Need a new cart bag

TripleBogieTim

Long lost sheep
Reaction score
Handicap
my swing
It's time to retire my staffers and get a new cart bag.....I don't need or want a stand bag, if I walk I use a clicgear.

I want 14 way dividers, putter well, plenty of storage, and dont want to break the bank.

Suggestions?

Simple, Sun Mountain C130!! Haha ok there's lots of awesome bags but I absolutely love the c130. It has everything I could ever need and the layout is great. Has everything you want and a cooler pocket which I love. The way the pockets are laid out to be easily accessible on the cart I also really enjoy. Highly recommend one, here's a video Tim

http://vimeo.com/m/61887528

Bennington with the QO-12 system--best bag I have ever owned, 0 chatter and just tons of room.

Edit: checked the site and they have a new QO-14 also. http://www.benningtongolf.com/

They are not cheap, but the quality here is worth it--it will be around for years.

I love my Sun Mountain Four Five....14 way dividers, and with only the essential in it its light enough to carry (which I started doing this season)

I bought my wife this one from Bag Boy (Revolver) The top rotates so you can find any of the clubs quite easily.

She loves it.
Bag Boy Revolver LE Cart Bag
New 14-way rotating top with Clip-Lok technology to lock clubs into place.
9 total pockets provide ample storage including a fleece lined valuables pocket with an internal key clip and removable insulated cooler pocket.
Two external putter tubes with secure putter clips.

Bag-Boy-Revolver-LE-Cart-Bag-0.jpg

I have a Sun Mountain Sync I'm not using Tim. Only has about 6 rounds on it. Had it Hilton Head and Lake Charles which were the only times I've ever used it. It's Navy and looks great on that Arctic/Lime Green clicgear. :D

Here is the link to it on Sun Mountain's website: http://www.sunmountain.com/sync-4934-detail

There's absolutely nothing wrong with it, and I like it fine, but I just happen to prefer a stand bag (and have 4 of those already). I was getting ready to throw it up on the Bay this weekend, so let me know if you're interested and we'll work something out. No shipping problems this time either!

My current bag is a Taylormade Catalina, which I'm very happy with. I'm also impressed with the Ping Pioneer and the SunMountain C130.

Simple, Sun Mountain C130!! Haha ok there's lots of awesome bags but I absolutely love the c130. It has everything I could ever need and the layout is great. Has everything you want and a cooler pocket which I love. The way the pockets are laid out to be easily accessible on the cart I also really enjoy. Highly recommend one, here's a video Tim

http://vimeo.com/m/61887528

I agree with this, I have used my C130 longer than any bag. I usually wear one out in about a year so I am quite happy that my c130 already has over a year and a half and is still going strong.

I have only owned one cart bag and it was the Ping Pioneer. I liked it but just came to the realization that I don't need a cart bag. I think some of the Nike stuff is worth checking out as well if you want o keep the price down.

I am really enjoying the Ogio chamber cart bag. It has everything you are looking for except a putter well. The slot for a putter is larger than all the others to accommodate a larger grip so it will probably work for you. Each club will be held tightly in place so they will never rattle against each other which is just awesome.

The other day there was one up in the marketplace. Someone decided to walk this season and they were letting one go for a third world rate that you just can't beat! I think the bag was almost brand new as well.

I'm a fan of my Nike Performance cart bag. Has all the things you are looking for and has been a great bag for me. My favorite part is the square bottom that doesn't let the bag twist when on a push cart.

I've got a used C-130 I'm thinking about throwing on the Marketplace, if you're looking for a new cart bag. I've had it since December and it's in really great shape. I love it, but I'm looking to go back to a stand bag.

I'm a fan of my Nike Performance cart bag. Has all the things you are looking for and has been a great bag for me. My favorite part is the square bottom that doesn't let the bag twist when on a push cart.

+1 on the Nike Performance II. Plenty of pockets, big cooler pocket, well laid out. I have had most of the big cart bags (Ogio Chamber; BagBoy Revolver; Ping Pioneer; SunMountain C-130). The Performance II has a smaller footprint and all the functionality. Good on push cart and riding cart.

