Worst Practice Swing Ever?

you should show the man how beautiful a practice swing can be.

Not exactly what I had in mind when I said someone needs to get a ball in the way

Oh my Jeebus, that would SUCK.

Note to self: follow 90* rule with practice swings...

this is hilarious. Feel awful for that guy. The look on both of their faces is priceless.

Hilarious.

Whats the ruling on it though? Stroke penalty? There was no intent to hit the ball.

Once you're off of the teeing area, that doesn't pertain. 1 stroke penalty and he has to replace the ball back towards to original position.

I've done something like that when putting. I took some ghost swings right next to the ball and accidentally tapped it with the toe of my putter.

I do this with my putter every so often. Usually when the wheels are falling off.

I've done a lot of stupid stuff on a golf course but not THAT!!

90 degree practice swing rule. So what if you take a divot that hits your playing partner in the face. What do you yell then? Fore? No. Incoming? Duck?

90 degree practice swing rule. So what if you take a divot that hits your playing partner in the face. What do you yell then? Fore? No. Incoming? Duck?
Gotcha..............

Man that sucks lol

Wow lol that dude is so unlucky! Ive accidentally hit the ball during a practice swing but never like that haha

Ouch!!!

That was surprising. Bet he won't do that a second time.

I've seen this before. Ouch. And not the worst I've seen even out of myself.

On the bright side, he kept his head still...:banghead:

Love the caddies reaction, Like dam what did you do that for .

Didn't that happen to Justin Rose a few years ago?
And FWIW the divot had a nice draw to it.

Didn't that happen to Justin Rose a few years ago?
And FWIW the divot had a nice draw to it.
Lmao - what's he thinking that close to his ball!?!?

Ive seen that before and every time is so funny, unless it happens to you.

The way the divot of grass rolls like a wheel is funny, too.

I did this in a tournament before and felt soooo stupid. The ruling is 1 stroke for inadvertently moving a ball at rest, place the ball exactly where it was and play on.

I happened to drop the ball where it was since I'm not up on all the rules and got an additional 2 strokes for "improper procedure" en route to a 7th place finish. It hurt.

Several years ago, my brother was warming up on the first tee with his driver while we waited for our turn. We were paired with another twosome that we did not know.
It was a wet day and as he took a big practice swing, he caught the turf and a big wet divot came out and hit one of the other guys, dirt side down right in the back of his neck.
Talk about embarrassed!

I've seen that before, still sucks. That's why I usually don't take a practice swing near the ball like that. You never know.

Looks like someday had a case of the mondays!!!
uh-oh-sounds.jpg

To be fair, it takes some ability to get your divot to hit your ball. Yeah, there will be these kind of days....

Back