SKLZ "Golf Strong" Program - THP Review

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
The SKLZ brand is certainly one that has been on the move lately and shows no signs of tapering off anytime soon. Not only does the company have a vested interest in helping golfers improve through their various training aids and accessories, but they also branch into baseball, basketball, football, lacrosse, soccer, softball, and tennis as well. Simply put they are totally driven by and dedicated to improving the enjoyment that people can draw out of these sports by helping them to learn and improve in a multitude of facets.

Where golf is concerned, the SKLZ company is actually unveiling their all new “Golf Strong” program which is a totally golf centric 6-week training program intent on helping golfers gain distance, flexibility, and overall consistency in the game. The company truly believes this to be a game changer in terms of making golf specific athletic training which practically every professional on the various tours have in their day to day routines totally accessible and understandable to golfers from all walks of life.

As mentioned this is a 6-week program, in which the user goes through 18 total training sessions at 3 per week with each lasting 45 minutes. A pretty cool factor is that all the necessary workout materials are included as opposed to what some other programs out there do in forcing all parts to be purchased separately.

For this review, I will be going through the entire 6-week course and updating throughout the experience within this thread and having that culminate in a formal homepage review. After all, how are you supposed to be able to analyze something if you don’t experience it? I am 100% committing myself to this one for a variety of reasons, and for those of you who don’t know me I will follow up this post with another telling about me as well as my goals/hopes entering into the SKLZ Golf Strong program.

Program Thoughts and Updates:
Seeing as this is definitely a totally new and unique review type/aspect for THP, I think it will be nice to be able to have a centralized location in the OP for me to go back and provide links to my updated throughout the 6 week program. All links will be posted below for ease of access.

Introduction: Click HERE
Workout #1 - Phase #1 "Distance": Click HERE
Workout #2 - Phase #1 "Accuracy": Click HERE
Week #2 - Phase #1 Recap: Click HERE

About SKLZ “Golf Strong”:

Golf Strong is a 6-week performance training program developed by SKLZ for golfers to improve their game through at-home video workouts. The program focuses on improving a golfer’s distance, accuracy and flexibility. Golf Strong training sessions can be completed 3 times-a-week, under 45 minutes-a-day and are provided on DVD and accessible online.
Golf Strong features Anna Nordqvist and PGA Tour Player Tony Finau with Mark Verstegen, President and Founder of EXOS, the leader of performance programs for pro athletes. The Golf Strong kit includes this 2-DVD program and the required SKLZ performance products, and is available for $164.99 at SKLZ.com.

Features:
  • Helps build the strength and flexibility needed to increase club head speed and add measurable distance and accuracy
  • Improves your swing performance while helping to reduce the common aches and pains associated with golf
  • Train at home and follow along with professional golfers Tony Finau and Anna Nordqvist
  • Six-week program comes with everything you need to improve your game and lower your handicap
GolfStrong_Product-L.jpg

Videos:

Anna Nordqvist on the "Golf Strong" Program

Tony Finau - Distance

Anna Nordqvist - Accuracy

In-Hand Images:

DSC_0853-XL.jpg

DSC_0856-XL.jpg

DSC_0875-XL.jpg

DSC_0877-XL.jpg

DSC_0878-XL.jpg

DSC_0879-XL.jpg

DSC_0871-XL.jpg

DSC_0858-XL.jpg

DSC_0859-XL.jpg

DSC_0863-XL.jpg

DSC_0866-XL.jpg

DSC_0862-XL.jpg

DSC_0867-XL.jpg

DSC_0870-XL.jpg

Last edited:
  • Staff
OK, so, as I mentioned above most here know be but if not given the nature of this review I wanted to give some background on myself as well as my goals going through the Golf Strong program.

I'm a 32 year old HS teacher and Boys Golf Coach in Oklahoma, but my real job is here on THP as a Staff Writer. For years I coached football, track, and wrestling as well so there is a long history of athletics in my past. I actually didn't begin golfing with true intent and focus towards the game until 6 years ago, which coincided with when I found THP.

