Votes: 8 11.3%
  • 60+

Votes: 5 7.0%

• Total voters

StLCardsFan

Reaction score
Handicap
>0, <10
Most of the other message boards/forums I have visited or am a member of usually have an age poll. You don't have to comment just hit the poll option for your age.

Is this poll public or private?

29. In just 6 months I will offically be old.

We all know you're going to be 21 this year Claire, it's okay. haha

I'll be 38 for a little longer......

We all know you're going to be 21 this year Claire, it's okay. haha

I'll be 38 for a little longer......

I really am a 14 year old boy, you know.

Is this poll public or private?

There is always a warning when it's a public poll. Plus you can tell by clicking on the poll result numbers whether it's private or public. IMO a poll should be always be private. Some people (me included) won't always vote in a public poll so that skews the results.

Wait, I thought Bogey was the 14 yr. old. I'm so confused. Anyway I'm calling BS, there isn't a 14 year old around that loves math and golf as much as you do.

We're both 14.

Spoiler
Except I think he once said he was 27.

There is always a warning when it's a public poll. Plus you can tell by clicking on the poll result numbers whether it's private or public. IMO a poll should be always be private. Some people (me included) won't always vote in a public poll so that skews the results.

The results here are skewed from the start on any poll since the forum population is primarily, but not all male.

The results here are skewed from the start on any poll since the forum population is primarily, but not all male.

Until you get to the elderly, men and women are reasonably evenly dispersed among most age groups.

It can't be skewed if everyone who is a member gets an opportunity to vote. The population of the forum is what it is.

And I did separate men and women responses in my shake the gas pump poll that only two women took part.

I think making a poll public changes the results of a poll more than anything.

Until you get to the elderly, men and women are reasonably evenly dispersed among most age groups.

Forum polls, Claire, not general normal everyday polls.

It can't be skewed if everyone who is a member gets an opportunity to vote. The population of the forum is what it is.

And I did separate men and women responses in my shake the gas pump poll that only two women took part.

I think making a poll public changes the results of a poll more than anything.

I agree that making it public can change the results a bit, but so can many other things. The way you ask the question can skew the results more than any other variable.

More than how you ask the question is what options do you have for your choices? I would rather ask for opinions than make a poll because you always forget some possible choices. A lot of polls are yes/no when sometimes is a viable option.

What's bugs me is when you ask a question in the thread title but ask a different question in your poll.

Or, as an example, I didn't answer your gas poll because I don't usually pump my own gas.

I'm 32 years old. I don't see what the big deal is with people and their age. You are who you are.

Young vibrant and very proud and healthy 62 years old. Probably out work and out do most of you youngins.:banana: LOL

26. Born on April 23 (the same as William Shakespeare).

Back