Average Male Golfer according to Trackman

tahoebum

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I ran across this interesting article this morning. Some pretty useful information. It sounds like most of us could benefit from getting a proper fit and squeezing an extra 10 yards out of our tee shots.

Here's the link to the article. http://blog.trackmangolf.com/performance-of-the-average-male-amateur/

Club-Speed-for-Average-Male-Golfer.png

I'm above average!!! If only my teachers could see me now!

Proud to be average.

I'm above average woot woot!! Now I wonder what the 3 putt percentage would be

Count me in the 91-95. Would love more yards/speed

Great article. I am positive I leave yards on the tee box.

It would be interesting to see the age groups as well. I might be above average for old guys, but just average with young guns.

Above average, at least in one thing.

This is the only time I can ever call myself a 1 percenter lol

15% er here.

Average and ok with it

Pretty sure I'm a 15%er. Maybe 6 on a good day, like my score.

I'm above the average, but definitely still in the meat of the chart at right around 100mph.

Definitely true that incorrect fitting (or lack thereof) causes loss of yards in a lot of cases. I think I'm pretty close now.

Pretty interesting stat

Interesting stat....23%er here for the avg. SS

One thing the article clearly shows is that about half of the approach shots are 40 feet or more short of the target and very few are more than 20 feet past the target. Most every golfer could benefit from taking more club on approach shots.
AMA-dispersion-at-160-yard-target.png

Whoo 22%

One chart on there suggests I could be a scratch golfer, I'm definitely lagging behind there.

I'm not quite sure what to think of the greens chart. I've spent a lot of time monitoring club distances. If a well struck 8 iron would hit the center of the green and a well struck 7 iron would be too long I think the 8 is the right club. I don't want to be swinging with the thought that I'm going to get distance right by missing. Of course that changes on a hole to hole basis depending on where trouble is. For example if there is water on the front of the green and not the back I would then take the 7 as missing long is better.

One thing the article clearly shows is that about half of the approach shots are 40 feet or more short of the target and very few are more than 20 feet past the target. Most every golfer could benefit from taking more club on approach shots.
And the annoying "spin it back" crowd.

Congrats on sucking your approach 10 foot back, no you'll 3 putt from farther away.

Yes, the average golfer could as many base it on a perfect strike all the time. But you also have to think, short is typically safe. Long, who knows. Plus, it's golf and not on the Internet where we don't duff the ball at all.

Hmm so I'm just about adverage! I'll take it!

This is something I've been working on this year. I feel like it's paid dividends. I'm not always taking more club, but sometimes swinging harder. I find that I rarely fly the green and end up in trouble. Most times I'm hole high or a little more and making a reasonable attempt at birdie or par.

I'm a 15%er

Pretty sure I'm a 15%er. Maybe 6 on a good day, like my score.
Nah, you're a solid 6% all day and into the 1% on good days. Our distances were pretty comparable when we played

Back