Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser Putters - THP Review Thread

I am curious what the extra hole is for on the sole of the putters. Very curious.

Right now im definitely leaning toward the #1W for December, figured I should start getting some time with a plumbers neck again so ill be taking my wife's Cleveland Classic #1 to the course from now on and ditching my M2 at home so I can get my game ready. Today will be my first 18 without the M2 but I think its a smart prep move for the Grandaddy!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I'm glad they are continuing with the tank line. I know a lot of people are pretty fond of them. They just aren't for me.

Boom, I've been waiting to see these, the works line was so nice, to add the tank and adjustability is perfect!

Nice. I'll take a look at a #7. Most likely will get rid of the counter balance grip and chop to my playing length and game at 365. Who knows though, I gamed a cruiser last year for quite a bit

i like this. #7 and #1w have my interest.

So basically they look most of last year's Tank Cruiser line and slapped a new insert on it for this line? I really like my Tank Cruiser that I'm rolling right now, but probably won't shell out the money for this line, especially because I'd want a custom length on it.

Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser Putters - THP Review Thread

Man give me that 2 ball and an alignment stripe running down the middle any day! (Sharpie if necessary)

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

So basically they look most of last year's Tank Cruiser line and slapped a new insert on it for this line? I really like my Tank Cruiser that I'm rolling right now, but probably won't shell out the money for this line, especially because I'd want a custom length on it.

The insert is definitely improved, many scoff at the mesh being added as trivial but it does in fact improve the roll while keeping the feel of the WH insert so many love. Plus, you now get the versa scheme in the cruiser line, which I personally am not fond of, but MANY are adamant believers in.

Remember, custom lengths can be ordered easy peasy from Odyssey, and most any store can order it for someone that way as well.

Just saw this photo on pgatour.com which gives a great view of the sole. Answers what is that "hole" for question. It looks pretty badass. But I still don't see a W next to that 1 :alien:

putter4-847.jpg

Just saw this photo on pgatour.com which gives a great view of the sole. Answers what is that "hole" for question. It looks pretty badass. But I still don't see a W next to that 1 :alien:

putter4-847.jpg

Screenshot%205_zpsvi5qfd1y.png

Screenshot%206_zps3zdv2eqg.png

the Tank cruiser V-line is such a good shape for that weight. I've always liked rolling the v-lines but never pulled the trigger on it.

I was just messing around, hence the :alien:

I know your info is correct.

I'm not too excited about this line. Love the Works insert, adjustable weights, and platinum/blue color scheme. Hate the Versa alignment. Also, as a 2-Ball user, I'm still not a fan of the 2-Ball Fang. I would rather see a more standard 2 ball head shape.

Any word of non-Versa models like they had last year? How about the head cover? Is there a pic?

I'm not too excited about this line. Love the Works insert, adjustable weights, and platinum/blue color scheme. Hate the Versa alignment. Also, as a 2-Ball user, I'm still not a fan of the 2-Ball Fang. I would rather see a more standard 2 ball head shape.

Any word of non-Versa models like they had last year? How about the head cover? Is there a pic?
I'm kind of in the same boat on the versa scheme. Honestly, I haven't tried it to see how well it works but I'd prefer to see just a black head with white alignment marks like the old TC line, but I'm willing to give versa a try because they say it works well and who am I to argue.

Doubt we see a non-versa option, they are all in on it and the Big-T alignment aids, and with their popularity its not surprising. Though I too would prefer an all black or all platinum offering.

No pics of the HC yet, but I will have a model in hand for review on Thursday.

That 2-ball Fang looks great (unfortunately for my wallet)! I wish I was coordinated enough to pick a ball up with that putter head. Small issue, I will roll that putter sometime in the near future.

putter4-847.jpg

That sole is awesome!

I love the 1 wide shape, and the tank on the sole, hate the plumbers neck though.

I love the look of the sole but I doubt I'd get rid of my #7 counterbalanced works.

Man, I've been eyeing that #1W a LOT.

Can these be special ordered when available? I really like the #7 but absolutely hate the blue Superstroke grip. I'd like a grip approximately a 3.0 in size in black/white but would prefer not to do it myself and would like it to come from odyssey that way (just a touch of OCD). Can this be done?

Man, I've been eyeing that #1W a LOT.

Me too. So much that I putted with my Black Design Tour Series 1W for a while upstairs

Very 'meh' for me. The Versa scheme just takes away from every putter they put it on, IMO.

Back