The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sirens going off now... Going to be a fun night.

Sirens going off now... Going to be a fun night.
I hope you're in South Lincoln, I see North West Lincoln is in a tornado watch. Multiple confirmed reports of Tornadoes.
And huge hail, luckily it's moving slow so there's plenty of time to get somewhere safe.

They closed part of HWY 6 due to storm damage.

Looks like the big part of the storm may slide north of Lincoln.

Another tornado warning near Beaver Crossing back west.

Hope you guys are ok.

Good lord I love THP Events.
Especially weekend long events (which are more fun than Invitationals by a huge margin to me)
Just great people and you learn a lot about the people that make up this community.

I do love the longer full weekend events as well. While the golf is the glue of the events, it's always about so much more than that.

LIITA seemed to go off without a hitch, well done!

I do love the longer full weekend events as well. While the golf is the glue of the events, it's always about so much more than that.

LIITA seemed to go off without a hitch, well done!

It was great. Wife really had fun which is a big sell for future THP events. She commented how fun it was on the course today and hopefully seeing how the guys interact and have fun will punch my ticket more easily in the future.

Great idea to get the wives involved. Great idea.

I hope you're in South Lincoln, I see North West Lincoln is in a tornado watch. Multiple confirmed reports of Tornadoes.
And huge hail, luckily it's moving slow so there's plenty of time to get somewhere safe.

Yeah, I'm south of it so likely not going to see anything. Fingers crossed though.

Good lord I love THP Events.
Especially weekend long events (which are more fun than Invitationals by a huge margin to me)
Just great people and you learn a lot about the people that make up this community.

I agree and I will extra day it from now on 4 sure.

Jeez headed to Ashland and Omaha now.

Took my wife to Mothers Day brunch at Flemings yesterday, and had an absolute terrible time. Meal was awful and nearly inedible, managers were incompetent, and took nearly 3 hours from start to finish. Fortunately, wait staff was incredible and did their best to make it a decent experience. Meal was comped, and while that was fine, it still didnt make up for it.

I rarely leave reviews on Yelp, but this time I had to.

Interesting enough, I just got a message from their Managing Partner asking me to give him some more information on what all occurred, and to allow him to make it right.

Kind of surprised.

I mentioned a couple of day ago that my wife had been encouraging me to play golf yesterday but that I wasn't falling for that obvious trap. So yesterday morning comes and she again - for like the 5th time - insists that I go play golf. So I did. Fast forward to the round, where I'm paired with a very nice married couple. The lady was especially chatty and friendly, we were striking up a near friendship on the course :) By maybe the 3rd hole she asks if I'm married (yes), if I have kids (yes) and what I'm doing for Mother's Day. When I explained that I was on the course and the wife was with the kids running errands her jaw dropped, I got stink eye and she very forcefully announced "Frank, that is OUTRAGEOUS!" My explanations fell on deaf ears. So the hole continued and we eventually made our way to the green. She made a point of driving the cart over to me to tell me "I told my husband 'That is NEVER' happening in our house", which made me laugh. I told the wife this story after I got home and she cracked up. #nosubstituteformarryingwell

Sometimes event signups confuse me.
We see people travel from all over for a single day Invitational.
Then we see an event that is so much grander than that, costs about the same and has little interest.

I think that should tell me something and its always important to learn from each thing.

Sometimes event signups confuse me.
We see people travel from all over for a single day Invitational.
Then we see an event that is so much grander than that, costs about the same and has little interest.

I think that should tell me something and its always important to learn from each thing.

Wonder if folks had to write a poem for an invitational if the # of entries would be similar. Seems like the amount of effort (even if minimal) is almost always inversely proportional to the number of entries.

Wonder if folks had to write a poem for an invitational if the # of entries would be similar. Seems like the amount of effort (even if minimal) is almost always inversely proportional to the number of entries.

without a doubt. Although its not always a poem. Sometimes its just send a tweet. Say Im in. Etc.

