Drive a Par 4 or Par 5 in 2

I feel that a par 5 in two is more rewarding ... If I was to reach a par 4 in 1, it just meant it was really short and a very dry day. A par 5 in two is a combination of two really good shots for me.

If I can drive the par four, I'm playing from the wrong tees. Give me the Par 5 in two with a prayer.

Never played a 280-320 yards par 4 from the back tees?

Never played a 280-320 yards par 4 from the back tees?

One that is accessible? Not really on my home course. As you've seen, most are make or break shots that are worthy of laughable attempts in scrambles.

The boys go nuts when the green gets hit, but it's more of a joke than a regular occurrence.. Although to your original question, no one gets excited when I'm on a par 5 in two.. Everyone's excited when I'm on the par 4 in one. So I'll modify my answer.

Par 5 in two. Two good shots are needed to get it done, and that to me just feels better knowing that I hit a drive well enough to give myself the chance to go for it, and that I then hit the next club well enough to get it there.

This 100%

Driving a par4

We should have attempted #16 on El Campeon a couple times. That would have been a monster to get on.

Those of us who lack the launch angle and spin rate you have off the tee would look on in amazement.

We should have attempted #16 on El Campeon a couple times. That would have been a monster to get on.

I think after I go through this 6 month work out routine I'll give it try.

Those of us who lack the launch angle and spin rate you have off the tee would look on in amazement.

haha maybe, although I'd tell the story of Devil's Delight in two 100x before #16 in one.

Par 5 in two because a. I've never driven a par 4 and b. it takes consecutive good shots.

Par 4 for sure. The opportunities are much fewer and most have all sorts of hazards and trouble around them to keep the hole difficult. Typically have 3 or 4 par 5s a round and while not all can be reached, there are usually one or two that can be. I've hit mid irons into par 5s before. Those are more about expecting it than to have satisfaction.

I would say par 4's but getting home on 550+ yard par 5's is pretty cool as well

Par 5 in two since it takes 2 good shots. If I can do that it gives me a nice little confidence boost.

Depends on the length of the par 5. If it's > 540 or so, the par 5. If not, then the par 4.

This year, I've been on in 2 on somewhere between 6-10 par 5 but only one par 4 in 1.

Do have to say that certain 4's are particularly special to drive. #15 at TPC Scottsdale Champion from the 320 yard tees is one that I remember fondly.

To me, par 4 in one. I never done it in my life. Par 5 in two happens once a round or two.

Definitely driving a par 4 in one. I've done it a few times, earlier this year I had a 20mph wind to my back and drove the green on a 345 yard par 4. Everything came together in my swing perfect and the ball just exploded off the tee. One of those unforgettable shots. I promptly three putted for par.

Driving a par 4, I've only done it twice. There are a few, "easier" par 5's, under 500 yards that I've reached in two a few times at my local courses.

A good shot is a good shot to me I try not to get to high or low on the course. Hitting the green on either is a good feeling. I get the same feeling stuffing an iron close though so wouldn't put one over the other.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

drive a par 4. I am lucky enough to have enough distance to reach most of the par 5's I play.

Par 5 in two. That is a much more realistic feat, and requires two good shots. Especially if I hit two beasts of shots, makes me feel good!

Driveable par 4? Usually requires a few factors which are completely outside of my control, and a little bit of luck.

Depends on the hole ect but driving a par 4 is usually way harder. Now if it is a silly one that is 250 or something then I don't care. Driving par 5 depends, every time I drive one under 500 I remember it would really be a par 4 on tv. Now when I get to one over 500 in 2 I am pretty happy.

Par 5 in 2 to me is more impressive since it requires 2 good shots. Par 4 in one is still impressive (hell par 3 in one is good for me) and I would have my price puffed out either way.

Par 5 in two. Eagles are where it is at. We have no par 4's on my course that I can reach in 1.

Back