Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser Putters - THP Review Thread

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Full review on THP Homepage here http://www.thehackersparadise.com/odyssey-works-v-line-tank-cruiser-putter-review/

Today Odyssey is unveiling a rather anticipated addition to their lineup, the Tank Cruiser options within their Odyssey Works line of putters. Last years Tank Cruisers were met with a lot of praise and success on the tours and with amateurs as well, so its only natural to see it expanded to the Works lineup. As with the past there will be different headshapes offered and the setups will feature headweight adjustability (full weight kit) as well as counterweighting in the grip (5g, 15g, 30g) combined with the extremely popular Fusion RX insert.

THP will have one of the newest models in hand VERY soon and I will have in hand pics up as soon as possible!

Information from Odyssey:

Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser Putters take our revolutionary Versa alignment and adjustable counterbalance and put them together in Tour proven head shape models. They’re part of Odyssey Works, a high performance technology platform that takes everything we know about putting and puts it to work.

These new putters have combined the best selling, best feeling, most trusted insert ever with quicker roll that gets the ball into a pure roll faster. And we’ve added the adjustable Tank counterbalance head weighting and grip weighting to find the putter balance you want for your most consistent stroke. Yes, you really get all that proven technology in one putter.

Features and Benefits:

Quicker Roll With Fusion RX
We’ve taken the most legendary insert of all-time that’s the best feeling, best selling, with the most Tour wins and combined it with unbelievable new roll technology for the Fusion RX Insert.
It’s where feel meets roll as we couple the White Hot insert with ultra thin stainless steel mesh and our patented Metal-X roll pattern. There are no compromises, and it has faster roll than the White Hot insert, so it reduces skidding and gets the ball into a pure roll faster.

Major-Winning Versa Alignment
You’ve seen how the world’s best players trust this visionary alignment. The silver and black contrast lets your eyes key in on the linear designs to highlight the proper face angle from address to impact for alignment throughout your putting stroke.

Adjustable Counterbalance Weighting
Adjust your head weight and grip weight to dial in your putter balance. This is how you get the feel and stability you want for your most consistent stroke.

Counterweighting (in the grip): 5g, 15g and 30g weight options

Head Weights
  • V-Line Head weight: 375g (adjustable to 365g or 385g)
  • #7 Head Weight: 375g (adjustable to 365g or 385g)
  • #1 (Wide) Head Weight: 375g (adjustable to 365g or 385g)
  • 2-Ball Fang Head Weight: 385g (adjustable to 375g or 395g)

Tour Proven Head Shapes
These are some of our most prolific models, and they continue to dominate on Tour. All of these putters have been validated over and over by the world’s best players.

V-Line: The V-Line head shape with the Big T gives you alignment to setup to the ball, and alignment all the way through your stroke.

odyssey-works-v-line-cruiser-back-2015-L.jpg

odyssey-works-v-line-cruiser-full-2015-L.jpg

odyssey-works-v-line-cruiser-face-2015-L.jpg

odyssey-works-v-line-cruiser-hero-2015-L.jpg

odyssey-works-v-line-cruiser-top-2015-L.jpg

#7: With its alignment fangs, the #7 head shape has become one of the most prolific models ever on Tour.

odyssey-works-cruiser-7-back-2015-L.jpg

odyssey-works-cruiser-7-full-2015-L.jpg

odyssey-works-cruiser-7-face-2015-L.jpg

odyssey-works-cruiser-7-hero-2015-L.jpg

odyssey-works-cruiser-7-top-2015-L.jpg

#1 (Wide): The #1 head shape continues to win on Tours all over the world with its weighted blade design.

odyssey-works-cruiser-1-back-2015-L.jpg

odyssey-works-cruiser-1-full-2015-L.jpg

odyssey-works-cruiser-1-face-2015-L.jpg

odyssey-works-cruiser-1-hero-2015-L.jpg

odyssey-works-cruiser-1-top-2015-L.jpg

2-Ball Fang: The 2-Ball Fang head is the most accurate 2-Ball of all-time, and it’s quickly become one of the best-selling putters in the world.

odyssey-works-2ball-fang-back-2015-L.jpg

odyssey-works-2ball-fang-full-2015-L.jpg

odyssey-works-2ball-fang-face-2015-L.jpg

odyssey-works-2ball-fang-hero-2015-L.jpg

odyssey-works-2ball-fang-top-2015-L.jpg

V-Line Works Tank Cruiser in for Review:

DSC_0325-XL.jpg

DSC_0324-XL.jpg

DSC_0327-XL.jpg

DSC_0326-XL.jpg

DSC_0328-XL.jpg

DSC_0329-XL.jpg

DSC_0330-XL.jpg

DSC_0331-XL.jpg

DSC_0332-XL.jpg

DSC_0333-XL.jpg

DSC_0334-XL.jpg

DSC_0335-XL.jpg

DSC_0336-XL.jpg

DSC_0340-XL.jpg

DSC_0341-XL.jpg

DSC_0342-XL.jpg

DSC_0343-XL.jpg

DSC_0344-XL.jpg

DSC_0345-XL.jpg

DSC_0346-XL.jpg

DSC_0348-XL.jpg

DSC_0349-XL.jpg

DSC_0350-XL.jpg

DSC_0351-XL.jpg

DSC_0352-XL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here you go JB. Not exactly 400g but 385g and some lead tape gets you there

I guess im confused, I thought these were already out.

