The Lucky Bounce Thread

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Show me your lucky bounces from the round! This one was a sure thing for the water I think. Would have preferred it hit the pin the next par 3 instead, but a par save is a par save!

8b04c7e32cb9c52577379edb2ee08756.jpg

Lucky break! And I would take it in a second. But . . .

Wouldn't something like that defeat the argument of getting relief from a divot hole in the fairway!

Wasn't today your birthday Dano? Haha

I was only a couple feet from a HOI. I would have taken the water ball here in exchange, for what its worth hahahahaha

That would have been an awesome present!

Don't have a pic but have a little story.

We were playing Alderbrook on our 24th hole of the day, dogleg left 410 yard par 4, 2-man best ball teams. Need about 260 to reach the corner, 300 is ob. Jim cranked his drive straight down left center...and when it landed it hit something, bounced almost 90 left and they ended up on side of a ditch behind a tree where it would be almost impossible to chip into fairway far enough to get around corner.

I stepped up, hit a slight draw that was tailing towards the ditch if it turned or water if it went straight. It landed about 20 yards beyond his...and richocheted 45 degress right, lengthening it and setting it up perfectly around the corner of the dogleg. No justice. He hit the better directional drive, got punished. I hit the better distance, worse direction...and got rewarded.

O)f course karma then struck as John struck his 2nd about 20 yards and I thought I could reach the green in 2 with a pitching wedge from about 140. Hit it off the toe, never found that ball again. Meanwhile, they had to chip onto fairway from their lie, their third shot the better was wide right but hit a tree and bounced perfectly onto the green fringe... I was saved by a bounce, they were hurt by one, and we lost the hole...

Show me your lucky bounces from the round! This one was a sure thing for the water I think. Would have preferred it hit the pin the next par 3 instead, but a par save is a par save!

8b04c7e32cb9c52577379edb2ee08756.jpg

Better to be lucky than good at times. I'd be happy with that!

Back