The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

You guys have put a tremendous amount of time and thought into The Morgan Cup. You've probably spent a large percentage of every waking moment since finding out you were in thinking about prep, clubs, matches and so forth. Now my question is have any of you gone beyond waking moments? Who has been dreaming (while sleeping) about the MC? What was your dream?

I did early on, I was fully absorbed in everything Morgan Cup lol, but as time went by it changed to more of a focus rather than daydreaming and night time dreaming. Every swing counted these last couple months and it really brought me down to earth

I did have a dream that ATLGolfer was playing in the group behind me in his underwear. Does that count?

Other than that, it's been about playing good golf and pushing my opponents to play hard each hole.

#Hawkward

I did have a dream that ATLGolfer was playing in the group behind me in his underwear. Does that count?

Other than that, it's been about playing good golf and pushing my opponents to play hard each hole.

:petey:

Have had several dreams about the MC. None of them had to do with actual play though. Socializing, practicing and driving up Caladonia's awesome entrance. Even woke up once while on the range and tried to get back to sleep so I could go play..... No dice.

JM

Just as Flog2424 had I a dream, I did as well and it was against Tadashi. The round was tight up through 12 and I just hooked a tee shot. Thank goodness for that alarm going off.

I can honestly say that the last week has kicked off some intense discussions, which have me constantly drifting off day dreaming about what will come in the next few weeks.

I don't know which golfer will show up in Myrtle Beach. I have put so much effort into this and I want to present a challenge to my competitors. I will say that I can look in the mirror and be happy with the preparation I have put in. Life has had some bad timing for me leading up to the event but I know that this will be life changing. I cannot wait to see all of you dudes.

Sounds like Mr. Kong has his pick of heads to live rent free in for the next few weeks.

The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Barry, let me tell you something, when the contests were going on, I was dreaming of the #THPMC, and I STILL have the occasional dream about it.
I know this was directed to the participants, but seeing as how you asked, I wonder if people who are not in the event ever have this dream.

Same here CJ.

I had a very realistic dream during the contest periods about getting "The Ultimate PM" from JB and GolferGal. It was so realistic I was bummed for hours when I woke up :)

Last edited:
I kind of had a moment at about 2:00am last night where I still can't believe this is happening and it's two weeks away. I try to picture what it will be like but it is so much different than anything I've ever done that I cant. Going to be a whirlwind for sure, but I know it will leave me some lifelong memories.

I don't know which golfer will show up in Myrtle Beach. I have put so much effort into this and I want to present a challenge to my competitors. I will say that I can look in the mirror and be happy with the preparation I have put in. Life has had some bad timing for me leading up to the event but I know that this will be life changing. I cannot wait to see all of you dudes.

Me and you both friend. We'll push through it all

I couldnt have said this any better. The last month has been very demanding at work, home and everywhere else. Ive managed to prwctice and play when I could but man I wish I had more time... but ill be ready yhr best I. Can

Played a bit of a tune up today with IceyShanks and talked a ton about the MC. Shot pretty well, had a few shots I want back but overall pretty happy with where my game is at. Can't wait to see what happens when I put custom fit clubs in my hands compared to the hodge podge of off the rack stuff in my bag right now.

You guys have put a tremendous amount of time and thought into The Morgan Cup. You've probably spent a large percentage of every waking moment since finding out you were in thinking about prep, clubs, matches and so forth. Now my question is have any of you gone beyond waking moments? Who has been dreaming (while sleeping) about the MC? What was your dream?

No dreams that I can recall, but it dies prevent me from getting to sleep at times.

No dreams that I can recall, but it dies prevent me from getting to sleep at times.

I haven't lost any sleep over the Morgan Cup, nor have I had any dreams that I can remember. But, I do fall asleep every single night thinking about it. So, it's hard to tell whether I'm still awake thinking about it, or I've fallen asleep and dreaming about it.

The journey to the Morgan Cup is coming to a close. However it has jump started my personal journey to be better golfer. Last year before being selected, I would have been thrilled to be sub 90. What this journey has done for me is allow me to focus and commit to improvement. It has transformed my game and given me belief that I can be even better. THAT is what is so special about this event! It has ways to make people bring out the best out of themselves should they choose to commit. The icing on the cake will be an awesome weekend with great friends, THE ULTIMATE WEEKEND OF GOLF!

So, getting very close to #THMPC now, a question for the participants.

Is your game where you want it? If you could improve anything about your game, what would it be?

And more importantly, how freeking excited are you!!!???

Is your game where you want it? If you could improve anything about your game, what would it be?

Is my game where I'd like it to be? Not quite, but I'm happy with the changes I've made with my swing and feel I can be competitive down in MB. What I'm working on now is short game consistency.

As far as how excited I am? It's the experience of a lifetime, I can't freaking wait!

It's interesting sitting back and watching all the emotions coming into this event. Take a deep breath and enjoy folks! You will be loading into those cars, planes, etc. before ya know it..... :bomb:

Played a bit of a tune up today with IceyShanks and talked a ton about the MC. Shot pretty well, had a few shots I want back but overall pretty happy with where my game is at. Can't wait to see what happens when I put custom fit clubs in my hands compared to the hodge podge of off the rack stuff in my bag right now.
You played great man, keep focused like you were today and you'll walk away happy with your performance for sure. Keep it up buddy!

Very excited and anxious over here!

Overall my game is pretty much where I wanted it to be at this time. I feel if I have it going with the flat stick that I will be capable of shooting some of the best scores of my life. I could not have said that 6 months ago.

In these last weeks all I want to do is keep the short game sharp and just stay steady

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Is my game where I want it? There is so much room for improvement, but when firing on all cylinders, I play the best golf of my life. When not, it's no worse than before, so on the margins YES. I just have to believe. If I could improve one thing? It would probably be the mental aspect of the tee game. I posted in OG's thread that when I step up confident, things go well. When I don't then I get the steering wheel in my hand. :act-up:

Excited? FUGGETABOUTIT! I cannot stop thinking about all of the different emotions, experiences, shots, highs, lows, ups, downs, sights, sounds, friendships, commadere, and the fraternity that is The Morgan Cup. JB, GG, THP and All of the sponsors and volunteers THANK You!

JM

My game is right on track....just like last year. This excites me.

My game is inching in the right direction. Every year it seems like May is good to me, June is awful, and July I throw it all together. I have zero doubt that my game will show up in Myrtle Beach.

Back