What does your game need?

Inconsistent ball striking and I think it's hugely related to tempo for me as well. I struggle with hitters mentality and can get quick without realizing it

Focus and concentration. I tend to start daydreaming during a round and I can't seem to stay in the "zone."

My game needs SEVERAL things but the topper right now would be to learn to putt at least as well as I used to. Last spring I had surgery on my right knee and ever since my right lower leg/foot area feels heavier and duller. I never realized just how much my feet were subconsciously telling me while walking around on the greens and when behind the ball getting a feel for a putt. The dull sensation in my my leg now tricks my senses to feel I'm on a slope with my right foot high which somewhat overrides what I see and I sense every putt breaks more left than it does. I've always been a feel player, and all phases of my game struggle (including putting), when I get too mechanical. I can no longer just find a line I'm confident with and then waggle the putter while looking at and 'feeling' the the roll of whole putt. I've not found an effective mechanical workaround that I can trust yet. Any help?

Focus, discipline and consistency. I think better focus and discipline will lead to a better pre-shot routine, tempo, consistency, etc..

Inconsistent ball striking and I think it's hugely related to tempo for me as well. I struggle with hitters mentality and can get quick without realizing it

That's me + some work on the short game.

I can't even buy a putt lately. I didn't make a putt outside of three feet yesterday, and I have no distance control with my wedges. I need to find out how to keep my game from regressing once I get it working. Driver works, irons are crap. Irons work, driver is crap. Both of those are mediocre and I can't get get a chip close or a putt to fall.

first and foremost i need better putting, particularly lag putting. on the practice green, my lag putting is fine. on the golf course, it's abysmal.

after the lag putting, i need a sand game. i had it for a few rounds earlier this year, and now it's 100% gone. i have no clue what i'm doing in the sand.

after the sand game, i need to lose weight, strengthen my legs and core, and gain flexibility in my back and shoulders.

and 100 million dollars. i need 100 million dollars.

Mid-Iron game, need to get them yardages dialed in

For me its consistent ball striking. I'm pretty consistent off the tee, not too shabby around the green (though sometimes I try to get too cute) and, well I don't work enough on putting to be good at it but I'm not terrible. But I seem to have more than my share of fats in the fairway and that just gets in my head. I've been working on shortening my backswing which has helped, but I still try to overswing too much when on the course. I keep telling myself to take an extra club and go with a 3/4 backswing.

The thing that's hurting my game the most right now is lack of balance. I went through some advanced Rolfing about a month ago and it was great for my posture and overall body balance but totally wrecked my balance during a swing. I seem to have a tendency to fall into the ball a bit if I'm not paying attention - not good!

My game needs to hit more greens and play better out of the sand.

Tee game. At this point I think it's equal parts mental (expecting the worst at this point) and physical (poor alignment).

Fairway bunker practice and chipping. My last 2 rounds in this category hurt my scores

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Chipping and pitching is all I'm lacking... I used to be very good, but now I don't even have a stroke I trust and I blade a WHOLE lot of shots. I'm working on it, but it's slow going building confidence again.

More Cowbell!

Consistency off of the tee box. Mainly with the driver.

I need to also learn to hit that freaking Heavenwood off of the tee box when the driver and 3 wood are failing me.

Consistency. I have been working on my tempo and it is already proving its worth. My problem is I can hit a great drive, but my second shot is terrible. I can have great short game, but can't putt to finish a hole. I can hit a terrible drive, my second shot gets me close, but then my short game stinks.

It is rare when I have a great drive, second shot gets me on, and I putt out for par. Mostly when I go par, something went wrong, but something went right and I walk off with an E.

The approach shots with the 6 iron and longer is what I need. If I could get more GIR, it would raise my game to the next level.

1) Keep the driver in play.
2) Hit approach shots closer to the hole.
3) Learn to putt.

In other words, a different golfer.

I need more reps and an improved mid-iron game. During the early spring I had the chance to play 1 or 2 times a week, and my game and scores were better than ever. Now I'm occupied and don't get a chance to play and struggle/flirt with barely breaking 90 again.

On a good note my driver has been on point this year, but that has led to where I need improvement in the iron game. You can't score if you miss the green from the fairway. An increase in GIR is my goal next year.....

Reps and range time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great thread Trouter.

My game needs confidence and a lot of it. I have none at the moment and have been playing that way with no confidence for most of this year and it's pretty frustrating. Even when I'm hitting the ball well at the range I'm struggling to trust my game and bring it to the course. I could tell you last year I was going to shoot between 72 and 77 every time out. This year I can't tell you if I'll shoot 67 or 102. Just no confidence in myself which leads to lazy swings because I'm afraid of doing something and having really weak shots.

My game just needs more time. Turning the corner from "I am not sure I can ever play this game well" to "okay, I can be pretty good at this if I keep working" made all the difference for me this year. Changed my attitude from "don't screw up" to "attack!" almost overnight. The game is a lot more fun when you are in attack mode.

More consistent tempo - I tend to swing wayyy too hard with the driver compared to the other clubs....

Back