Golf rituals or superstitions?

UVaWahoo

Reaction score
Handicap
A couple of years ago, I was driving to the course and was playing and singing along with one of my favorite CDs. I had what one would call a career round. To this day, when driving to a course I play that same CD. Unfortunately, I have never been able to replicate that round. But I keep playing the CD in hopes that it will put me in the right mindset or some other unknown factor. I know, there is something wrong with me. Anyone out there as nuts as me.

I'm afraid to ask what the cd was after a couple years, lol. I'm not really that way other than one old THP hat I wear a bunch.

I always put my left shoe on first, then my right, then tie my left and tie my right. Something I have always done in all my years of playing sports.

I've got about 8 ball markers in my bag. Before my round I look at them all and pick the one that feels "lucky" to use that day on the course.

I can't play with a number 3 ball, it's just bad mojo!

I've got about 8 ball markers in my bag. Before my round I look at them all and pick the one that feels "lucky" to use that day on the course.
Glad to know I'm not the only crazy one here. I do basically the same. Have to like the coin that day

I will make sure that is all Bridgestone sends you for the MC. :)

Haha, you'll need every advantage you can get come July lol. I'm going to get voodoo dolls of you guys and poke you in the butts as you get ready to swing.

Haha, you'll need every advantage you can get come July lol. I'm going to get voodoo dolls of you guys and poke you in the butts as you get ready to swing.

I take it back!!! That has a little too much detail to it Trout. I am a little but scared right now.

Lol, just re-read that it does sound awful.

A couple of years ago, I was driving to the course and was playing and singing along with one of my favorite CDs. I had what one would call a career round. To this day, when driving to a course I play that same CD. Unfortunately, I have never been able to replicate that round. But I keep playing the CD in hopes that it will put me in the right mindset or some other unknown factor. I know, there is something wrong with me. Anyone out there as nuts as me.

I am not very superstitious. Some OCD stuff can creep in from time to time but it is interesting to hear about some of the rituals people have.

I can't play with a number 3 ball, it's just bad mojo!

I only play with the 1 and 3 balls. I usually trade the even numbers with friends or sell them. I think it's bad mojo! That's really funny to me to read this!

I carry 3 Florida Gator tees in my bag. Never used them and about had a panic attack when I thought I lost one. That's about as superstitious as my golf gets.

I NEVER take rake into bunker w/ me.. Bad mojo having that thing near me while hitting bunker shot. It LOVES to smooth sand,wants me to hit several shots in there so it can smooth a lot of sand, I hear it begging!!

YABBA DABBA DOOOOOOO

I don't have any rituals. Similar to Barry I think my ball markers bring me luck sometimes.

My only ritual is the same ball mark, which is a quarter with my birth year 1982 as the date. I used that for the first time a couple years ago and it was the best putting round of my life so I have used it ever since then.

Some of you guys have interesting rituals. lol

I always like to top it off the first tee, that seems to be how I have to start every round I play!

When I play as a single, I like to start off listening to Corey Smith on my Ipod. It doesn't matter the song.
If my last shot on the range was bad, I use a new glove to start the round. I change gloves after every bad swing. Thinking back over my last few rounds, I change gloves a lot.

I'm not sure why but I will shy away from wearing an outfit again that I had a really bad round in.

I have a few little things I do. For one, I never, ever line the ball up before putting. If the line happens to be facing me, I will rotate the ball so that I can't see the line.

I only golf after the wife kisses my balls for luck!!

I used to play with a guy who would change his ball after he hit the green (from white to yellow) ..... and he would LICK IT :sick: before he would place it back down!! I used to tell him it was illegal but he didn't care. I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't with us anymore with all the chemicals they put on the greens and he is LICKING the golf ball!!

Back