913 vs Bertha vs Bio Cell

Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
Can't find anywhere where people compared either the Bertha or Bio vs the 913. I know Titleist isn't known for forgiveness but curious if anybody did those comparisons

I've owned and gamed all 3 for a decent amount of time.
Bio is the most forgiving from an accuracy standpoint and also the highest launching.
The Bertha is super forgiving at maintaining ball speeds across the face.
The Titleist 913d2 is less forgiving than the other two. Best sounding/feeling of the bunch IMO.

The Bertha is the longest based on what I saw but I had issues with Bertha going left. The Bio and 913 are equally long but they get there different ways and the Bio is easier.

Id say more but I'm mobile right now.

Can't find anywhere where people compared either the Bertha or Bio vs the 913. I know Titleist isn't known for forgiveness but curious if anybody did those comparisons
I can't give you an in depth comparison like some on here. But I wanted to Bertha so bad, but I ended up with the biocell because it was about 15-20 yards farther on mishits than everything else.

I can't give you an in depth comparison like some on here. But I wanted to Bertha so bad, but I ended up with the biocell because it was about 15-20 yards farther on mishits than everything else.

That's one think I keep hearing is how forgiving the bio is

I swing a 910D2. At the Indy event, I crushed one down the pipe. I then took a swing with the BIO that JMAN had just used.
I missed the center of the BIO face by a mile. It still went straight as an arrow and ended up only maybe 10 yards or so behind my pured 910 shot.

I've been waiting for the right time to grab one ever since.

I swing a 910D2. At the Indy event, I crushed one down the pipe. I then took a swing with the BIO that JMAN had just used.
I missed the center of the BIO face by a mile. It still went straight as an arrow and ended up only maybe 10 yards or so behind my pured 910 shot.

I've been waiting for the right time to grab one ever since.
The E9 face on the Bio Cell is magical. Hit it anywhere in the 'circle' and its as good as the centre.

I've owned and gamed all 3 for a decent amount of time.
Bio is the most forgiving from an accuracy standpoint and also the highest launching.
The Bertha is super forgiving at maintaining ball speeds across the face.
The Titleist 913d2 is less forgiving than the other two. Best sounding/feeling of the bunch IMO.

The Bertha is the longest based on what I saw but I had issues with Bertha going left. The Bio and 913 are equally long but they get there different ways and the Bio is easier.

Id say more but I'm mobile right now.

Agree with this 100%

The Bio is also the best value right now by a mile. The only way the Bio won't work for you is if you naturally put a ton of backspin on the ball.

Had a 910 which was better than 913. I have Bertha as a backup to my G25 but really wish I would have gotten the BioCell instead. BioCell is very forgiving, goes farther on misfits and easy to swing. With BB I feel like I have to manipulate my swing to get desired results and ended up putting an alpha shaft to get good numbers/results

Had a 910 which was better than 913. I have Bertha as a backup to my G25 but really wish I would have gotten the BioCell instead. BioCell is very forgiving, goes farther on misfits and easy to swing. With BB I feel like I have to manipulate my swing to get desired results and ended up putting an alpha shaft to get good numbers/results

Too each their own. I found more forgiveness in the 913 myself.

Meant to add x2hot to the mix. Hate we have no where to demo decently

The Bio is also the best value right now by a mile. The only way the Bio won't work for you is if you naturally put a ton of backspin on the ball.

Having a ton of backspin would cause the ball to knuckle and fall out of the sky. This would be case where you would opt for the Bio+ to lower your spin. Someone with more spin knowledge correct me if I'm wrong.

Hmmmm, some interesting things here.

Forgiveness wise, when we talk ball speed retention on misses, the Bio and Bertha are insanely close. Same honestly goes for launch and spin, they're eerily close to eachother all around in all of my experiences putting them head to head and testing them the past year. If you go for $$ the Bio clearly wins, but the adjustability of a sliding weight that actually works in the Bertha certainly makes it worth it for many. The 913 (which is pretty much identical to the 910) has the least lateral forgiveness of the 3 but it still a solid solid head.

