Bridgestone J815 and G30 LS TEC side by side pictures

kuyaariel

Reaction score
Handicap
My Bridgestone came in the other day so I'm selling the Ping. Before I sell I took a few picks of the side by side. Here they are. Just curious, which would you prefer?

20151024_203051_zpsvslcqafi.jpg

20151024_203149_zps9mnxxu8e.jpg

20151024_203314_zpsag5eo9zo.jpg

prefer the ping aesthetics. I think the bstone graphics were a massive miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G30 by a mile

J815 and its not close, Ive also hit them both and j815 easily was better for me

I lost interest in Bridgestone as a brand because of this driver. I can't believe the same company that released the j40 line released this ugly thing, there are so many great drivers now, why buy one that makes me embarrassed to take off the headcover, and I thought TM released ugly clubs HA was I wrong. I used to have an all Bridgestone bag. No more that's ok the new j15 line was a disaspointment and made me look elsewhere and I now play the awesome cobra drivers and srixon irons.

I lost interest in Bridgestone as a brand because of this driver. I can't believe the same company that released the j40 line released this ugly thing, there are so many great drivers now, why buy one that makes me embarrassed to take off the headcover, and I thought TM released ugly clubs HA was I wrong. I used to have an all Bridgestone bag. No more that's ok the new j15 line was a disaspointment and made me look elsewhere and I now play the awesome cobra drivers and srixon irons.

thats is what makes the current market so great right now lots of options for everyone. A bunch of THPers were very happy with the j15 line and even this driver the add in the 8 guys who received a full bag of Bridgestone at THPLegacy who all got clubs that worked for them.

On looks only, the Ping by a mile.

J815 easily.

If we're going by looks, it's the G30. But I can't hit it worth a crap, and I can smoke the J815 so I know which one I'd pick!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I will say the 815 is atrocious, unless you like robots.

But I've hit it with a completely wrong-for-me shaft and it still bombed it out there. Today, I will be testing one with a shaft I like.
I've not hit the G30 more than one single time. But yeah, it's prettier.

If I like this 815 a ton after today, I may have to look into refinishing or one of those vinyl covers.

I will say the 815 is atrocious, unless you like robots.

But I've hit it with a completely wrong-for-me shaft and it still bombed it out there. Today, I will be testing one with a shaft I like.
I've not hit the G30 more than one single time. But yeah, it's prettier.

If I like this 815 a ton after today, I may have to look into refinishing or one of those vinyl covers.

with the right shaft you could do damage with the j815. Looking forward to your thoughts from today

No way I could stand to look down on the 815. What in the world were they thinking? It looks like they glued R2-D2 to the end of the shaft.

I get grief for my J815 driver and have had those same people who complain about the looks hit my driver. They have actually hit it better than their driver but still will not play the driver due to looks.

My question is are people playing golf to lower their scores or to be so vain, they won't play something that doesn't look like their grandfather's driver.

Companies like Continental Golf will even paint the head black for those that can't see the forest for the trees. Lol

If we were going on looks alone then it would have to be the Ping

As I have not hit either then I can't comment on performance and which I would pick based on that

Definitely the G30. The Bridgestone is way to flashy and busy for my eye.

Based on looks alone, the G30 in a landslide. I have not spent time with either so I can't speak to them from a performance standpoint. I can say that I would not even consider buying the J815 because of the crown graphics. Simple and plain is how I prefer my clubs.

Having spent time with both and reviewed one, 815 by a mile.

Have spent a lot of time with the G30 and love it, for the performance. Have hit the 815 - I can get past the looks (I play a G30 for crying out loud), but it's not as good for my swing as the Ping.

True story, I was playing a few weeks ago at what I'll call a more traditional club. I'm on the first tee with the J815 and one of the members remarked on how 'beautiful' the driver was. So the looks are appealing to at least two people, me and that guy.

I don't follow Bridgestone golf equipment as nobody around here sells their gear. My first question was going to be who refinished that Driver cause it's hideous. Seriously that reminds me of something Wilson would put out in their Walmart or Dicks lineup (not Wilson Staff). Yikes.
Glad it works for ya though. Based on the looks I'd never even pick it up

Glad it works for ya though. Based on the looks I'd never even pick it up

That's a shame, as it's one of the longest most forgiving drivers on the market. I'd at least give it a few swings and check it out if you have the chance. Who knows, the looks may stop mattering as much if you get terrific results.

I haven't been paying much attention to equipment releases - I cannot believe that is how the 815 looks. I have no good words.

Love my J815. Best driver i have ever owned. Honestly I have said it once and I will say it again, the aesthetics of the J815 is all mental. I said the same thing but once I got to demoed it, it became a non issue.

I have hit both, extensively (but not Jman extensively).
I searched out and bought the J815 driver. I hit it great! I love the performance. I have been jonesing over this driver since I first hit it in FL back in January, finally found one with a good shaft.
I hit the Ping, I love Ping, they are local to me, but I do not own the G30.

If you cannot get over the looks of this driver, you are doing your golf game a disservice, and I feel bad for you.

Back