Evolve Golf Epoch S3 Tee Review

especially if you use a 10 or 10.5 driver
Ive read that same thing. I started teeing it lower to fight the super high ball flight.

I see that these come in 2 3/4 inch and 3 1/4 inch selections. Are the position lines the same on each to have the same ball height and the longer one just sticks farther in the ground or are they 2 different heights?
I only had the 2 3/4 inch tees Dirt so I can't say for 100% sure but looking at their Sweet Spot System just now it doesn't talk about tee height so I'm assuming that you're right, the longer just sticks further into the ground. That makes sense, then you're still getting the same actual height on your ball, just more tee into the ground.

I'm slowly learning this. Same goes for my 3w, which I tee pretty low (but no low enough sometimes). It just feels weird to tee it low, but it appears that the results are worth it.

You should be seeing them in stores closer to 10/15.

Ive had to have others do my OEM'ing for me when it comes to these tees, so they may not find them at all. Dicks and GG dont carry them and thats about all there is in my area.

Yeah Dicks and a local shop are all I have around here (and that's a 45 min drive) but I didn't see any Evolve gear at all so online looks to be the way to go.

I only had the 2 3/4 inch tees Dirt so I can't say for 100% sure but looking at their Sweet Spot System just now it doesn't talk about tee height so I'm assuming that you're right, the longer just sticks further into the ground. That makes sense, then you're still getting the same actual height on your ball, just more tee into the ground.

I figured it would all be the same because of their Sweet Spot System as well. I guess my main confusion is why they'd produce 2 different lengths that they want you to tee at the same height. Usually those that buy the long tees like to put the ball a little higher and this would defeat the purpose if golfers actually followed the Sweet Spot System.

Alas, my driver is too old to be in their Sweet Spot system calculator. I guess that means I should buy a new driver, right? ;-)

I've had a lot of the same problems with plastic tees as P4B mentioned. I found some wooden ones that are quite durable but I'm going to give these a try. I love the sweet spot system. I do think about tee height often and this helps me with a better starting point than just guessing. Awesome review.

I figured it would all be the same because of their Sweet Spot System as well. I guess my main confusion is why they'd produce 2 different lengths that they want you to tee at the same height. Usually those that buy the long tees like to put the ball a little higher and this would defeat the purpose if golfers actually followed the Sweet Spot System.

The two different lengths, 3 1/4" and 2 3/4", accommodate an individuals insertion depth preference. Some golfers prefer to use a 3 1/4" when conditions are wet or when the tee box soil is loose. You can see that the S3 marks are identical between the 3 1/4" Epoch-S3 and the 2 3/4" Epoch-S3.

Epoch-S3325and275.jpg

That makes sense to me, thanks. I guess I haven't encountered the conditions to need the extra stability yet.

I stopped by my buddies 9 hole course today as I was going home early from work to just BS with him as it was cold and windy , and I mentioned why he didn't use the Epoch Tees because I really like them , and he said he wished they would stop making plastic tees as they mess up his reel mowers as they nick the blades and will also jam the reel mowers and cause major problems !

So I may just go back to long wooden tees just for saving the equipment on all the courses I play, even though I like these tees .

I love these tees Just started using them this weekend dialed in the height and was crushing the sweet spot on the driver 10 of 14 Fairways. Only one for the whole round,. Gotta love them.

So I am trying out the sweet spot system for the epoch tees. I am confused about the loft adjustment. I would assume the standard would be 10.5*. If I have a 12* driver, how do I estimate the position if it only provides a max .5* adjustment position. Or am I way off and it means something else. Thanks in advance.

Its been 3 years since this thread was mentioned.. Is anyone out there still using these tees and are you still having favorable results with them?

So I am trying out the sweet spot system for the epoch tees. I am confused about the loft adjustment. I would assume the standard would be 10.5*. If I have a 12* driver, how do I estimate the position if it only provides a max .5* adjustment position. Or am I way off and it means something else. Thanks in advance.

I would go with the .5 increase and go from there. When in doubt, trial and error method.

On another note, that little calculator is quite handy. I didn't realize that I teed the ball up a little too high, which might explain why I tend to catch things a little high on the face.

Back