SKLZ "Golf Strong" Program - THP Review

Week 3 phase 1 Distance is in the books. Will do accuracy on Friday and then wrap up phase 1 on Sunday. Then on to phase 2. Let's do this! Loving how I feel the next day after doing it. Can really tell what muscles where worked.

57bc8a72c6804ddd6e939af42f7305f4.jpg

This is just for Tapatalk.

I am still reading along so keep up those thoughts! Really think this is something I could invest in down the road.

I go to do Accuracy Phase 2 today, and my Xbox One won't play the disc. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

57bc8a72c6804ddd6e939af42f7305f4.jpg

This is just for Tapatalk.

I am still reading along so keep up those thoughts! Really think this is something I could invest in down the road.

Question for those with the program:

The exercise shown on the box (I think on TPI they called them "wood choppers" when the cable was attached up high and they started by pulling down and across); how many repetitions & sets do you do?

Question for those with the program:

The exercise shown on the box (I think on TPI they called them "wood choppers" when the cable was attached up high and they started by pulling down and across); how many repetitions & sets do you do?
Always 3 sets on a rotation, reps aren't set, just as many as you can get while doing it correctly. I've added reps each time through phase 1.

I might really have to get this sooner than planned. Swinging at the golf store and I b would really like to add some SS to my game.

I could stand to lose some lbs as well. Haha

Week 3 phase 1 Accuracy is done. Moving on to Week 3 phase 1 flexibility tomorrow. Then on to phase 2 week 1. One leg stability is a lot better.

Got my DVD player situation squared away and knocked out Accuracy Phase 2 tonight. IMO it's the toughest of the workouts so far so I'm interested to hear what everyone else thinks once they get to it!

Started week 5 tonight. My back was a little tight from the range session/lesson earlier but once I got warmed up I really pushed myself. I'm either going to start mixing in the classic P90X Plyometrics and Interval X workouts or I'm going to see what else Exos has to offer. I'm pleased with Golf Strong but I wish it was a longer program!

Last edited:
Old Man Report --

1st workout -- 15 minutes distance
2nd workout -- remaining 30 minutes

This workout kicks Joey D's Butt... and mine.

Slight lower body and butt soreness. Bending down to get a ball out of the cup is painful.

Today is accuracy.

Last edited:
Picked this up after reading this thread, received it last Friday did my first workout Sunday, legs and abs were pretty sore the next day, did Accuracy yesterday and again legs are pretty sore, not enough that I couldn't play if I wanted but enough to know I'm doing more work than usual. Really looking forward to see the effects of this on my golf game!

Started week 5 tonight. My back was a little tight from the range session/lesson earlier but once I got warmed up I really pushed myself. I'm either going to start mixing in the classic P90X Plyometrics and Interval X workouts or I'm going to see what else Exos has to offer. I'm pleased with Golf Strong but I wish it was a longer program!

Mr. Hicksta is done with Golf Strong and courtesy of the TBH Marketplace has passed it along to me. It should be here in a couple of days and I'll take up the mantle!

So after meeting with SKLZ, reading through the whole thread again and discussing the workout and some of the success stories im definitely interested in this one.

As an older guy, I may have a different outlook. After 3 weeks, I am enjoying the program and benefits -- it has led to increased confidence, energy, and feel as if I am able to perform my swing more efficiently. My goal is to do about 1/2 the program each time and then hit the Assault Bike and kettlebells, and then do the other half the next day. I've picked up speed since beginning the program. I will know more about specifics when I take a lesson and collect a few stats.

Thanks for the thread!

I receive mine tomorrow but will be out of town until Thursday. I'll post updates as this will be good for my #TheGauntlet prep. I have a decent game but could use more power, hoping this will help me get a few more yards off the tee. Can't ever hurt to be in better shape as well.

#TeamStripeShow
#gettingoldersucks

Day 1 yesterday. A bit sore today but not too bad. Looking forward to tomorrow. Like some here have said, the movements are easier the second go around. I'm liking it so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought I would check in and see if anyone has completed the program and what the final thoughts are? Do you feel it has helped improve your game? I got sidetracked by life and haven't picked this back up but am curious how others experience has been.

I thought I would check in and see if anyone has completed the program and what the final thoughts are? Do you feel it has helped improve your game? I got sidetracked by life and haven't picked this back up but am curious how others experience has been.
Hey kev, I've completed it and actually started through it again. I need to do a massive update as life got in the way for a bit but I managed to keep going through the workouts. I've actually started on the formal write up and hope to have it ready to go up soon.

Ill be totally honest, I'm a big fan, but this is the type of program and exercise I'd been looking for, for a very long time, golf-centric is huge to me. It's not overly difficult, but you can make it more and more difficult based on your bands and that is another big benefit to me, it meshes well with a ton of needs, from absolute beginners in terms of working out, to the likes of Tony Finau, the movements are proven to be effective.

Its truly good stuff.

I'm like JMan - behind in my updating. I've been on it a week or two, and missed a day or so in there so it wasn't as regular as I'd like. trying to get going again. but it's good. really good. it's not impossible to do (I'm 51 and a runner but not a big athlete type). the core muscles that golf uses are regularly used (to say the least!). it's well worth it, I think. more reports to come.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I really need to get this worked in to a routine again.

For those of you that have done this and the exercises from "Fix Your Body, Fix Your Swing", how do the exercises/programs compare? I like the Joey D program, but am still considering this program as well and was just curious as to perceived pros/cons of each.

If anyone is interested in a 20% promo code DM me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking this needs to go on my xmas list!!!

I picked this up last May and conveniently haven't touched it since (I have a pile of excuses for not using it yet).

I've been doing PT on my knees over the last few months and I need to add in some non-PT days just to break up the monotony. Time to break this bad boy out :)

I have it and have been meaning to put it up over on the Classifieds. If someone is looking to pick it up as a deal send me a PM. It's in great shape. Just didn't use it much (like most of my golf gadgets and gizmos, books and stuff).

Back