I play a 913 and had a 910 before it, not a big difference between the two, but I am having great luck with the 913. It is fairly forgiving and great to shape shots with. The feel when you hit it on the bolts is excellent. Have yet to hit the Cobra or BB and both seem very nice. The older Callaway BB models were my favorite drivers, nice to see the Big Bertha is back.

Hmmmm, some interesting things here.

Forgiveness wise, when we talk ball speed retention on misses, the Bio and Bertha are insanely close. Same honestly goes for launch and spin, they're eerily close to eachother all around in all of my experiences putting them head to head and testing them the past year. If you go for $$ the Bio clearly wins, but the adjustability of a sliding weight that actually works in the Bertha certainly makes it worth it for many. The 913 (which is pretty much identical to the 910) has the least lateral forgiveness of the 3 but it still a solid solid head.

Just the man I was hoping would chime in. What about the stock shaft offerings

Just the man I was hoping would chime in. What about the stock shaft offerings

All three are solid, I've spent less time with the 913 though. I can say without hesitation that the shaft in the Bio and Bertha will fit the largest majority of golfers on the spectrum without an issue, they did a wonderful job pairing them to the heads this year. I know some will argue that, but they key is 1) people overthink shafts and what they need most times and 2) I'm talking about the largest portion of the bell curve, some here are not part of that group but for the MASSES, the shafts work well.

All three are solid, I've spent less time with the 913 though. I can say without hesitation that the shaft in the Bio and Bertha will fit the largest majority of golfers on the spectrum without an issue, they did a wonderful job pairing them to the heads this year. I know some will argue that, but they key is 1) people overthink shafts and what they need most times and 2) I'm talking about the largest portion of the bell curve, some here are not part of that group but for the MASSES, the shafts work well.

Alright thanks. I'm gonna try and slide off to hit both as I completely rebuild the top of my bag

When in doubt, hit them all, best option for sure. Plus, no one is making bad equipment, it all fits someone well, you might be surprised.

When in doubt, hit them all, best option for sure. Plus, no one is making bad equipment, it all fits someone well, you might be surprised.

What do you think about Bertha vs Bio Cell in regards to those that have more left side fairway misses. Is the Amp more forgiving on lateral misses and in particular for the hookers.

What do you think about Bertha vs Bio Cell in regards to those that have more left side fairway misses. Is the Amp more forgiving on lateral misses and in particular for the hookers.

Honestly OG, you can hook any driver, that all comes back to the swing, I don't buy into the face angle causing it for most people because for most people their swing isn't that repeatable. To me and everything I have seen/used/tested, unless a head is 2-3* closed its not going to increase a hook/pull and these two aren't anything like that.

Amp vs Bio is a spin thing, the Bio retains ball speeds better, but the Amp spins more which for some makes them feel like it is more forgiving, but its a spin thing and if you need it, that head spins like a top (Amp Cell).

Yea will do. The cobra stuff has really caught my eye lately

Yea will do. The cobra stuff has really caught my eye lately

Its definitely solid, I've enjoyed my season with it all. But there are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many good clubs out right now.

Honestly OG, you can hook any driver, that all comes back to the swing, I don't buy into the face angle causing it for most people because for most people their swing isn't that repeatable. To me and everything I have seen/used/tested, unless a head is 2-3* closed its not going to increase a hook/pull and these two aren't anything like that.

Amp vs Bio is a spin thing, the Bio retains ball speeds better, but the Amp spins more which for some makes them feel like it is more forgiving, but its a spin thing and if you need it, that head spins like a top (Amp Cell).

Good info and keep up the great work :thumb:

Its definitely solid, I've enjoyed my season with it all. But there are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many good clubs out right now.

Oh very true. Take my x2hot hybrid. I murdered it and has me looking at the fairways.

I'd vote Bertha, simply because I think the stock shaft is just a little nicer feeling through the ball and the Bertha had a little better sound to me. But performance wise, both are outstanding, and eerily similar.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Back