Bridgestone J815 and G30 LS TEC side by side pictures

It's a funny thing with this driver. I am hitting longer and more accurate than ever. My J715 is a close second. And I do mean real close. When I hold the two together, I do wonder what this driver would look like if it was painted black. And almost every time I decide to send it off to get repainted, a stranger will come up to me and comment on how good it looks. I then realize how the graphics actually help square the face again. Then I remember that I have a Pink Ping driver that I use to play and enjoy being different.

I took the question to be based purely on the looks. if performance is a question, then I would say while I haven't hit the 815, I think it would be miles better than the g30. g30 was a fairway finder for me in stock r flex, but it was very short. I think 815 would be a high bomb machine. even if it looks atrocious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping for me. I love the look of the matte black crown. As far as performance I have never hit the bridgestone, but my g30 is the straightest driver I have ever hit.

Having spent time with both and reviewed one, 815 by a mile.
Just finished my first test round. 86% FIR. Two thirds of the drives on this course are uphill and my average was 236 yards. A shaft change, some more level shots, and less humidity and who knows what it could have been. I was only hitting my optiforce that far too but nowhere near 86 percent. And I do think the Voltron face helps with alignment. Tried it with a kai'li shaft today. Might try an atx blue.

tapt

I love the looks and the performance of the 815, I questioned the graphics on the crown when I first saw them but the grow on you quick after bombing the driver. And as funny as it may seem to say they fade to a subtle alignment aid after a couple of swings.

I like the looks of both of them a lot so my decision is based on the shape and the Bstone would make it to my bag over the G30.

looks like most prefer the ping's looks. Turbulators!

I like the matte color finish on the Ping, but I like the shape of the J815. Though the color and graphics are a bit much on the J815, I'd still choose that.

Would go with whatever I hit better.

I'm not in the anti J815 looks camp though, It's different and a cool different IMO... I also game the blue bio cell by cobra though...

I test drove the 815 for a month. I liked the graphics and the distance but I could not get over the sound. It was one of the more unique sounds I have heard off a driver....real tinny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we're going by looks, it's the G30. But I can't hit it worth a crap, and I can smoke the J815 so I know which one I'd pick!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
I am with you, people have said the G30 is the most forgiving driver out there, but I really dont get a long with it.

I am with you, people have said the G30 is the most forgiving driver out there, but I really dont get a long with it.
I know it got rave reviews, but I didn't get along with the entire line either for some reason. Plus I hate the sound.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I took the Bridgestone to the range a few days ago. I think we are going to get along great. Never thought I would like a 12*, but the results are what they are. Getting rid of the G30. Anyone interested let me know!

I don't like the looks of either one. I would prefer the one that performed better for me.

I just noticed that in Japan you can purchase a white version of the 815. What the heck? Why did they not bring that out here in USA? Bridgestone I don't get you guys at all anymore. You lost me as a customer

I prefer the look of the Ping, but if the Bridgestone outperformed it, I'd game it.

I just noticed that in Japan you can purchase a white version of the 815. What the heck? Why did they not bring that out here in USA? Bridgestone I don't get you guys at all anymore. You lost me as a customer

Because of one drivers color choice? Doesn't take much apparently.

I found a picture a while back of several color options for the J815. I think it was at some sort of trade show because they were in a display case.

I found a picture a while back of several color options for the J815. I think it was at some sort of trade show because they were in a display case.
Check Rakuten. They're on there.

Late to the party here as I stumbled on this thread.... I have heard a lot of great things about the 815 but damn, that thing is too ugly for me. Glad you guys gaming it can put that aside but I'm one who would not game that on looks alone even if it were better than my G30. It took me a while to get used to the turbulators, but there is just too much going on on that crown. The 715 is beautiful and like someone stated earlier it was really close in performance to the 815. I wouldn't even think twice, 715 it is... And I am a HUGE Bridgestone fan, loved the J40 line as a whole, that was a beautiful driver as well.

Looks like Optimus Prime turned into a driver. But I'll go with whatever works better. I've tried the G30 but not the LS Tech version. I have yet to see the 815 in these parts.

Back