Just as I push the idea of buying a #1 W out of my head this happens....ugh!

Your not alone dude. I think the confusion is the works coloring. But I'm not sure I really know what the difference is.

• Staff
Your not alone dude. I think the confusion is the works coloring. But I'm not sure I really know what the difference is.
Same as last year, this is the cruiser line with full weight adjustability on both ends to supplement the rest of the line for those looking for a counterbalance setup that can be altered to fit their needs.

The shapes and color scheme was, but not the "Tank" version. Iirc only the #7 was offered as Tank version

Having seen these on Twitter and Instagram I was wondering when they would be released. Some good options, but unfortunately no mid mallet head shapes.

Why does the 1 Wide have to be a plumbers neck. They had me. I will still end up there, minus the counter balance grip and see about getting those 15s switched out for 30+

• Staff
The shapes and color scheme was, but not the "Tank" version. Iirc only the #7 was offered as Tank version

Having seen these on Twitter and Instagram I was wondering when they would be released. Some good options, but unfortunately no mid mallet head shapes.
Correct.

With the popularity the cruiser line last year, it would have been crazy for them not to carry that over to the Works link this year.

Oh..and the fact that Jrod had a #1W at 34" in the bag in January

Why does the 1 Wide have to be a plumbers neck. They had me. I will still end up there, minus the counter balance grip and see about getting those 15s switched out for 30+

Thats not a 1W thats just a 1 isn't it?

I thought these were already out too, so whats different the weights?

Same as last year, this is the cruiser line with full weight adjustability on both ends to supplement the rest of the line for those looking for a counterbalance setup that can be altered to fit their needs.

Thank you dude. It makes sense that this the progression.

Thats not a 1W thats just a 1 isn't it?

I thought these were already out too, so whats different the weights?

Check the pics right after the #7 in the first post. Looks like both have the plumbers neck.

Check the pics right after the #7 in the first post. Looks like both have the plumbers neck.

I'm convinced that those pictures are wrong for the 1W, if you look at the one of the sole it only says 1 not 1W even on Odysseys site it says...

ODYSSEY WORKS TANK CRUISER #1 WIDE PUTTER

The Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser #1 Wide Putter is a compact heel-toe weighted blade with a wide flange, Versa high contrast alignment, a double bend shaft and full-shaft offset. Adjustable weighting. Weight kit included.

I could obviously be wrong, but I have never seen a 1W with a plumbers neck. In fact that is the only reason I own a 1W because it doesn't have a plumbers neck. And the Tank Versa 1W doesn't have one either.

I'm convinced that those pictures are wrong for the 1W, if you look at the one of the sole it only says 1 not 1W even on Odysseys site it says...

ODYSSEY WORKS TANK CRUISER #1 WIDE PUTTER

The Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser #1 Wide Putter is a compact heel-toe weighted blade with a wide flange, Versa high contrast alignment, a double bend shaft and full-shaft offset. Adjustable weighting. Weight kit included.

I could obviously be wrong, but I have never seen a 1W with a plumbers neck. In fact that is the only reason I own a 1W because it doesn't have a plumbers neck. And the Tank Versa 1W doesn't have one either.

This is directly from Odyssey.

That #1W needs to have a CS straight shaft option and it would be hellafun.

I understand. Its just weird.
FWIW, it was a 1 wide with PN in last year's cruiser line too. They've made the shape with PN a few times, just not regularly.

This is what I've been wanting, and likely my putter for the grandaddy will come from this line. I've got an OG TC #1W that I'll be using up until the event, so I might go with that shape, but I also love the #7 head so we will see.

FWIW, it was a 1 wide with PN in last year's cruiser line too. They've made the shape with PN a few times, just not regularly.

Yeah I just noticed that too. Thanks.

Just seeing the picture where it only says 1 and not 1w and the whole PN thing threw me off, especially since the 1W in the Works Tank Versa looks normal. I am curious as to why the change for the cruiser model though.

The V-Line version of this is going to make putting a lot easier for the masses.

No 330 love :(

I guess it's time to look at the 1W

No 330 love :(

I guess it's time to look at the 1W
I was bummed by this too. I'm guessing it just didn't sell as well as the other shapes in the cruiser line last year.

It was what I was hoping for and thinking of for December honestly.

Lack of 330 head shape is disappointing, but like James said it has to be because it didn't sell well. I'm not sure what I'll be rolling come December.

I'm really eager to see what shape is coming in for review to be honest, mainly because this line is a very viable option for me in December, plus, I look forward to comparing it to last years cruiser line.

Back