I own a Burton Apex Executive Cart Bag. 14 way full length dividers. 14 pockets including a magnetic ball pocket. Putter well, cooler pocket with drainage, valuables pocket. it has everything. I swear by it, but since they don't make them anymore, it is HARD to find on the bay. I think there has been 2 on the bay all year. If my clubs ever got stolen, I would be more upset that they got my bag because it's so hard to find.

Otherwise I like to Ogio Chamber if you don't feel like bag hunting.

I am really enjoying the Ogio chamber cart bag. It has everything you are looking for except a putter well. The slot for a putter is larger than all the others to accommodate a larger grip so it will probably work for you. Each club will be held tightly in place so they will never rattle against each other which is just awesome.

The other day there was one up in the marketplace. Someone decided to walk this season and they were letting one go for a third world rate that you just can't beat! I think the bag was almost brand new as well.

As a former Chamber owner, the only thing to be aware off here is that it does wear pretty quick compared to other bags. It also tears up the softer grips--ripped through some Dry tac's after just a couple of weeks of use. It does a good job of keeping clubs in place, but oversized grips rub bad and eventually it will either wear the grip or the rubber. The whole reason I got the chamber was to prevent bag chatter and club wear without using head covers--it does do that. My friend showed up with a Bennington bag with the QO-12 system that everything holds into place and it has a nice slot for the clubhead to rest safely and plenty of room to slide the club down--I was sold that instant and ordered my own.
pics
Spoiler

attachment.php

attachment.php

Loaded and unloaded

[url]http://vimeo.com/m/61887528 [/URL]

If I was not insistent on avoiding head-covers, I would like this bag as an option--have seen many use it and it has a ton of space.

If I was not insistent on avoiding head-covers, I would like this bag as an option--have seen many use it and it has a ton of space.

Im not sure what you mean about the headcovers haha can you clarify? Sorry if it's obvious

Im not sure what you mean about the headcovers haha can you clarify? Sorry if it's obvious

No worries--I don't like any bag noise or club heads hitting together (getting banged up or damaged)--so I would either opt for a bag like the c-130 and use headcovers on all clubs, or use the Bennington. I typically travel with a basic stand bag and either use headcovers or just deal with it for that trip :)

No worries--I don't like any bag noise or club heads hitting together (getting banged up or damaged)--so I would either opt for a bag like the c-130 and use headcovers on all clubs, or use the Bennington. I typically travel with a basic stand bag and either use headcovers or just deal with it for that trip :)

Ah gotcha, makes sense. Ill say that I haven't seen any premature wear on my speedblades yet but they do clunk around. I don't usually notice anymore tho, probably too caught up in my round haha. Its the sound of metal woods that gets me but I always have covers on those.

Another vote for the Nike Performance II. Smaller footprint than the bigger cart bags with all the functionality. A couple of larger apparel pockets and good size insulated cooler pocket. I have had most the bags mentioned (BagBoy Revolver; Ogio Chamber; Sun Mountain C-130; Ping Pioneer) and this one sits well on push or riding cart. Second Choice is Ping Traverse. Cooler pocket not very big.

Ah gotcha, makes sense. Ill say that I haven't seen any premature wear on my speedblades yet but they do clunk around. I don't usually notice anymore tho, probably too caught up in my round haha. Its the sound of metal woods that gets me but I always have covers on those.
Yeah some of us are weird that way--I know I am :alien: I find it very helpful to have any type of bag where the club has its own spot--I never leave a wedge behind, because I see the hole there when I put the putter back!

Yeah some of us are weird that way--I know I am :alien: I find it very helpful to have any type of bag where the club has its own spot--I never leave a wedge behind, because I see the hole there when I put the putter back!

Oh absolutely, I'm the same way. I have to put them in the same slot every time and I notice right away if one is empty or out of place haha.

My wife got me a Nike E9 cart bag in November. 14 way divider, putter well & more storage than I have stuff.
Just a thought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back