Switching from px95 flighted to dgx100

Mr Christer

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi folks!

Just new to the forum and need som advise
I game a set of x2hot pro whit px95 flighted 6.0

last month i have had the feeling that my Irons feel a bit whippy and a loose the ball to the left(i'm a righty) or send it to the moon!
Today i was at the local shop and tried some shafts, s300 and x100
with the s300 i could feel the club in the whole swing and could put some load on the ball! And it was heavier then my px flighted!
whit the x100 i could hit the ball hard,loose and medium and it just went straight or a light draw!

but i feel it maybe too much shaft for me??
avg. Ss on my driver is 114. I have a Quick transsition.
i have a ss(6iron)of 95ish whit a normal swing and around 100 when i put some power on the ball.
i normaly score in the 80is and a decent/good ballstriker

plays around 27 holes per week and about 4-6h training

so hope you could give some toughts about this

Last edited:
You are around PGA Tour swing speed with your 6 iron, but that is just part of the ratio. Part of it will be transition and ball flight from things such as AOA, etc.
If the S300 felt right and you could feel the head throughout, I would say that its the perfect match (generally speaking). Odds are you are also hitting them slightly higher than the x100, at least at peak height, which I am guessing is not a bad thing.

Go with feel, and which ones felt better and let the rest fall into place.

Yes, the s300 felt good! Wonder how other thinks about the px flighted? If some of you had felt the same about this shafts :)

Back