If you are referring to Wilson I am sure it will pick up. I plan on entering but have been traveling all day and need to get some time to get an entry in. I imagine it will get quite a few entries, it is way too amazing not to

Yeah, getting close to Lincoln and the wife is freaking out a bit.

Stay safe. Hoping everyone comes through it safe and sound.

If you are referring to Wilson I am sure it will pick up. I plan on entering but have been traveling all day and need to get some time to get an entry in. I imagine it will get quite a few entries, it is way too amazing not to

I wasnt really referring to any single entity and certainly did not want to call someone out for not entering anything. They should do and go where they want to. Just general musings as I plan the future and how much effort to devote.

Understandable I just figured I would chime in. Obviously this is your site and I have full confidence you will make great decisions for 2015 just like you always have.

I wasnt really referring to any single entity and certainly did not want to call someone out for not entering anything. They should do and go where they want to. Just general musings as I plan the future and how much effort to devote.

Ruh Roh for the party planner

How much of it is fear of the unknown? Even though at this point it should be crystal clear that you don't do anything small.

without a doubt. Although its not always a poem. Sometimes its just send a tweet. Say Im in. Etc.

Even for the ones I try to get in and don't, I personally think it's great that people have to make an effort to be a part of something as cool as these events, particularly if the companies involved get to assist in the vote on those entries.

Unfortunately for me JB timing is a issue, and right now trying to allocate funds and such.

My job simply doesn't let me sign out for things in spring/fall.

So that leaves winter/summer, in the winter I pretty much forget about golf as I get into a few other things (shooting hunting) so that leaves summer.

Recently any event in the summer has been more about money than anything. I think the prices for all events are nothing short of spectacular, and I don't want you to feel like you guys are doing anything but an amazing job.

Hopefully something will fall into place and I can make it to some event.

How much of it is fear of the unknown? Even though at this point it should be crystal clear that you don't do anything small.

Im sure that is part of it.
Many new events do this, and frankly we would think by now people would not underestimate.
Adams, TheKing, Love Is In The Air, TheGrandaddy, the list goes on and on of new events that people shyed away from and truly missed out.
But I do think there is more to it than that. So many people never even venture into the threads...

And thats cool. Nobody is forcing them to, but it does make me wonder about a few things and where we allocate our funds, our time, etc.

Unfortunately for me JB timing is a issue, and right now trying to allocate funds and such.

My job simply doesn't let me sign out for things in spring/fall.

So that leaves winter/summer, in the winter I pretty much forget about golf as I get into a few other things (shooting hunting) so that leaves summer.

Recently any event in the summer has been more about money than anything. I think the prices for all events are nothing short of spectacular, and I don't want you to feel like you guys are doing anything but an amazing job.

Hopefully something will fall into place and I can make it to some event.

Again, it was not to call anybody out. Clearly financial and work obligations should trump ANY golf event.

FWIW. Here's some thoughts from someone who has yet to make either an invitational or special event weekend.

In my case less notice is better than longer notice, oddly enough. I made it into the SeeMore event 8 months out and had no reason to think I wouldn't be able to attend. I had plenty of vacation and pretty much set my own schedule. Then I lost my job two months after making it in.

I certainly understand for most people more notice is better. It's just in my case, probably a two to three (max) month window of announcement and signup would be best. My industry just has so many things that come up and change it's hard to make definite plans. That may change some in my new role, I certainly hope so.

Anyway, my point is you'll never be able to find the perfect formula for max participation. I think the 15 events offered this year are all fantastic. And honestly, if I had unlimited time and money, I would without question want to go to every single one of them.

I just hope you know how much the members here appreciate all the time and effort that you put into making these happen. It truly is nothing short of spectacular. Knowing others who have tried and failed, makes it all the more impressive. And for that we thank you.

Not sure if any of this rambling helped in any way. But if nothing else it gave me another opportunity to say Thanks, and I look forward to finally making it to my first event in Ocean City next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back