Lamkin Sink Putter Grip - THP Review

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
JB gave a quick sneak peak at these grips a couple weeks ago, and they are now in my possession to offer my thoughts. I received four different styles (SQD-13, RND-13, RND-11, and SQD-11). I believe the larger the number, the larger the size (in length, and in this case diameter). The RND has a much softer top edge roll (decent assumption here that RND = round) vs the SQD which provides a rather sharp turn into the side section of the grip. The most traditional of the bunch is the SQD-11, which plays out to be a lot similar to the "Pistolini's" we've seen in the past.

There isn't much info to be had on these yet, however I saw release dates from Lamkin of mid-December. I'll try to get more info as soon as I can, but in the meantime, here's a cap from their facebook page, and then some in hand photos;

12238116_10153248663146864_9216027363247152433_o.jpg

1207150935b_HDR-XL.jpg

1207150936_HDR-XL.jpg

1207150927a_HDR-XL.jpg

1207150928b-XL.jpg

1207150930a-XL.jpg

1207150930c-XL.jpg

1207150932_HDR-XL.jpg

1207150932b_HDR-XL.jpg

1207150934_HDR-X3.jpg

(Comparison to a Lamkin i-Line)
1207150936a_HDR-XL.jpg

Looking forward to your thoughts. A very "retro and groovy" color usage there

Looking forward to your thoughts. A very "retro and groovy" color usage there

That was my first thought as well. Some rather terrifying reminders of the 90s and some interesting outfits..

...but they stand out well, and I am sure the colours will have other golfers asking what they are. Very unique to this lineup.

----That said, I'd take ten of them in the green or blue they used! hahaha!

Definitely looking forward to your thoughts Dan, I recently picked up the Lamkin pistol style grip like you had in Florida to try and give something else a go. Interested in the comparison.

Definitely looking forward to your thoughts Dan, I recently picked up the Lamkin pistol style grip like you had in Florida to try and give something else a go. Interested in the comparison.

Lamkin just had their i-Line grips for sale during the Thanksgiving break and I bought a ton of them haha! So simple, yet they feel unreal.

The closest to that shape is the SQD-11 but it's a bit more unique at the top. More material that goes a bit deeper back, so the grip is going to change a bit from the standard.

Looking forward to your thoughts on these. I am currently contemplating a putter grip change AGAIN so perfect timing for me regarding new grip reviews.

Like everyone else looking froward to your thoughts. Looks are interesting but not bad

Seen these earlier up here, very interested in your thoughts.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Certainly looks like a size and shape (kind of) for everyone there. I dig the colors. The 90s were AWESOME.

These grips are really, really interesting. I love the squared edges of the SQD-11 that I gamed today, but I am not totally sold on the weight balance. Traditionally, I'm not a heavy grip user, and it took me a while to transition from a total lack of weight that I experience in the i-Line.

With that said, once I got in a groove, I putted very well. The curved handle really suits my upper hand well, and there is a really interesting combination of tacky/rubbery grip that feels really good in the hands. I've got the RND-11 and RND-13 installed in a couple putters, and AMart has the RND-11 installed in one of his gamers... We'll be bringing more thoughts as the weekend progresses.

First round with the RND-11 in the books. Putting was solid. The feel really stands out. The rubber offers a much tackier feel compared to the Super Stroke that I have been using. The tackiness allows for soft grip pressure and no concern of loosing control. Size felt slightly larger than the Mid Slim 2.0 I have been using most of the summer.

Anymore updates?

Canadan, so what did you think of both versions of the Sink? Sent message to Lamkin hoping they would send me one with my order.

Canadan, so what did you think of both versions of the Sink? Sent message to Lamkin hoping they would send me one with my order.

They are very intriguing grips rogt. Their size and material (to the touch) suggests that of a heavier grip. That in mind, I've had a Lamkin i-Line here (my gamer) and I honestly can't make the SQD-11 SINK feel heavier. I'm also falling a bit prey to the material, which you would think would be heavier than it really is. The tack, on the other hand, is fantastic.

The RND grip promotes very limited wrist motion, which isn't terribly surprising considering the size. I like that it isn't exactly oversized, and I still have the ability to touch palm with fingers if I really want to. The SQD plays a lot more into the hands of golfers who like an aid in keeping the face extremely square through the stroke, especially with the pronounced butt end. It is less pronounced in the 13 vs the 11, however the design elements are certainly still there.

I'll be the first to openly admit that I don't really understand the goal of the size 13, with the exception of consistencies and having the ability to get some grip above the hand for balancing. It's not something I am terribly well versed in, however I have enjoyed rolling the mFGP2 with it installed.

Finally, I am glad they used the circular aids on the grips, especially in the large versions. I've found them very helpful when using the 13's to try and remain consistent about where I place my hands and I definitely think people will be able to perform a consistent grip with them.

I'm pretty fascinated by this whole thing and look forward to learning more.

Lamkin Sink Putter Grip - THP Review

Oh I can't wait to hear your thoughts! The Sqd Orange looks sweet. About to place my order. Which one would feel closer to midsize to you, the SQD-13 or SQD-11. I currently game the golf pride classic midsize. And want close to the same size.

Edit: you must have been typing as I was.

Last edited:
Oh I can't wait to hear your thoughts! The Sqd Orange looks sweet. About to place my order. Which one would feel closer to midsize to you, the SQD-13 or SQD-11. I currently game the golf pride classic midsize. And want close to the same size.

These are a bit different in that aspect Frogger. the 11 vs 13 isn't width as much as it is length, as they are 11 and 13 inches in length respectively. Now, there is a bit more width on the SQD-13 vs the 11, but it's certainly not the biggest change in the grip.

Does it feel skinny? Or is there a midsize version? Playing the Golf Pride Tour Classic in midsize now and love the size of it.

Does it feel skinny? Or is there a midsize version? Playing the Golf Pride Tour Classic in midsize now and love the size of it.

Not to me, but I play a very skinny grip in my every day gamer. Here are comparison pics.

1207150936b_HDR-X2.jpg

1207150936a_HDR-X2.jpg

Thanks for the info. Will be putting one of these on

I like Lamkin grips, they are my grips of choice. I would definitely try these, however not a big fan of the colors, but it wouldn't stop me from gaming them.

I love their looks. Are they for sale yet? Went looking on the net but even the Lamkin web site didn't list them. Thanks!!

Back