How many of you have hit a hole in one?

I have been lucky enough to make 4,

The first was 193 yards downhill. The hole was hidden behind rise so all I could see was the flag. I hat a good shot do I was surprised when I got to the green and did not see a ball. I loked behind the green until one of my partners checked the hole.

The second was on the same hole but with a different pin position I was able to se the ball gi in.

The third was an up hill 130 yard shot. I saw it go in but all three of my partners were vision-challenged so they had to go to the hole to verify the HOI.

The last was 150 yards and again I could watch the ball roll into the cup.

No great prizes but no big expense because I had insurance for all four.

One in June 2014...One hop and spun in. I've came close with some burned edges and hit flag sticks a few times. I'm of the school of thought they are nothing more than blind luck.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I wish. I have been within inches more times than I care to remember but I have never had one fall for me.

Okay.....

Last edited:
I've had two of them and they were on the same hole at my golf course back home. (Lake Jonesco). My first one came shortly after I turned 60 years old and within the next year I had #2. I had given up hope and was pretty pumped when it finally happen.

Same hole for me, I had given up hope of ever having one as I am 67. Eight days ago I finally got it and immediately thought of my buddy Ole Gray.

After you wrote your name on the sheet did you put the stick into the hole along with the flag?

The guys I was playing with insisted that I do that, we were the first group through the hole that day.

I do not have one, but last month I almost did. I'm not 100% sure it would have stayed in if I flew it into the hole, however.

I had one a few weeks ago, was completely alone though so I need another one to make it feel real! I heard it hit the pin on the fly and found it in the cup.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441935030.559342.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1441935040.162034.jpg

Two. Spring of 1991- closest to the pin hole too... Won a CERTIFICATE! Ha! And September 5, 2009, Barton Creek, Labor Day weekend.

i had one a couple of months ago after I called it on the tee box before hitting

One. I was 11 years old at the time and had been golfing about 6 months. Hit a 6-iron from 105.

I have had 4
3/20/1996 Willowick Golf Course - Santa Ana, Ca. Hole #7 - 175 Yards - Wilson Staff Tour Blade 5 Iron with a Wilson Ultra Tour Balata
9/21/2009 Cypresswood Golf Club - Cypress Course Spring, Tx. Hole #5 - 172 Yards - Adams Pro Gold 5 Iron with a TaylorMade TP Red LDP
1/11/2013 Cypresswood Golf Club - Tradition Course Spring, Tx. Hole #8 - 174 Yards - Ping I5 4 Iron with a Titleist Pro V1
3/23/2015 Cypresswood Golf Club - Tradition Course Spring, Tx. Hole #3 - 162 Yards - Callaway XR Pro 7 Iron with a Callaway Chrome Soft

This is my first full year of playing and got my first hole-in-one on 9/3/15. The hole was playing just over 130 yards from a elevated tee box to a sloping away green. Hit my shot into orbit and it took two little bounces and in the cup. I was using a Nike Covert 2.0 8 iron and Maxfli U/4 ball. Took the ball out of play after that but still use the club. :D A hole-in-one and best round ever all rolled into one. :clapp:

Zero HIO for me and been playing since an early teenager. I blame my dad who had 7. He took way more than any single golfer should and took all the one's for our family.

One

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

My one legit ace was FUGLY!

Waco 1993, I think the course was named Cottonwood Creek? I've only ever played it that one time and we only had time for nine, so not sure which hole or even which nine? But I can still remember the shot vividly. From our tees, the left half of that green was fronted by a pond and the pin was tucked just over the pond near the left edge. You would think it would take great shot to to get anywhere close. Wrong. A craptastic swing and blind luck provided me a more 'creative' option. I topped/bladed an 8 iron on a line that probably would've been 20 yards right of the green were there not a banked hill running all down the right. My ball hopped and rolled about the last 100+ yards, veering further and further left each bounce, like a race car on a banked curve, rolled up onto the right side of the green and all the way across, turning more left all the way into the cup! Takes #internetgolfer 'skills' to properly read the break and speed from 140 yards out. haha.

I consider this one a makeup call for what was (but never was) a beautiful ace 14 years earlier at Brackenridge Park in San Antonio. This is an old Tillinghast course, rich in tour history, so it's weird I lost my first ace here in such a strange way. From the tee we could tell the flag stick was replaced with a short pole with and makeshift flag. I hit a gorgeous six iron right to it that hit the stick and ended up less than an inch from the right edge of the cup. Well that makeshift stick was a broken shovel handle (the kind that flares out thicker down near the blade) with a red rag duct taped to it. When the shovel handle was in the cup there wasn't enough room for a ball to possibly fall in. It was obvious walking off the green why the hasty spare was installed. You could see the real stick way out in the marsh near the river where someone had tossed it like a javelin. Thanks Bud ... whoever you were. Still waiting for my first pretty ace and it stings every time I see the old guy lob the flag stick in that insurance commercial.

Last edited:
1. In a charity tournament this year. 119 into the wind, PW. Stuck pin high 2 feet, rolled left into the cup. Won 1/2 of the skins. So that was pretty awesome.

3 and they all happened within 18 months of each other. Crazy game.

Back