Chevon World Challenge

Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
I've been watching the Chevron World Challenge a little bit. I see the Tiger Woods Foundation is a sponsor, but I don't see Tiger in the field. Is he not well? Swine flu maybe? Maybe his knee is bothering him?

Kevin

His doctors have highly suggested he not travel, so he withdrew from the tournament and will not be making an appearance.

I hope it doesn't rain on Sunday, we have tickets to go see it. And now that Tiger won't be there, there won't be as many people (hopfully??) so I'll be able to roam amongst the players more efficiently :)

Tiger has the swine flu? First an accident and now the swine flu? That guy just can't catch a break these days.

I've been watching the Chevron World Challenge a little bit. I see the Tiger Woods Foundation is a sponsor, but I don't see Tiger in the field. Is he not well? Swine flu maybe? Maybe his knee is bothering him?

Kevin

Jokes?

I thought that Tiger had announced he wasn't playing at all for the rest of the year.

40% chance of rain on Sunday, the last day of the tourny, so if it rains, will it still go on? Just wondering because we have tickets. I can always wear my rain gear and bring an umbrella, but would like to know if they're still going to be playing :confused2:

I've actually never been to one yet, do they have stuff for sale? Can you meet and get autographs from the players afterwards? We can't take pictures because camera are not allowed :(

I thought that Tiger had announced he wasn't playing at all for the rest of the year.
Thats what Ive read too, he is taking time off to recover from his injuries from his car accident.
No doubt he is also trying to lay low until the pressure from the media lets up too.

Poulter sure didn't dress like himself today. Pretty conservative for him.

I have the imagination that Padraig had on those last few holes. Yet, I dont have anywhere near that amount of luck. He's the guy I want to see bring home the bacon.

Bacon? hehe

It always goes back to bacon.

Wasn't an intentional bacon-jacking. just kinda happened ;)

Clearly Justin Leonard is distraught over Nike teammate Tiger Wood's current predicament. Otherwise I can't explain his completely crappy play. :at-wits-end:

It was a nice way to come on the air: a hole-out eagle on a par 4 by Cink; then they showed Stricker do the same thing on the same hole, the group ahead of Cink; and a double-eagle on a par 5 by Villegas.

I'm on my way home from there. It was cold and now the sun is coming out. This was my first time at a pga event. Had a blast and met Anthony Kim and Kenny Perry and got their signatures. We were on the 8th hole and 9th tee. Very fun time and I got a Lija shirt for $15 from their pro shop! And a got a Sherwood Country Club golf ball to start my collection of golf balls from nice places.

I like Ian Poulter's pants and I like his sweater, but I don't like them together.

I like Ian Poulter's pants and I like his sweater, but I don't like them together.

Thats what Liz thought. I likes the sweater until I saw the Mutual of Omaha logo. No problem with them, it just looked to big or out of place or something.

Could be an interesting ruling for Westwood right here.

You don't see that very often where you can all but drop on the green. seems like years ago I saw someone who was actually able to drop on the green, not just on the fringe.

I watched the tourney while at the gym this afternoon. Glad to see him win again!
Spoiler
Congrats to Jim Furyk!

Tried to watch it today, but football was more interesting. Seems after the FedEx Cup was over I am just having a hard time watching golf on TV.

They were firing at the pins all day. You almost wondered if you'd see another one go in before it was all over.

Furyk was on fire yesterday. Every aspect of his game looked fantastic. Really glad to see him win again.

Did anyone notice that the 2 players battling for the win (Furyk, Westwood) were both wearing Tiger's traditional Sunday outfit (red shirt, black pants)? Very interesting...

Back