Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser Putters - THP Review Thread

I was able to get out and play 18 after work today. A few thoughts from my round:

- I have it set up right now with the 15gm weights in the head and the 30gm weight in the grip. Anytime the 30gm weights are in the grip this provides the highest balance point & something I like because it helps stabilize my putting stroke. With the 15gm weights in the head it's supposed to be mid weight in feel, but this is still too light for me. I went back and looked at my other setups that had interchangeable weights and I had the 20gm weights in. I'm going to put those in and see I that gives me the head weight feel i'm used to.

- Setting up the VLine is pretty straight forward. I find myself utilizing alignment aide similar to the way I used the Big T alignment on my #5. It's making my putts inside of 6-7 feet automatic and the more I putt with it, i'm nailing down my lag putting on longer putts

- Although i'm a SuperStoke guy, this grip is in my head. I'm not sure why, but at 35" I feel like the grip is too long. Something that I quickly get over, but worth mentioning. All in all I adore the set up with the grip and it's a 2.0 SS so i'm used to it.

- I had 32 putts today and a few that burned the edge or stopped short of the hole. 32 putts is about what I have been averaging per round so it's good to see that continue even though I switched head shapes

- The RX Fusion insert is hands down my favorite that Odyssey has put out. It just gets the ball rolling forward instantly and the ball holds its intended line with a good stroke.

All in all I think I will need a few more rounds to get this one dialed in, but early returns are positive and i'm looking forward to rolling this one long term.

Nice write up Mike! I have been wondering about that insert. It sounds like you are zeroing in on a 30 putt round man!

JM

Mike, do you think it was more the weight, or the works insert that took more getting used to (in terms of lag putting)?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Mike, do you think it was more the weight, or the works insert that took more getting used to (in terms of lag putting)?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

for me I always need more weight. I like my putters to be in the 370-380 range. I'm not sure what the total head weight adding the 20gm weights gets that to, but it feels like my other putters where I've added tungsten weights to.

The insert IMO might take some time to get used to depending on the putter you are coming from, but IMO a few rounds or practice sessions should get it dialed in

Had a solid around putting today for only being the second 18 with this putter. Went back to the stock setup with 15 g weights in the bottom and 15 g weight in the grip. Distance control was really solid today. Had a few up-and-down one putt saves, the highlight of that one being a 20footer for a par save. Ended the round with a 9ft 2putt birdie.

This is also the first time rolling a #7 shape as well and it took some getting used to but I've been spending some time off the course this week. Think I'm starting get it dialed in. I think the tanks cruiser with the sightlines on the two flanges would be amazing. It would help alignment just that much more. Similar to what last year's #7 tank lines looked like but with Versa incorporated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ill ask my question here as well...

What weight setup are you guys running and why?

Im with two 20g in the head and the 30g in the butt end. Trying to decide if I want to change it up and go lighter in the grip end or not.

Ill ask my question here as well...

What weight setup are you guys running and why?

Im with two 20g in the head and the 30g in the butt end. Trying to decide if I want to change it up and go lighter in the grip end or not.

From the odyssey thread:

I go 30 in the grip bc as I understand it, it brings the balance point up higher, which for me helps stabilize my stroke.

I throw the 20 in the head to get that heavier feel and have added about 16more gms of tungsten a weight to get the weight where I like it.

I know the manual mentions faster/slower greens for set up, but that's the least of my worries as I can control pace pretty good.

I started like you and weight full 20g in the head and 30g in my the grip. Then I listened to the Callaway podcast and heard that more than 80% of people they fit into the tank cruiser go with 15g weights in the head and grip. I then switch to that setup and it was great. My last round with the tank cruiser, greens were real slow and was having trouble getting the ball to the hole. So after the turn I just put the 20g weights in the head but keep the 15g in the grip and it was perfect for those slow greens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been playing 20g's in each of the head weights, and 30g in the grip. It works for me, feels like I can really control it with so much weight.

Having had this one in the bag for a few weeks now, I have loved it.

However, I have played some S L O W greens lately, so tomorrow, with some faster greens being played, the #7 will be put to the test.

Another round with the Works Tank Cruiser 7 in the bag and another round where I'm reminded how perfect it is for me.

Lag putting is perfect, I'm automatic on short putts, and the ability to drain some longer ones in the 15 foot range is awesome.

The heavy weights in the head are just perfectly complimented by the heavy weights in the grip.

I really hope Odyssey continues the cruiser line on, it's just an awesome line of putters that are super customizable.

The only thing I do not like is the longer stock SS grip. I would great prefer it to be of standard length.

Another round with the Works Tank Cruiser 7 in the bag and another round where I'm reminded how perfect it is for me.

Lag putting is perfect, I'm automatic on short putts, and the ability to drain some longer ones in the 15 foot range is awesome.

The heavy weights in the head are just perfectly complimented by the heavy weights in the grip.

I really hope Odyssey continues the cruiser line on, it's just an awesome line of putters that are super customizable.

The only thing I do not like is the longer stock SS grip. I would great prefer it to be of standard length.

The counter balance is just so nice. I'm with you, I hope they stay with this line

I rolled the tank #1 yesterday and enjoyed that feel as well. But the counter balanced putter just gives me a bit more feel.

The counter balance is just so nice. I'm with you, I hope they stay with this line

I rolled the tank #1 yesterday and enjoyed that feel as well. But the counter balanced putter just gives me a bit more feel.

Yes sir, the counter balance is just done so well. I swear it basically forces a smooth pendulum stroke for me.

I think the cruiser part of these, the adjustability is so nice, gives you great options to tweak.

I think the cruiser part of these, the adjustability is so nice, gives you great options to tweak.

Yep. Options to tweak is what I love about these. Let's you really focus on what weighting works for each golfer.

Yes sir, the counter balance is just done so well. I swear it basically forces a smooth pendulum stroke for me.

I'm thinking of putting a new SS counter core grip in on my VLine TC. I like the stock grip, but the length messes with my head. I want a more conventional length grip

I'm thinking of putting a new SS counter core grip in on my VLine TC. I like the stock grip, but the length messes with my head. I want a more conventional length grip

That's the exact grip I'm pondering for mine.

The counter balance I bought is the long grip that I have fallen in love with.

The counter balance I bought is the long grip that I have fallen in love with.

Ah, ok.

I want one of the new shorter counter core ones.

Back