** KBS Shafts Official Thread **

Thanks. I'll have to take a trip to PGA. I had a pretty bad experience at GS and boycott them, which is unfortunate because they're pretty close.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Thank you for the question!

The stiff ss once and the regular hs once will be very close. The stiff will be slightly stiffer. The ball flight and spin should be the same. Consider what weight would fit your swing best, and also what flex you are closer to.

Yes, iron shafts only come with red labels.

I don't always spine align, but when I do it is at 3 o'clock. Both are popular tho.

Thanks again,
Conrad

Great Thread KBS. Could I ask you a few quick questions.
What is the difference in frequency between the KBS tour custom white stiff ss once and the KBS tour custom white regular hs once?
Also are the iron shafts only avaliable with a red label
And one last thing could you give any advice on where to place the spine of the shaft once I find it (9 o'clock vs 3 o'clock) for a right hand golfer.

Cheers

Great to hear!

Conrad, Thanks. Have been able to get out and play the last couple of weeks. You are spot on. They are defiantly much smoother than the DG shafts I have used for years. The club and shaft change has netted me 11 more per iron with a much tighter dispersion. thanks for a great product.

Thanks for the question and giving KBS a shot! Our flex changes with weight. The 120g will be our stiff, the 130g is our X flex. If the fitter just said stiff flex and not the weight, you should go with the 120g Stiff. That is our most popular shaft!

Thanks
Conrad

Hi Conrad,
I got fitted for Mizuno MP54 irons at a Demo Day event and the suggestion was "KBS Tour Stiff" or "XP 105 Stiff" for the shafts.
I want the KBS shaft and am unsure about which KBS weight would be best.
The fitter never said which weight shaft would be best for me. Should he have? Is there a stock KBS shaft that you (KBS) sell to Mizuno?
I see people on the forum that have Mizuno MP54 irons with different KBS weighted Shafts. 120g? 130g? Would 130 be too heavy?
Trying to figure it all out so I get the right shaft.
Thanks for your help.
Tim

Try D'Lance Golf in south Denver, Gott Golf in east denver, Fossil Trace in west denver, and GolfTEC Boulder in Boulder.

Thanks for the question!

Conrad

Where can I get fitted for KBS shafts in Denver? I have heard nothing but great things about KBS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Hey Conrad, hope all is well buddy!

Any info on the Ctaper 90's we are seeing?

Interested in this also. Think I made a bad presumption that these were the same as the CTL which is obviously wrong because of the weight differential.

Interested in this also. Think I made a bad presumption that these were the same as the CTL which is obviously wrong because of the weight differential.

I need to find out more about them too. There may be something in my packets of info. Hitting them side by side with the tour 90, I couldn't see a noticeable difference in flight. Also they do not have that c taper finish to them.

Im crazy curious a bout the CTaper 90s. Interested to hear the difference between those and the Tour 90s

Im crazy curious a bout the CTaper 90s. Interested to hear the difference between those and the Tour 90s

I'm in that boat as well

Doing well man! How have you been?

The CT 90 is a shaft we only have at Taylormade and Adams. It is very similar to the C-TAPER LITE in performance, weight and feel, but with a chrome finish.

Thanks guys,
Conrad

Thank you Conrad, its very much appreciated.

Very interesting.

Thanks for the info Conrad.....but I'm still a sucker for the chrome finish!

And there u have it...thanks conrad

Question for the KBS guys:
Currently playing Mizuno JPX825 irons with Dynalite Gold XP and interested in KBS shafts for them. When I do the online fitting the response I get is for the KBS Tour V stiff which says 6 iron distance of 165-174. My 6 iron distance is more like 160-170 yards. Would the Tour V stiff still be the one to look for or would something in between the reg. and stiff. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

question I guess I should have asked before buying.....anyways, I bought a set of C-Taper stiff 120's for my TM R11 irons....will they fit when I take them to the golf shop to be installed?

They will have to be shimmed.

ok........most proshops should know what to do eh?

as I was recently fit into that same shaft, I've been looking for a .370 parallel version... this looks like one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-KBS-C-T...ubmaking_Products_US&var=&hash=item23397f3bd8

The fitter seemed to agree that shims were necessary, but given the listing above - are we 100% sure that KBS doesn't make a c-taper 120g in .370 parallel? I know it doens't really make much of a difference but I'm thinking of ordering these and if that option isn't a real option I definitely do not want to buy from this seller.

** KBS Shafts Official Thread **

They do make a parallel version, it's listed on their site.

Should be 125g though, likely a typo. Parallel versions are usually always a bit heavier than the taper counterparts

ahh gotcha. I think that ebay listing is a bit misleading... or misconfigured. It says stiff 120g, but the .370 125g is a regular flex. I was fit into the stiff 120g .355. I hadn't considered the parallel version being heavier for the same flex. I should have checked the KBS site. Thanks!

Back