The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to take a week off, I've been really grinding trying to groove the new moves and I think I've gotten to a point where I feel like I'm not going forward.

I'm going to take a week off, I've been really grinding trying to groove the new moves and I think I've gotten to a point where I feel like I'm not going forward.

Is it a case of to much grinding? And forgetting to stop and enjoy yourself? Step back and smell the roses buddy!

Is it a case of to much grinding? And forgetting to stop and enjoy yourself? Step back and smell the roses buddy!

Yup that's exactly it dude, I'm stepping back to go forward lol. Thanks Kevin.

I'm sure your game is ready! Based on what I've read, and what I know about you. I'm
Positive you'll be a force to recon with in July.

Taking the 3-4 days off from full swinging was the best thing for me. I still rolled putts and hit a few chips, but hitting that reset button did wonders.

That's where I kinda am right now. Just working on some putting in the basement and some short pitch and chip shots.
Taking the 3-4 days off from full swinging was the best thing for me. I still rolled putts and hit a few chips, but hitting that reset button did wonders.

17632F46-BE4E-4EFA-BC20-B9BE7150EC7C.png
[/URL][/IMG]i think I'm done, thank you lee/ Diz / moe hogan / Grady / Bradley H/ Monty/ Iteach / rick smith / and great one Doug . All I need to do is practice , work on different ball flights .. Short game .. And just have fun playing .. This is and was always it .. The moment of truth . 4 years of online golf , pointing fingers .. The finger is back at me . Nirvana . Many many thanks online world and Hackers Paradise . I still want to be me and joke on the fun forums , love that .. Makes my day . I will keep it clean , or just ban myself . Have a wonderful season and seasons guys .

I'm so confused.

Took videos my last time out, and I still had some hip sway. So today my only thought was "start with left shoulder, turn into a braced right leg".

Holy cow, what a difference.

Irons were crisp and if they weren't straight, they were baby draws. Stopping the sway completely eliminated my usual fade. I was in shock. If I caught it thin, flight was lower and about 10 yards shorter, but still straight.

Everything was great until I got to my driver, which was of course terrible since irons were great. Nothing went more than 200 and I blocked a bunch to the right.

Oh well, I'm still encouraged and happy! Let's see if I can pull it off again.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Glad to hear you are getting back on track! Keep up the hardwork!

Went to the range today at lunch. Trying to get my consistency back. Plus been working on drawing the ball with my driver. With more work I should have it down. Gonna be hitting range almost every day till Indy next weekend.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

tried to use the trainer grip at the range hit 10 balls with it 10 without hated the feel of the weaker grip.... hurt my hands and didn't feel right. so i stopped worked on coming from the inside and was hitting some great iron and hybrid shots still torn about how to go about changing this grip or just say screw it and accept this is where i will be it just feels so weird at least i had a good range session even if its not what i originally went to work on and fix.

Once you know your acceleration / slam point .. It is green light to go. Swing as hard as you want go .. No holding back go. Ball is gone you are still accelerate / slam . My right toe / fascia were big .. COG helps too . But find your acceleration point . Don't lose the race/ win the race .

tried to use the trainer grip at the range hit 10 balls with it 10 without hated the feel of the weaker grip.... hurt my hands and didn't feel right. so i stopped worked on coming from the inside and was hitting some great iron and hybrid shots still torn about how to go about changing this grip or just say screw it and accept this is where i will be it just feels so weird at least i had a good range session even if its not what i originally went to work on and fix.

How long have you been working on the new grip Buck? I made the most subtle change to my grip this winter. Instead of having my right thumb on top of the grip as you look down at your hands, I wrapped it around the grip more, and even a little thing like that felt weird for a long time.

I'm trying to ingrain a grip change myself and it isn't easy. Keep plugging away and things get easier...but it'll feel weird for quite a while.

Learning to work the ball on the range has really been going well. Starting to really translate to the course. Hit 10/14 FIR yesterday. I'm really feeling comfortable and confident off the tee. Only issue is when I get too aggressive with my swing. Next focus is on my wedge and greenside game from 75yds and in.

9FEB8BF6-5C56-4B26-A4E1-B3115663970A.png
[/URL][/IMG]push draw. Cog good and and shaft pressures counter wound ... Pull gone .. Swing as hard as she wants it baby .. "Ride captain ride on that mystery ship ". I knew I was close .. Accelerate slam spot .. And go go gadget

Headed to the range tonight, hopefully I can take some video and analyze why I'm so bad. :)

The work payed off today!! Even though tho we got rained out after 9 I didn't have any 3 putts on the front. For me lately that's fantastic! Had 15 putts with a few left inches short so overall I'm stoked. My short game was 10x better today. I've just gotta continue to work on it but lately the less time on driver and long clubs and more from 100 and in has really helped me.

One of hardest goofiest games in the universe..and we all picked this one. Time for left over pizza and moe the lawn .

The THP Range/Practice Thread

I took what could be a monumental step in the improvement of my game today. After working with the same instructor for 3 years (he's also a friend) I made a change. I just felt I wasn't getting what he tried to communicate to me. We'll continue to be friends. I'll just work on my game elsewhere.

The first lesson today with Marc showed unbelievable improvement in just about an hour and half. At the beginning of the session I couldn't even hit quality 50 yard shots.

We worked on two drills then I hit 100 balls with a 7 iron starting out trying to hit them only 50 yards, by the end we had worked up to about 80 to 90 yards. The sound, feel and look of the shot was something I've rarely been able to achieve in the past.

I'll continue to work on these partial swings for at least two more range sessions before playing again.

The 3 simple things he had me work on.
1) alignment using alignment sticks
2) takeaway. I was pushing the club away from my body with my hands instead of turning with my shoulder.
3) had me take shorter slower swings to stay down and through the ball. Instead of standing up and hitting the ball.

I realize it will take a lot of work to ingrain these moves and of course a couple times my old faults would appear. But is say at least 80% of the shots I accomplished all three items.

Last edited:
I feel like I'm so freaking close. I was making center face contact all day at the range today but not consistently getting good ball flight. I'm still losing some to the left but it's getting much better. My grip has always been pretty strong and I think that is hurting me. I weakened my grip a little bit and started seeing a straighter ball flight. I still have some issues but it's getting there.

I feel like I'm so freaking close. I was making center face contact all day at the range today but not consistently getting good ball flight. I'm still losing some to the left but it's getting much better. My grip has always been pretty strong and I think that is hurting me. I weakened my grip a little bit and started seeing a straighter ball flight. I still have some issues but it's getting there.

I can't wait to see the changes dude, we need to hook up at the beach for a round soon along with some others that are local, it would be fun to have a nice range session together.

I can't wait to see the changes dude, we need to hook up at the beach for a round soon along with some others that are local, it would be fun to have a nice range session together.

I would love to make this happen man. I'm swamped for the next couple of weeks but after mid June I will have a little bit more time. Jeff/John and I have been talking about getting together for a round as well. You guys will each have to give me 15 strokes though:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back