Pacific Northwest/Vancouver, BC Golfers Group

Alright guys; any input?
Northview Ridge - greens might be a touch bumpy, great layout, higher price
Hazelmere - greens will be bumpy, so-so layout, medium-high price, grass range open
Homestead- unsure on greens, potential to be a mudfest
Padden - unsure on conditions.

2 Threesomes then?

If we don't have this booked my mid-day tomorrow we could be out of luck. Unless the Masters keeps people off the course...who knows.

Hazelmere and The Ridge both punched the greens at the end of March, and the Canal is closed this week due to punching/sanding. The Ridge may be somewhat recovered by now but it's a bit pricey especially if the conditions aren't ideal.
I think to make this work we are just going to have to risk a little bumpiness on the greens. It's that time of year.

Should we book a twosome and a 3 some? Or a 4some and a single? I could book 2 3somes if someone wants to bring a friend.

With all of the rain, I doubt it will be that bad. They might be a little shaggy but the bumps shouldn't be too bad. Northlands punched on monday and I played it today and other than being slower than anything imaginable the punches didn't come into play as much as I would have liked to have blamed them.

Alright guys; any input?
Northview Ridge - greens might be a touch bumpy, great layout, higher price
Hazelmere - greens will be bumpy, so-so layout, medium-high price, grass range open
Homestead- unsure on greens, potential to be a mudfest
Padden - unsure on conditions.

2 Threesomes then?

If we don't have this booked my mid-day tomorrow we could be out of luck. Unless the Masters keeps people off the course...who knows.

I am good with any of the 4. But I just checked northview's websites, and someone might want to confirm I'm not reading it wrong, but they look like they are on winter rates still until April 21st. If that is that case, that would be my vote.

I would book 2 3somes and that way if any thing changes during the week we can just turn it into 1 4some since they don't book singles as far as I know.

I am good with any of the 4. But I just checked northview's websites, and someone might want to confirm I'm not reading it wrong, but they look like they are on winter rates still until April 21st. If that is that case, that would be my vote.

I would book 2 3somes and that way if any thing changes during the week we can just turn it into 1 4some since they don't book singles as far as I know.

Correct, Northview doesn't book singles. I think it runs $60 right now and jumps up to $80 in 2 weeks.

John, Ryan, Dustin...any thoughts?

I just hopped on the Northview site to see if anything was available and booking wasn't working at all for me. Not sure if that is just me or if there is an issue.

The Ridge is booked solid Saturday. We are probably out of luck at this point.

To get back to back 3somes on Saturday morning this needed to be booked first thing last Saturday morning. I've tried everywhere I can think that works for everybody and struck out.

I had to hop in on this thread because, while I live in southern California, I am originally from the Lower Mainland and am back up there at least once if not three/four times per year...Abbotsford, to be specific. We gotta get an outing done next time I'm up! I'm hoping to be up there in late May/early June and will probably be driving this time (which means my clubs are coming with)....I'll keep you guys posted!

We can play the Ridge on Saturday but it will be 1:30 or later...does that work for people or not?

We can play the Ridge on Saturday but it will be 1:30 or later...does that work for people or not?

Can we get just a 4 anywhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am fine playing at that time. We maybe can try Peace portal? Seemed it great condition when I drove by a couple days ago.

I am down for that. Sorry for the delay, I've been driving all damn day haha. See my pm as well

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

No worries guys.
I will try to book first thing tomorrow and let you guys know.

Guys I'm still interested but busy being a golf Dad for the next while. Son is on the school team and I've been driving. Hoping to follow them Thursday at Meadow Gardens.

OK guys. We are booked under 'Curtis' at The Ridge for 1:48 (3) and 1:57 (2) on Saturday April 12. If any of you want to bring a friend feel free to call and add them to one time or the other if there is still room.

Sorry things didn't go as planned, but this is going to be a great day!

OK guys. We are booked under 'Curtis' at The Ridge for 1:48 (3) and 1:57 (2) on Saturday April 12. If any of you want to bring a friend feel free to call and add them to one time or the other if there is still room.

Sorry things didn't go as planned, but this is going to be a great day!

I think checkered said he might be out. If he is we could just get away with 4 of us and the 1:48 time?

To my knowledge checkered is in.

My bad, I thought I had read a post where he said he wasn't. The more the better!

Sorry, yeah I'm in. I just was willing to back out if it made things easier.

Curt, what's the rate out there?

Sorry, yeah I'm in. I just was willing to back out if it made things easier.

Curt, what's the rate out there?

Should be 58 Canadian Dollars. Range balls not included.

Thanks Curtis. Super stoked for this

Anyone interested in grabbing a bite afterwards? We could always grab lunch prior to playing if that works better for some people too I guess. The 'Duffey's Sports Bar' at the 19th hole has decent burgers, but lousy wings if I remember correctly.

I'm up for after. Had to do some childcare negotiating with the wife to swing the late tee time so getting there early enough to hit a bucket is the the best I can hope for.

I am in for that one.

Sounds great guys! Anyone have a preference for where we eat? I'll eat anywhere as long as it's pub prices or better haha.

Since we are all coming from north or south would the 19th hole there just be the easiest? I've eaten there a couple times and it seemed pretty decent.

Back