The Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread

The amount of time between games is awful.
This new and trying to stretch relevance just bores people.

I agree completely, but since I really want the Pacers to win I dont mind the extra time for George to get over the concussion haha

The days of back to back games and a single day of travel are long gone. The players of today would go nuts if that took place.

The days of back to back games and a single day of travel are long gone. The players of today would go nuts if that took place.

The fact that a player has enough time between games to recover from a concussion is evidence that there is way too much time between games.

I am happy George has recovered and is okay but this is way too long.

The last indy game was what...tues night? That kind of gap is just flat out ridiculous.

Ray Allen is the man.

If and when the Pacers fire Frank Vogel after the season, I have a feeling they will use his decision to have David West guard Ray Allen on the perimeter in tonight's game as Exhibit A.

If and when the Pacers fire Frank Vogel after the season, I have a feeling they will use his decision to have David West guard Ray Allen on the perimeter in tonight's game as Exhibit A.

Are you trying to say having David West chase Ray Allen around through screens in the fourth quarter isn't a solid and sound coaching decision? Ha Vogel sucks

Are you trying to say having David West chase Ray Allen around through screens in the fourth quarter isn't a solid and sound coaching decision? Ha Vogel sucks

That and when Allen is on the perimeter, it is such a difficult assignment for West to guard Allen.
When off the ball defending, if Miami either rotates or skips a pass to Allen, West has to either close out or let him him shoot. West isn't fast enough to close out without Allen taking him off the dribble and if he doesn't close out - you just have one of the best 3 point shooter in the history of the NBA. It is a no win situation for West and Allen torched him last night.

That and when Allen is on the perimeter, it is such a difficult assignment for West to guard Allen.
When off the ball defending, if Miami either rotates or skips a pass to Allen, West has to either close out or let him him shoot. West isn't fast enough to close out with Allen going past him and if he doesn't close out - you just have one of the best 3 point shooter in the history of the NBA. It is a no win situation for West and Allen torched him last night.

Should have taken Hibbert out and put West at the 5 and gone small to match up. Hibbert played awful in the second half anyways last night.

Should have taken Hibbert out and put West at the 5 and gone small to match up. Hibbert played awful in the second half anyways last night.

Miami did a great job in the second half taking him out of the game.

But you are right Vogel should have made an adjustment and he didn't.

Last edited:
The amount of time between games is awful.
This new and trying to stretch relevance just bores people.
Agreed, makes it tough to create and keep a buzz for the NBA playoffs!

Does anyone think the Pacers made Lance Stephenson find another plane ride home?

Does anyone think the Pacers made Lance Stephenson find another plane ride home?

Not sure about another ride home but I bet is looking for a new team after this year. He is a FA after the season and I think they let him walk.

Not sure about another ride home but I bet is looking for a new team after this year. He is a FA after the season and I think they let him walk.

Someone is going to overpay BIG time.

Someone is going to overpay BIG time.

I hope the Mavs try to get him. With Carlisle coaching he could really help out a lot.

854834656.gif

Ok I was wrong, the series won't end at 5 games. Miami will need one more game.

That was just weird and creepy!

And that is the 2nd time he has done it.

Lebron will go bonkers in game 6. Bank on it. Heat win by 15 or more.

Yeah Stephenson is pretty weak. It reminds me of when Ruben Patterson proclaimed himself the "Kobe Stopper" in the playoffs one year. It didn't end well for him.

And that is the 2nd time he has done it.

Lebron will go bonkers in game 6. Bank on it. Heat win by 15 or more.

Stephenson admitted after Game 4 that calling out LeBron ' s trash talking as weak - was in fact a mistake.

Then he pulls these antics the very next game? I am with you - I think LeBron has a monster game.

It's kind of weird to see that alot of the non Heat fans that normally hate the Heat are actually rooting for them. I can see why it is hard to like the Pacers.

It's kind of weird to see that alot of the non Heat fans that normally hate the Heat are actually rooting for them. I can see why it is hard to like the Pacers.

Not me!

who says craigslist isn't useful

Clippers were just bought by former Microsoft CEO Ballmer for $2 billion. That is twice what I thought they'd go for. Wow.

I'm just glad I'm alive to see the post Sterling Clippers.

Back