Moving past 7'oclock swing help

CAPJR

Reaction score
Handicap
I will try to get a video when I can. However I seem to have a good smooth swing up till the 7 o'clock spot. However moving past that it's A horror show. I've been told I decelerate on my swing but when I try to be quicker not harder I feel like I'm swating at flys. I miss, top, anything but hit it.

I generally produce a 50% straight shot with a nasty fade at the second half of flight.

Second I can not seem to aim to save my life. I try and square up but hit way right. I move left and still seem to not only fade it again but to the same spot as the first shot.

Any my tips would be greatly appreciated. I don't mind playing the shot I have and don't have to hit straight but being able to produce the same shot every time would be a blessing.

These are suggestions from a non instructor and I am sure Freddie will get you squared away.

Regarding the first part with trouble past 7 o'clock sounds like a tempo issue or maybe doubting yourself. On the range try some tempo drills. Take a full swing at 40% then 60 then 80(this is for the entire swing so tempo is same back and through). Then try a count of something like one one thousand two (one starts the the back swing, one thousand is the top of the backswing and two is impact)

Sounds like your right miss is an over the top move and gets worse as you aim further left. Practice starting out with your feet together at address then separate them keeping your backfoot aligned to the clubhead. To practice use alignment sticks or clubs (one for your target and them you can put one on your hips to make sure they are parallel to the target and then on your shoulders to make they are square).

I will try to get a video when I can. However I seem to have a good smooth swing up till the 7 o'clock spot. However moving past that it's A horror show. I've been told I decelerate on my swing but when I try to be quicker not harder I feel like I'm swating at flys. I miss, top, anything but hit it.

I generally produce a 50% straight shot with a nasty fade at the second half of flight.

Second I can not seem to aim to save my life. I try and square up but hit way right. I move left and still seem to not only fade it again but to the same spot as the first shot.

Any my tips would be greatly appreciated. I don't mind playing the shot I have and don't have to hit straight but being able to produce the same shot every time would be a blessing.

It sounds like you are casting the club in an attempt to swing harder. This is an easy fix with a good drill. The casting is what is causing all your issues so this drill will fix you right up.

Get into your address position. Do not swing the club but instead, set the club into a 90* position pointing away from the target. So the left arm and club will create this position.

From here you will simply turn the shoulder and swing the arm to the top of your swing. Holding the address position throughout the entire motion.

From the top of the swing you should pump the club down to the right hip, holding the angle. The hips will still start the down swing but your mission is to pull the handle to the right front hip pocket. Do this three times and on the third pump swing through the ball.

You will see some suspect shots until you get your timing down but once you get it right, you should hit shots high and pure. Good luck and let me know how it works out for you

Freddie I love/hate that drill it works so well when done right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great drill there Freddie. That one has helped me tremendously in the past.

Back