Cobra Golf MAX Driver

Think you could make it a bit better with a shaft change? I know the shaft is paired with the head for a reason but if you can bring the spin (and launch if needed) down a bit and still split fairways with a ton of forgiveness then it would seemingly be a no brainer.

I think most could find a solid combo but it would likely take some serious rebar for my swing. It is paired with the White Tie which adds to the high launch head and send the ball in the air with zero effort.

I think most could find a solid combo but it would likely take some serious rebar for my swing. It is paired with the White Tie which adds to the high launch head and send the ball in the air with zero effort.

Cool, wasn't aware offhand of stock shaft. Red tie could be a winner for those that already generate decent spin.

Cobra Golf MAX Driver

I certainly gave up some distance (as I am already a high spin guy), but the thought of putting something like this in the bag as a second driver is intriguing. It is a fairway finder for sure.

As someone who's just recently stopped struggling mightily off the tee, I'd gladly trade 10 yards for being in the fairway and not the next fairway over. I bet the target market for this line would agree with that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As someone who's just recently stopped struggling mightily off the tee, I'd gladly trade 10 yards for being in the fairway and not the next fairway over. I bet the target market for this line would agree with that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong. The target market will likely not lose any distance, In fact getting the correct height could likely lead to some gains and still find the short grass. Just something I don't personally need.

I played this for several holes today and came away quite impressed. This thing is as high and straight as they come which is certainly the goal. I really didn't notice the offset after a few swings and it certainly didn't lead to any hooks even though I was playing a draw with other drivers and my irons all day. It will be a perfect driver for the target audience and could help a lot of golfers.

I like the high and straight piece, offset is my only concern. Based on my love of the Bio Cell all three lines would be in consideration (but I would be leaning toward the F6+ or the LTD)

I like the high and straight piece, offset is my only concern. Based on my love of the Bio Cell all three lines would be in consideration (but I would be leaning toward the F6+ or the LTD)

The offset really isn't an issue but I could see how it would mess with many. I played all three Cobra drivers on the course today and honestly enjoyed the MAX the most.

The offset really isn't an issue but I could see how it would mess with many. I played all three Cobra drivers on the course today and honestly enjoyed the MAX the most.

Any significant distance gains in the max over the other two?

Any significant distance gains in the max over the other two?

It was the shortest of the three for me but I need a low spin and launch driver to gain distance. I don't think I missed a fairway today with it and if I did it wasn't by much. I cannot say the same for the other two.

It was the shortest of the three for me but I need a low spin and launch driver to gain distance. I don't think I missed a fairway today with it and if I did it wasn't by much. I cannot say the same for the other two.

how much distance loss are we talking about? Shorter and in the fairway better?

how much distance loss are we talking about? Shorter and in the fairway better?

I am around 260 with the set-up in my sig. Hit the stock F6+ a solid 255 today. Likely only shorter with the MAX by only 5 to maybe 10 yards off that. But fairway everytime and center cut most of the time. No issues giving up that distance to see the short grass more often.

Back