Practice short game w your "gamer" balls?

I do both, use some older scuffed balls from my bag or range balls.

It's something I've always done. Practice balls at the range just don't react the same as retired gamers.

I use my gamer balls all the time for chipping/pitching/sand shots unless it's winter - then ball doesn't matter. Range balls react much different off a wedge than a shiny new Chrome or FG Tour.

I actually just use the balls at the club. We have the pro v1 practice balls. But I might start using my own after reading this thread. The only time i think it would be a pain is if multiple people are using the chipping green. Then i would have to shag my balls while others are trying to use the green.

Always use my gamers for chipping and putting practice. They don't provide any where I go so why would I use anything different.

If I go to the chipping area specifically for practice, I'll use my own balls, but if I'm going down to warm up before a round, I'll usually just use what's there. I always putt with my gamers.

Thing is that I've changed the ball I game with. Also I lose balls. That shag bucket doesn't fill up fast enough, but when it does it's mixed from what I've found on the course: Pro Vs, Velocities, NTs, Nikes, Srixons, Callaways, Bridgestones, Noodles, whatever. When I'm banging balls out of the bunker, I'll use the range balls. When I'm hitting 40 yd lobs I'll use the range balls. When I'm chipping, I'll use my shags. When I'm putting I'll use my game balls. My game isn't precise enough yet to where I'm hitting flop shots and worrying about spin. I'm still trying to chip the ball in teh general vicinity of the hole.

I have a shag bag full of scuffed Pro V's I use. They react way differently than the range balls so I make sure to remember my shag bag or I usually won't do short range stuff.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Range balls don't spin. If you use distance balls there is some difference in how they react. If you use top tier balls there can be a huge difference in spin and thus distance.
To me, if you use a urethane covered ball you should be practicing anything less than a half wedge shot with a gamer as the amount spin can make a a huge difference in shot distance.

All my "gamer" balls that I finish a round with, but have slight scuffs or damage or I just deem them unplayable go in my shag bag.
This is what I do as well. Makes no sense to pitch & chip with range balls which react differently than what you're playing .

The 2 courses I belong to don't provide balls so I always use my "shag bag gamers" which consists of balls that I've retired but are my normal gamers.

Gamers here as well. The local muni is fine with golfers using their own balls on the putting & chipping greens, so I always use what I'm playing.

Any short game work I use my gamer/shag bag balls. I want to know what my ball is gonna do and get the feel/touch with what I'm playing.

I'm using old gamers to hit into my net currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back