Drive a Par 4 or Par 5 in 2

I'll take either as on my course from the tees I play it's just about impossible

I prefer the Par 5 in two. For me it takes 2 fantastic shots to do it from the tees I usually play and that means I was able to do it without taking any crazy stupid risks and blowing up the card.
There are some drivable par 4s that I play regularly but they require an obscene amount of risk to do it. A trend I notice is that the lower the handicap, the less likely the player is to go for it.

For me it would be making a par 5 in 2, as I am not a long hitter, if either happened it would be dang near a miracle. but to make a par 5 in 2 would be the one I would prefer.

Driving a par 4 because I have probably only done it a few times in my golfing life. Though it is not necessarily commonplace for me, have reached many more par 5's in 2.

A par 5 in 2...it's both more likely to happen, and it involves hitting a well-struck hybrid/fairway wood off the deck, which is currently the shot I have the most trouble with.

Driving a par 4 is much more exciting. I was fortunate to do it twice at the King in Orlando a couple years ago which was a blast! There is a "drive able" par 4 at my home course (#18) which some kid aced last year to win a Jr amateur tournament, but I've yet to hit that one as its over 300yds.

I've never come close to doing either, but it sure would be handy. Then I could 4 putt and still escape with a bogey.

Give me the par 4 in 1. I love that feeling.

Both of them are not easy, and both are equally satisfying. I've done both of them. Nice little feathers on the cap.

Reaching a long par 5 in 2 because I rarely play a course with a driveable par 4, maybe once every few years. The shortest par 4 at my home course is 356/370 off the regular/back tees. It is the only par 4 on the course under 406 yards. In my over 6 years at my club I have never heard of anyone driving any of the par 4's.

Just my opinion but I think every course should have a driveable par 4 as long as there is risk/reward involved and not just 290 yards straight away.

Just my opinion but I think every course should have a driveable par 4 as long as there is risk/reward involved and not just 290 yards straight away.

I'm normally play tees that are 6600-7200 yards and it's super rare for me to find a par 4 under 340 yards. I like the idea of a 300 yard par 4 but I guess the courses I choose just don't have them. Once or twice a year I'll play in a scramble and I often find a par 4 in the 320 or less range that I'll have a go at but during normal play a drivable par 4 only comes up about once every 200 rounds. For me reaching a par 5 in 2 happens nearly every round while reaching a par 4 is less common than a speeding ticket.

I'm normally play tees that are 6600-7200 yards and it's super rare for me to find a par 4 under 340 yards. I like the idea of a 300 yard par 4 but I guess the courses I choose just don't have them. Once or twice a year I'll play in a scramble and I often find a par 4 in the 320 or less range that I'll have a go at but during normal play a drivable par 4 only comes up about once every 200 rounds. For me reaching a par 5 in 2 happens nearly every round while reaching a par 4 is less common than a speeding ticket.
Close to the same as you, about every round and half or 2 I am on par 5 in 2, and this year playing 100 rounds I think I got to 3 par 4s in one shot for the year.

4 in 1. Shows you hit that perfect drive

I like both, but I think Driving a par 4 is more satisfying because it doesnt happen as often, and the few times it has, its been really satisfying. I sometimes expect to be on the green in 2 on some par 5s, which takes some of the grandeur away from it.

I've never come close to doing either, but it sure would be handy. Then I could 4 putt and still escape with a bogey.

This is the best line in the thread.

I'm bouncing around which I think is better and just how ridiculous the pro's are playing 7500 yard courses and sooo many guys getting to the par 5's in 2. Really like seeing Bubba hit 7 irons into them.

I'd have to go with a Par 4, too. Around here ALL the par 5's I usually play are more like long part 4's on normal courses, so for me to get home in 2 on a par 5 is sort of normal. However, hitting the green on a Par 4 off the tee, NOT as normal...even though some of them ARE short, around the 290 - 325 range...still tough to do on a normal basis.

I'm not a huge distance guy, so either one would be pretty satisfying for me. I have probably driven fever par 4's in 1 than I have par 5's in 2 though, so I'd say driving a par 4 in 1. Kinda fun just visualizing it right now!

Drivable par 4? For me? lol.

I've gotten on three par 5s in 2 last season. Those were pretty satisfying. DJ'd the first one. Got the birdie on the second. Eagled the third.

Par 5 in 2 because I'm not very good with the longer clubs.

I'd say a Par 5 in 2 as it's more doable for me, but with the right conditions if I COULD drive a par 4 it would feel way better!

I'd say a Par 5 in 2 as it's more doable for me, but with the right conditions if I COULD drive a par 4 it would feel way better!

I bet I am at least 5 times as likely to get on a 5 in 2.

Driving a par 4 for me. I'm not extremely long off the tee but not short either. So, on in 1 on a par 4 is very satisfying to me. I hardly ever try to get on in 2 on a par 5 anyways. Not that I can't but for me it's just a hi risk low reward shot when I know I can be on in 3 no matter what.

The conditions I would need to drive a 280 par 4: elevated tee; 25 mph wind to my back; 80 degree weather; perfect contact with the ball; firm fairway with downhill slope; soft green so the ball doesn't bound over it.

Easily a par 4 in one for me. A lot of the par 5s round me are only 480 - 500 yards, so with a decent tee shot it can be a 5 iron into the green for the second shot. Accuracy is a lot harder with the driver for me - its not just hitting the ball 300 yards, it's keeping it on the right line as well.

Back