Bobby Jones Black By Jesse Ortiz FW Wood Review

Those of you coming to Minneapolis are certainly welcome to try this out on the range, as well as the hybrid.

Has anyone had a chance to hit this and the Adams Tight Lies? If so is one easier to elevate and more forgiving than the other? Interested in both for off the deck mainly and I need all the help I can get! Thanks for any thoughts.

Has anyone had a chance to hit this and the Adams Tight Lies? If so is one easier to elevate and more forgiving than the other? Interested in both for off the deck mainly and I need all the help I can get! Thanks for any thoughts.

JB can probably talk about that. I've not hit both, but they are both sort of built for the same purpose imo.

JB can probably talk about that. I've not hit both, but they are both sort of built for the same purpose imo.

Yeah that is what I thought. By the way I don't say it often enough but great review and thanks for all the hard work you put in. It's the people that make THP what it is! Hopefully JB will have some thoughts on this.

Yeah that is what I thought. By the way I don't say it often enough but great review and thanks for all the hard work you put in. It's the people that make THP what it is! Hopefully JB will have some thoughts on this.

Thanks! Appreciate it!

i would be happy to give up some yards if this club gave me some better options from the fairway.

i would be happy to give up some yards if this club gave me some better options from the fairway.

Conveniently, I played a round with your 3w just the other day. While it's got some good things going on, both in height and distance compared to others, this one is easier for me to get up in the air. More forgiving on a heavy miss as well.

Great write-up.

Club is stunning. I'd be happy with just the headcover alone. Beautiful.

Conveniently, I played a round with your 3w just the other day. While it's got some good things going on, both in height and distance compared to others, this one is easier for me to get up in the air. More forgiving on a heavy miss as well.

Thanks Hawk i am lucky that you can make a direct comparison, the FL 17 with C Kua 59 has been one of the best 3 woods i've ever hit off the tee, so good i picked up a second. The thing is, off the fairway it's still a gamble for me. How would you describe the GD shaft in the Black?

Thanks Hawk i am lucky that you can make a direct comparison, the FL 17 with C Kua 59 has been one of the best 3 woods i've ever hit off the tee, so good i picked up a second. The thing is, off the fairway it's still a gamble for me. How would you describe the GD shaft in the Black?

It's just fine by me. Sort of forgettable I guess if that makes sense. I suspect it wouldn't be the first choice for guys that really have some real swing speed, but for normal golfers there's nothing about it that tells me it wouldn't work fine. Not overly stiff. I've got no intention of changing it going forward.

Graphite Design describes the G Series as a mid/mid profile, which probably explains why I like it. Similar to what I like in wood shafts in general.

GREAT review Ryan! Designed for consistency off the deck? Count me in! Definitely would like to try this bad boy, if I can ever get my hands on one...

That is a great looking wood there! Thanks for the thoughts Hawk! Can't wait to hear what others think once they buy it.

Looks great. I've been playing a Mashie 3W at 14*, and its super easy for me to hit off the deck. It beat out the 2013 3Ws I tried...

Has anyone played this who also played the mashie? Is it comparable?

Looks great. I've been playing a Mashie 3W at 14*, and its super easy for me to hit off the deck. It beat out the 2013 3Ws I tried...

Has anyone played this who also played the mashie? Is it comparable?

I've played all four Mashie Fairways at one point in time and this one (while sharing a railed sole) is pretty different and better off the turf. Much lower profile and the weighting really is designed to get the ball flying.

Nice review.

Does the headcover stay on securely or slip off?

Solid headcover. No issues there.

Hawk, that was extremely well set up and executed. Clean, to the point, and packed with great info. These have had my eye since the show and the feedback you have given on their performance backs up the excitement that surrounded them there. Versatility off the deck and easy launch. Yes please.

No exaggeration. I just saw my instructor stamp a ball down in 2.5 inch spring rough and he cleared the 215 flag on the fly with this thing. Nobody believes until they try it.

Well, damn that's impressive.

No exaggeration. I just saw my instructor stamp a ball down in 2.5 inch spring rough and he cleared the 215 flag on the fly with this thing. Nobody believes until they try it.

Holy cow man!!!! Did you do the samething after he did it?

I need one post MC.

I will have one of these in my bag without a doubt soon.

This club and the truffle fries at Manny's are two of the things I am looking forward to most about the MSP outing.

This club and the truffle fries at Manny's are two of the things I am looking forward to most about the MSP outing.

Oh my...Truffle Fries there are divine.

Wow sign me up

Back