All that said, I have managed to become a pretty decent player on my own and simply by golfing alone, along that time there has been some ups and downs physically (i.e. weight) and while I have always known that getting into a true golf centric fitness program could be a massive boon to my game and physical fitness in general. I'm a pretty strong player by nature and don't lack speed, but in recent years I have definitely noticed the disappearance of flexibility I once had. Add to that I am currently on the mission to drop even more lbs, there is much potential here with me outside of golf as well.

My major goal here is to improve that flexibility, but to do so in a manner which is focused on improving it for my golf game. The Golf Strong program from SKLZ claims distance and accuracy improvement through their specialized training programs so that will obviously be a focus of mine, but alongside that I aim to keep an eye on how I feel physically in general when going out on the course and range.

Last edited:
This looks very intriguing. Definitely excited to hear more on your thoughts!

This has my interest. I have seen some threads where you were trying to improve your fitness, so I am sure when this came up you were excited. Cant wait to hear your thoughts.

This is definitely something I'm looking forward to following along with. This could be a fantastic fitness option for me.

I am going to be following this one with interest, and I will be curious to see if there are any unexpected bonuses with regards to how your body adapts to this training

I know it is golf specific but if it can help with some weight loss as well that is a nice thing to see

Very cool, love a golf specific fitness program and it appears they are simplifying it with what is included in purchase, etc.

I'm specifically interested in flexibility since it's an area I struggle with. Looking forward to it James, I know you'll do a tremendous review on this one.

On pretty set on my golf workout equipment, but this is pretty cool.

• Staff
Second post updated with a little bit about me. As soon as the kit is in hand I'll have added pictures into the first post and will get this rolling immediately.

Sounds like something I could certainly use. Will be very interested in your thoughts James.

On pretty set on my golf workout equipment, but this is pretty cool.

Honestly, the thing that catches my eye with this one is that it isn't just equipment, its a focused plan/regimen to follow in coordination with the equipment. For someone who doesn't have any gear, the fact that you get EVERYTHING here is pretty appealing.

I've been looking for a workout routine that's more golf centric, this sounds like the perfect option, can't wait to follow along.

Definitely one I'm going to follow, as I'd love to pick up a few yards this year off the tee while getting into better shape.

Honestly, the thing that catches my eye with this one is that it isn't just equipment, its a focused plan/regimen to follow in coordination with the equipment. For someone who doesn't have any gear, the fact that you get EVERYTHING here is pretty appealing.

I do like the fact that everything you need is included so you know up front that the cost you are paying covers all the equipment unlike some fitness programmes where you buy the instructional information and then find you have to purchase various other items at an extra cost

I could potentially see this helping not only my golf game, but also my badminton game with the increased strength and flexibility

This looks fantastic. I think I will incorporate the exercises into my routine.

Will be curious to see how you end up liking this. Price seems high at first but if the material and actual program is good I think it'll be worth it. Having a routine and everything put in place is nice. Hope you like it and follow through to see some sweet results.

I was about to get started with the original P90X again, but I may give this a shot.

This sounds really good. There haven't been many "golf centric" workout programs out there that I have come across (outside of Joey D), and the ones I could find locally are big money ($300/mo!!). This really has my attention as I could stand to lose some lb's and gain some strength and flexibility. Best of luck James

This is something that really intrigues me. Skills could have a winner on there hands here.

I'm very interested in this. Finding a strengthening/flexibility workout has been on my to do list for a while now, mostly for golf but the benefits definitely don't stop there.

Looking forward to following along and hearing if you get some of that flexibility back.

This is super intriguing. If you see solid results I would be very interested in this. I'm a big proponent of the gym, but golf specific would be even better

Considering we often pay more than this for golf clubs or accessories, it's a no brainer and a great price for all that is offered. I've been looking into something to help me strengthen my core and increase flexibility & this looks like it fits the bill.

I'll be following along to see how the results shake out.

This is super intriguing. If you see solid results I would be very interested in this. I'm a big proponent of the gym, but golf specific would be even better

Yeah, you know my disdain for the gym (when it comes to lifting) and why, so that makes this THAT much more intriguing to me. Some serious names behind it too, EXOS is CRAZY legit.

Yeah, you know my disdain for the gym (when it comes to lifting) and why, so that makes this THAT much more intriguing to me. Some serious names behind it too, EXOS is CRAZY legit.

Absolutely. I am fascinated by this, and putting it in an affordable package is awesome.

Back