RatFink

Carnivore
Reaction score
Handicap
lim x-> 0
Hey All!

So I've been away from golf for quite a while with work/school/other hobbies/injuries and am looking to really take a good swing (ha-ha) at it this spring summer and I'm perusing the Golftown site and I'm thinking to myself that prices are way up considering the majority of drivers are now well north of $400CAD when before you could get a good number for less than $400CAD, and wedges are around $150 now.

Is it just the Canadian Peso that is hurting us up here, or is this a noted trend in the US as well?

Hey All!

So I've been away from golf for quite a while with work/school/other hobbies/injuries and am looking to really take a good swing (ha-ha) at it this spring summer and I'm perusing the Golftown site and I'm thinking to myself that prices are way up considering the majority of drivers are now well north of $400CAD when before you could get a good number for less than $400CAD, and wedges are around $150 now.

Is it just the Canadian Peso that is hurting us up here, or is this a noted trend in the US as well?

A good bit of both. a couple of seasons ago most drivers were about US$ 299, with some $399 now it seems the cheapest are around US$ 330 with most around $399+. The strong US$ seems to be making things more expensive for our friends up north, but prices have gone up fairly consistently.

400 has always been what I see as the standard price for a premium driver a few are over that but it still seems to be the mark and has been for years. The wedges seem to be in the same price range as well. I paid 140 for my CG 16's a few years back. I personally don't think price has gone up all that much.

I guess Golftown might just be showing a few more of the hyper-premium drivers than they used to then!

I need to get some lessons prior to buying any new clubs anyways.

400 has always been what I see as the standard price for a premium driver a few are over that but it still seems to be the mark and has been for years. The wedges seem to be in the same price range as well. I paid 140 for my CG 16's a few years back. I personally don't think price has gone up all that much.

I'm not sure if that's really the case anymore. The M1, Cobra King LTD and Callaway DBD are all at $600 and the Big Bertha, 915, Cobra F6+ are over $500

$450 seems to be the starting point for most higher end drivers and the premium versions are looking at well over that these days.

Which makes me sad as I'm planning on getting a fitted driver so I"m really having to save up

Edit....

Just wait until a few months after a release.

Back