Paradise Club Members- FL

jhoefer99

#MerinoMarauder
Reaction score
Handicap
Sorry if there is a thread, I searched but didn't see it. Fitting name, but wondering if anyone else has a Paradise Club membership for the summer down here in south/central FL. Great deal at $199 through Oct 31 with most courses seeming to be 25-50% off, good at over 60 clubs, TPC Tampa and World Woods for $39, plus free member for a day at Cypress Run GC and Legacy GC. Would love to get out and play, meet some people and make some golf friends as I'm new to the area and the forum

JED

I used to, but in our area (just south of that), the deals are so good, its hard to want to travel. Then add the rest of the 2014 THP Events calendar and World Woods for $39 plus the cost of the card is just not for me. If I lived up closer I would consider, but still probably skip it.

Riverstrand, University Park, Waterlefe, Legacy, Sarasota National and so many others are less than $30 a round (time dependant) it makes it tough to even choose.

Pretty soon World Woods will start up with some deals that are very hard to pass up, which don't require the Paradise Card (36 holes and lunch for $59 and stuff like that). I have the card because it was free in a tournament I entered, but golf is so cheap here in the summer, it's not really a big deal to have the card.

Wow can't beat $30. I still would've paid $60 at Fox Hollow on Sunday, and Westchase charges an absurd $90. I figured if they were both $28-$35 with membership I was doing good, plus 15 different rounds at "cart fee" only... Only having been here 5 weeks I'm trying to make the rounds and pick out the courses I like best

Please let me know if an all-day World Woods trip goes down, I'd love to do that

Wow can't beat $30. I still would've paid $60 at Fox Hollow on Sunday, and Westchase charges an absurd $90. I figured if they were both $28-$35 with membership I was doing good, plus 15 different rounds at "cart fee" only... Only having been here 5 weeks I'm trying to make the rounds and pick out the courses I like best

Westchase should be dropping on May 1. I think it goes to $59 and $39 depending on the time.

The deals in Orlando are just too good to purchase the card. Would love to tee it up but between all the Florida members we can get some pretty good deal.

Please let me know if an all-day World Woods trip goes down, I'd love to do that

Westchase has a terribly inflated sense of how great their course is.

Its a solid and fun course. But keep in mind that what else is around? Tampa, for its location has the absolute worst public golfing situation I have ever seen.

that's what I thought too. I thought Wentworth and Fox Hollow were both nicer for half the price.

that's what I thought too. I thought Wentworth and Fox Hollow were both nicer for half the price.

Wentworth yes. Fox Hollow depending on how much play it gets. There are times when it is just awful due to amount of play. Half the summer I find Fox Hollow unplayable.

Then again, if someone lives in Tampa, where might they go? Not directed at you because I know you are new to the area. Westchase is really it.

Its a solid and fun course. But keep in mind that what else is around? Tampa, for its location has the absolute worst public golfing situation I have ever seen.

I won't argue with that, but the first time I played Westchase, I paid something like $75 and laughed after about 5 holes. I would rather spend $25 in gas money and drive to Orlando to play something worlds better for $40.

I won't argue with that, but the first time I played Westchase, I paid something like $75 and laughed after about 5 holes. I would rather spend $25 in gas money and drive to Orlando to play something worlds better for $40.

They know they have above average conditions, a prime location and nothing to compete against. I have always laughed at golf in Tampa and how public options are awful. There is no land and never has been outside of neighborhoods and those courses (in Tampa) almost always end up with issues with HOA (see Eagles, see Cheval).

They know they have above average conditions, a prime location and nothing to compete against. I have always laughed at golf in Tampa and how public options are awful. There is no land and never has been outside of neighborhoods and those courses (in Tampa) almost always end up with issues with HOA (see Eagles, see Cheval).

haha, I was just going to ask about Eagles and Cheval... guys I played with at Westchase said Eagles was much better than it used to be but I've never been. I'm going to Copperhead next week but it won't be a normal thing at those prices, thinking I might be left driving a half hour to tpc for around $40 but haven't heard great things about them either

haha, I was just going to ask about Eagles and Cheval... guys I played with at Westchase said Eagles was much better than it used to be but I've never been. I'm going to Copperhead next week but it won't be a normal thing at those prices, thinking I might be left driving a half hour to tpc for around $40 but haven't heard great things about them either

I played the Eagles a few weeks ago in a tournament. The Forest course was in pretty good shape. Much better shape than the Lakes course was the last time I played there (last summer). Cheval is usually in decent condition, but the back nine there is just silly. You wind all over the place, crisscrossing residential streets, and it has 3 par 3s, 3 par 5s and 3 par 4s. Northdale's greens are fantastic right now, but play is almost always slow.

And this is why when I lived up there, I drove down to play down here so often. Give me Waterlefe and University Park with River Strand over any 3 in the area for the same price. Then add in the other 45 courses.

And this is why when I lived up there, I drove down to play down here so often. Give me Waterlefe and University Park with River Strand over any 3 in the area for the same price. Then add in the other 45 courses.

If my job were portable, I would consider it.

Good info, thanks guys. Erky, where do you play mostly, just drive south on weekends?

Good info, thanks guys. Erky, where do you play mostly, just drive south on weekends?

It depends. Our Sunday game is always at one of the crappy munis, Rogers Park or Babe Zaharias. We sometimes have Saturday games at mediocre/fairly cheap courses like Quail Hollow. My dad lives up in Hernando County, so I do Southern Hills, World Woods, Hernando Oaks, Brooksville Country Club and Silverthorn quite a bit.

Back