Callaway X2 Hot Driver Preview

This is a beast for me. This will be my gamer at the MC 9*

Same here. Rocking it at 10.5°, and just killing it. Middle of the face just sounds and feels so good. Such a stable, tremendous driver!

Same here. Rocking it at 10.5°, and just killing it. Middle of the face just sounds and feels so good. Such a stable, tremendous driver!

I am really happy with this club. Shocked how well I hit it to be perfectly honest.

I am really happy with this club. Shocked how well I hit it to be perfectly honest.

Was talking to JB about this one yesterday as I play last year's model. Did you game it at all, seeing any big differences if so?

Was talking to JB about this one yesterday as I play last year's model. Did you game it at all, seeing any big differences if so?

Yes I gamed that one for a small while. I think the shaft is making a big difference for me. But in the FW's for example I added 8 yards per club vs my current Xhots.

Yes I gamed that one for a small while. I think the shaft is making a big difference for me. But in the FW's for example I added 8 yards per club vs my current Xhots.

Yeah I'd like to try the drivers side by side out of curiosity and see what kind of differences I see.

Any lefties out there pondering this driver, I'll move mine cheap! Really enjoyed my time with this driver.

Yeah I'd like to try the drivers side by side out of curiosity and see what kind of differences I see.

Myself and Mark at the AA were pretty blown away with the side by side in the FWs. I would like to see some numbers for you on this too.

I got an XHot 4 wood about to go in the bag, will be interesting to see side by side numbers. I will say that, off the deck, the X2Hot might be one of the easiest long clubs I've ever worked with in terms of getting it up in the air.

Well, I've gotten my X2 Hot out on the course a few times now. All I can say is, wow. I don't know what it is, if it's the technology, the material, or just psychological, but this is the first time in a while where changing a club has completely transformed my game. I have it set at +1 Draw and I hit long, straight drives nearly every time. When I screw up, it's things like snap hooks because I am still used to over compensating for a slice plane. I am so glad that the guy at Golfsmith had me try this one out. It is definitely my gamer for this year...and maybe many more to come!

Well, I've gotten my X2 Hot out on the course a few times now. All I can say is, wow. I don't know what it is, if it's the technology, the material, or just psychological, but this is the first time in a while where changing a club has completely transformed my game. I have it set at +1 Draw and I hit long, straight drives nearly every time. When I screw up, it's things like snap hooks because I am still used to over compensating for a slice plane. I am so glad that the guy at Golfsmith had me try this one out. It is definitely my gamer for this year...and maybe many more to come!

Glad I'm not the only one loving it...

13.5 degree coming my way in a week. Looking forward to it.

Experiment or from hitting it prior?

Experiment or from hitting it prior?

I went going in to hit the 2 Deep & 13.5 FW wood. Just for giggles I grabbed the 13.5 driver. It was 20-25 yards further than the 2 deep and seemed more accurate. I have to get it on the course now to see.

I went going in to hit the 2 Deep & 13.5 FW wood. Just for giggles I grabbed the 13.5 driver. It was 20-25 yards further than the 2 deep and seemed more accurate. I have to get it on the course now to see.

Interesting info. The larger club head should in fact offer more forgiveness if all other things are equal. It is similar to what I was speaking of in the SLDR Mini thread.

Callaway X2 Hot Driver Preview

Interesting info. The larger club head should in fact offer more forgiveness if all other things are equal. It is similar to what I was speaking of in the SLDR Mini thread.

Exactly what I thought about JB after I finished. I've always thought more loft would equal less offline shots but it appears for me the bigger head added more forgiveness and distance. Didn't think it would be that dramatic.

Ok! Here we go! Will hit some balls after work today and then have 2 rounds scheduled over the next 2 days. #LoftUp13.5

52EC83D1-9AFF-4CFC-BB3D-2ECAF0698A26_zpskguagxfu.jpg

Looks good Nate. Aldila Tour Blue?

Haven't had it out on the course yet, but picked up the X2H with the reg blue shaft. On the sim, it was very forgiving and long - I had the face taped and was getting my usual 'towards the heel' miss, and was still as many as 40 (sim) yards longer than a couple of other drivers I hit that day. Good launch numbers, and easy to hit a little draw vs my usual fade-to-slice.

I have last year's XHot 3 & 5 hybrids and 3W in my bag for a year, they are all very long and straight for me, and easy to hit.

Yes, I went Stiff Blue over the Green. Looking to for a bit more help with the launch (even though it's a 13.5).

Should have no issues with launch there Nate! Curious to see how it goes for you. I've got mine cranked up to 11.5 and I hit some high ones from time to time, but I could probably roll with 12.5.

Should have no issues with launch there Nate! Curious to see how it goes for you. I've got mine cranked up to 11.5 and I hit some high ones from time to time, but I could probably roll with 12.5.

I'm historically a low ball driver with normal 10.5 degree drivers. We'll find out in about 20 minutes.

Ok, hit about 10 balls and it's WAY higher than any driver or 3 wood I've ever hit. It's kind of a cool thing to have happen to me actually. When I really go at it hard and I don't quite get the face square at impact the face does turn over and I hit a bit of a draw, something else I don't normally do. But when I clear the hips and swing down the line like I should it is high and it is long. I just need to find out now just how long it is. I ended up hitting a few balls that I would consider a "miss" and they were not penalizing at all which was a very good sign. I might need to bring the loft down just a bit but we'll see tomorrow. I think the higher loft might keep that ball in front of me a bit more which is very exciting to me. I'll have more after tomorrow.

Well my X2 Hot 10.5 with tour blue came in today. Set at 105 w/slice. Wow what a nice feeling of a driver. The ball explodes off the face. I completely enjoyed the practice with this. I started with my R1 which has been going 3/14 and 4/14 fairways last two rounds. Amazing difference in the feeling but I am sure some of that is the shaft. I appeared to be longer but the range had no markers past 180 green.

The X2 was going long a straight with tiny draw and some pulls. But I love the feeling off the club face and the sound.

Tomorrow is nine hole league day and the R1 is staying in the trunk along with 18 Saturday morning. I will no more on distance after Saturdays round. But so far I really like.

Back