Orlando Area in August?

Waldorf is awesome. I did a course review back in May.

I'd love to play either of them, never have so I'm liking that idea.

They're about the same distance for me. What kind of tolls are there on the 429?

Looks like its about 15 minutes.

Not sure how fast you drive. Google maps told me around 30 minutes :)

I could probably do it in 15 without cops or traffic. Hehe

Let's start buttoning this up.

Southern Dunes
Waldorf Astoria
Celebration

Do we call all three and see what they're willing to do for us, if anything? Based off 12 people and hope a couple extra decide to join in? As much as it pains me, I doubt Pete is going to travel and risk his wrist for Florida golf. I've moved people that haven't posted recently to the bottom of the list, along with Jeff since he hasn't posted at all and I just added his name because he should go.

Let's start buttoning this up.

Southern Dunes
Waldorf Astoria
Celebration

Do we call all three and see what they're willing to do for us, if anything? Based off 12 people and hope a couple extra decide to join in? As much as it pains me, I doubt Pete is going to travel and risk his wrist for Florida golf. I've moved people that haven't posted recently to the bottom of the list, along with Jeff since he hasn't posted at all and I just added his name because he should go.

I would think calling is the way to go, I'm not to optimistic about the Waldorf though as far as getting a deal goes. Maybe try Grand Cypress too. I think Celebration and Southern Dunes might give the best deal but honestly I'm not trying to sound snobbish but I don't care too much what the cost is I think it will be fun to get a bunch of guys together on a real nice course.

Is Mission Inn out of the mix? I thought it was mentioned as a possibility earlier. I'm good anywhere. Don't care about price. Someone want to call Bay Hill? :)

Is Mission Inn out of the mix? I thought it was mentioned as a possibility earlier. I'm good anywhere. Don't care about price. Someone want to call Bay Hill? :)
I think you have to stay at Bay Hill to play there. Mission Inn sounds good too

I would play bay hill. Not sure if they offer rounds only. They do have this bucket list stay and play package going on. Mission Inn would be great too, only El Campeon though.

If playing the famous Bay Hill golf course at Arnold Palmer’s Bay Hill Club & Lodge has always been on your bucket list, now is the time to make it happen! Playing where the PGA TOUR plays just got easier with the Bay Hill Bucket List Package which includes:

comfortable overnight accommodations in The Lodge at Bay Hill
full breakfast
choice of: one round of championship golf or a soothing spa treatment
Guests also receive the trademark umbrella logo pin which is the symbol of the Palmer brand around the world and a special keepsake gift upon check-in. The Bucket List Package is offered from $179-$275 per person, per night based on double occupancy (pricing varies with seasonality), making it surprisingly affordable to plan your trip to this legendary venue that tops so many bucket lists for both the avid and weekend golfer. Reservations can be made by calling (888) 422-9445 or online at Bay Hill Reservations. (Applicable taxes not included.)

Too rich for my blood. I'd like to keep it under $75, I've got had and hotel costs to consider.

I hear ya. And heat of summer, a round shouldn't cost that much.

If I get some time tomorrow I'll try and put a call or two out there.

I did the bay hill bucket list last year and played with a local who just called up and got on and said he does it a few times a year.

I've got emails in to Kevin at Southern Dunes, and Mission Inn so far.

Got an email from Grand Cypress today. They are running a 2 for $79 or 1 for $79 unlimited play through September 30th.

8349D2C3-C0DD-CDD9-2CAA1A117BE161ED.JPG

[h=2]18 Holes 2 "Fore" $79[/h]Grab a friend and enjoy 18 holes of unforgettable golf for only $79. With 45 holes of Jack Nicklaus Signature-Designed golf to choose from, your only problem is deciding on the course. This offer is available through September 30, 2014.

That's not a bad deal if we can get everyone on the same 9s. Celebration is about that price, too, and includes lunch.

That's great for $40 each

That's not a bad deal if we can get everyone on the same 9s. Celebration is about that price, too, and includes lunch.

Great deal, did we tighten the list up?

I am definitely down if we can keep it in that price range. 2 small kids at home and the wife is changing jobs in a week.

I moved you to the confirmed section, that puts us at 8 that have essentially said the 23rd works for them. Speedliner will be in Orlando on vacation for that weekend, but haven't heard if he'll be able to get away. jhstew hasn't said if he's going to come up, I think he needed to juggle some things. And Jeff, well you know Jeff doesn't post.

I am definitely down if we can keep it in that price range. 2 small kids at home and the wife is changing jobs in a week.

And Mongo sneaks in while I'm typing. I'll add you to the list making 9.

Grand Cypress new course appears to be aerated that weekend, I would double check that, and the availability of n/s tee times.

Celebration is only 40 for residents with lunch on golfnow, I bet they will match that for us.

I'm all for Mission Inn, but that is going to be a haul for some folks as well.

Grand Cypress new course appears to be aerated that weekend, I would double check that, and the availability of n/s tee times.

Celebration is only 40 for residents with lunch on golfnow, I bet they will match that for us.

I'm all for Mission Inn, but that is going to be a haul for some folks as well.

That is their normal rate at the course as well. Just played there a couple weeks ago. Lunch was very good as well. You get the entree and side for free, drinks are more. Also range balls included. Course was in fantastic condition too. That gets my vote for sure.

I moved you to the confirmed section, that puts us at 8 that have essentially said the 23rd works for them. Speedliner will be in Orlando on vacation for that weekend, but haven't heard if he'll be able to get away. jhstew hasn't said if he's going to come up, I think he needed to juggle some things. And Jeff, well you know Jeff doesn't post.

I cannot make it due to some Event at my Son's school & I cannot skip it :at-wits-end:

Back