What is the most important piece of equipment in your bag?

Six4three5

Tour Star...Layin' Up!
Reaction score
Handicap
2.5 GHIN
Just out of curiosity for other THPers. I was wondering what the most important piece of equipment is in your bag?

For me personally it's wedges. I have to be comfortable with the way the wedge looks, feels, grind options that I've gotten used to. I know it's probably mental but wedges are in my opinion are so personal and it's something I need to be comfort with to game them. So I ask THP what's the most important equipment in your bag? Is it the driver? irons? wedges? putter? golf ball? rangefinder/gps?

Wedges for me too

I will say driver but that also includes my mini driver.

Getting off the tee is absolutely crucial for me to have success on the course.

Putter. When it's not working, you can give up a lot of shots in a short amount of time. Or you can save a hole with a money putt.

Garmin GPS watch by far. Without it I have no idea what my yardage is which by extension then which club to grab. Plus it's the only thing I can guarantee is correct on every shot I take. See handicap...

I would say putter...I have played multiple irons, wedges, fairway woods and drivers and have been able to adapt. There really is only one style of putter I can get along with and when I am scoring well its 95% because of my putting.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I am with Alex in saying it is the putter. Lots of shots can be gained or lost with the flatstick.

Driver...I'm the most mental with my driver and having one I am confident with is huge for me.

I'd have to say wedges since I still miss a ton of greens.

GPS, I need my distance.

My medication.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Most important - right now I'm going to say the #3Hybrid. It's the fairway-finder for me, and I can rely on it (at the moment). Long term I'm probably going to go with wedges because they get me out of trouble.

I would say wedges for me. I completely admit to being mental when it comes to the type of grind and the feel in deciding whether I like a wedge.

Wedges. I have to like the looks, the way they feel and sounds. I have always stuck to 2-3 brands since I started playing golf.

Wedges are pretty important but I think putter for me.

I'm going with Driver...Just seems like when the Driver is on point everything else usually follows suit for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say it's my 54 degree wedge, it's the go to from 100 yds and in and around the greens it's extremely flexible.

GPS. Not a total game changer, but it makes you much faster.

My medication.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

If I said my flask filled with the appropriate beverage, would that qualify???

For me its driver

Most important? Probably the putter. Most fun? Driver!

My putter its the club we all use the most.

The driver. I need to get off the tee well to play well.

Golf ball. Only thing that's used every shot.

Back