Spam. No, not that kind!

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Having a mom who was born and raised in Honolulu, we ate Spam and rice a LOT while growing up. We still have it once a month or so. PLUS, the more Spam gets sold, the better for me because Hormel is one of our biggest customers!

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/29301750/?GT1=43001

(Spam is even served at McDonald's for breakfast in Hawai'i)

I think this was my favorite line in the article:

"You can do anything with it," says Corum. "Well, almost anything. You just can't make a dessert with it. I tried to make a Spam cake once and it was just terrible."

The rice would be good (I love rice!), dunno about the spam though.

Love me some Spam. I've got a can of it in the cabinet that I keep forgetting that it's in there. I like to use it in place of ham or bacon for breakfast. Sometimes I'll just fry it up, toast some bread, add a little cheese and have be a snack. The wife doesn't care for it but that's ok because that just means there's more for me. :alien2:

Ive had spam fried rice and teriyaki spam when I was in Hawaii, its pretty tasty. It is pretty big out here by the naval bases too. One of my suppliers always has a couple of pallets he is moving around whenever I go out there.

Spam Fried rice is excellent. So is grilled spam and cheese. I lived on that years ago in college.

I love spam also, just not sure it is real healthy but hey, what is? We went to Hawaii on honeymoon and I thought is was funny to see it at McDonalds until I relized they eat it alot there because of lack of other meat.

I have never tried it... doesn't look very appealing

I have never tried it... doesn't look very appealing

Once again, it's something you have to try. It's very good and it tastes like ham. Even smells that way when it's cooking. Once you get past the look of it in the package (was going to say can but that just sounded wrong) it's quite good.

Once again, it's something you have to try. It's very good and it tastes like ham. Even smells that way when it's cooking. Once you get past the look of it in the package (was going to say can but that just sounded wrong) it's quite good.

what exactly is SPAM?

what exactly is SPAM?

It's SPAM. :laugh: I have no idea what it really is but it smells like ham and tastes like ham (well I think so atleast). So it must be ham right? :confused2:

From Wikipedia:
Don't open if you don't want to know what is in Spam:D
Spoiler
Spam (food)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
This article is about the canned meat product. For other uses, see Spam.
Spam
Created by Hormel Foods Corporation
Time created 1937
Type of Food Processed meat
Website The Official Spam Web Site
Food portal

Spam is a canned precooked meat product made by the Hormel Foods Corporation. The labeled ingredients in the classic variety of Spam are: chopped pork shoulder meat with ham meat added, salt, water, sugar, and sodium nitrite to help keep its color. Spam's gelatinous glaze, or aspic, forms from the cooling of meat stock.[1] The product has become part of many jokes and urban legends about mystery meat, which has made it part of pop culture and folklore.

I never knew there were different varieties of SPAM
Varieties of Spam vary by region and include Spam Classic, Spam Hot & Spicy, Spam Less Sodium, Spam Lite, Spam Oven Roasted Turkey, Hickory Smoked, and Spam Spread.[2]

From Wikipedia:
Spoiler

Wow, I need to try some of these new ones!

Smallie, I can't imagine Spam cake, but maybe some variation of mince meat pie?

We all have to remember that we're talking about meat in loaf form, so we all know what's coming.

Spoiler
There--did I ward it off?

what exactly is SPAM?

Lips and asses.

I don't like the meat, but I like to suck the yellowish gelatinous substance out of the can through a straw. Same with Vienna Sausages.

Lips and asses.

I don't like the meat, but I like to suck the yellowish gelatinous substance out of the can through a straw. Same with Vienna Sausages.

eeeewwwwwwwwwww

From Wikipedia:
Spoiler

MO is right. Harry is kinda right (ass is where Ham comes from) but I am not sure what he means by lips!

Then my work here is done!

You guys didn't really think I do that, right?

We know the correct answer is "no", but it's more fun to picture you doing it! LOL

spam masubi :banana:

Back