My one year lower my handicap challenge!

Hi guys. Merry Christmas to all.

So I played another round yesterday. It was a lovely day for golf, although the wind picked up towards the end of the round. I also took my wife and daughters with so that was great.

I played another 90 with 4 pars and one birdie, 8 doubles and the remainder bogeys. Although I played with borrowed clubs I am starting to gain more confidence in my iron play, but I just couldn't hit that driver, I had the worst slice ever. Where I normally miss about 50/50 left and right I didn't miss one to the left where I hit the driver.

The set also had a 3 iron hybrid in and I must say....what a nice club. It was the first time ver that I hit a hybrid, but the few tee shots I hit with it found the fairway at about 220 to 230 yards and the remainder was just off the fairway. That being said I still hit only 4 fairways and 4 greens. The thing is with the driver I miss the fairway by so much there is just no chance for a par or even a bogey. So I was thinking of maybe getting a 2 or 3 iron hybrid to put in my bag and tee off with that say on par 4s under 400 yards. That leaves you with about a 5 or 6 iron to the green and that may improve my scores I bit. If you just take away the 8 doubles the score is already at an 82!

So Ive still got one week of holiday left and I plan on playing one more rounds next week and then its back home, I cant wait to get back to start practicing. I think when Im back I'll try to play one round every one or two weeks and do specific practising during the week starting off with my driver to get that sorted.

I'll give feedback on my round next week.

Cheers and enjoy Christmas!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Guys.

Well Im back from holiday and played 2 rounds since I got back. I played a 92 and a 90 with both rounds starting with a 48 front 9.

I also bought a new driver, a Cleveland 588 Altitude and with the new driver Ive hit about 50% of the fairways in both the rounds. My misses have also not been so far off.

Ive also registered for a social league where you play one event every month for the year with prizes up for grabs at the end of the year, so I am excited about that. I feel that the real challenge to lower my handicap will only start now because I will now spend time to practice and not just play a round a week.

So lets see how it goes!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Back