adjustable clubs and the 14 club rule

majBC

Reaction score
I realize there is a rule that you can't change a club during a round of golf, but I have the X-Hot driver and it can only be adjusted to three different settings. So do you think it will ever be legal or should be legal to use all three settings during a round as long as you have only 11 other clubs in your bag?

Just interested what others think.

I realize there is a rule that you can't change s club during a round of golf, but I have the X-Hot driver and it can only be adjusted to three different settings. So do you think it will ever be legal or should be legal to use all three settings during a round as long as you have only 11 other clubs in your bag?

Changing adjustable clubs during a round is not allowed, and I don't see that changing.

4-2. Playing Characteristics Changed And Foreign Material

a. Playing Characteristics Changed

During a stipulated round, the playing characteristics of a club must not be purposely changed by adjustment or by any other means.

I don't see it happening either.

I realize there is a rule that you can't change s club during a round of golf, but I have the X-Hot driver and it can only be adjusted to three different settings. So do you think it will ever be legal or should be legal to use all three settings during a round as long as you have only 11 other clubs in your bag?

I believe it is against the rules to "adjust" the club to a different setting during a round.

Based on what I have seen with ideas of rules changes, I'd say no way they allow it be altered during play ...

My reasoning is that it would be legal to have three different X-Hot drivers in your bag with 11 other clubs and all this would be doing would be saving space in your bag and money.

My reasoning is that it would be legal to have three different X-Hot drivers in your bag with 11 other clubs and all this would be doing would be saving space in your bag and money.

We are amateurs man. Why not carry 14 clubs and adjust the clubs as you want when you wanted? Rules are rules for those that need to follow them.

They are not worried about you saving money or space in your bag, but the other millions who would start adjusting their clubs and having to try and oversee that in a round of golf.

Don't ever see them allowing that. Make the adjustment you need while on the range. I agree if they allow 14 why not carry all 14 and have your bag setup to what you need to be successful even if that means having some extra clubs at the house to handle different playing conditions/course types. Low/High/Reg bounce on wedges depending on the course/sand.

Yes it is illegal to adjust the club during a round. But dude, if you're paying green fees and just out there having fun then adjust a way. Unless you're playing in a tournament do w/e you want. We're not professional golfers.

Ugh. How much worse would pace of play get off everyone decided to adjust their driver or woods before teeing off from every hole.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Had no idea about this. I just learned about the 14 club rule on here but I thought I could have two drivers to choose from while playing? Well I guess......I'll still play it like so why? Because the golf cops aren't as fast as me on the course. :secret:

Interesting stuff though!

Edit: This means two separate drivers too? I just read this again and got it confused I think?

I realize there is a rule that you can't change a club during a round of golf, but I have the X-Hot driver and it can only be adjusted to three different settings. So do you think it will ever be legal or should be legal to use all three settings during a round as long as you have only 11 other clubs in your bag?

I hope not..........

No way.

I could only imagine how tiresome it would get to have a foursome all adjusting their drivers on a tee box to fit the hole shape.

Edit: This means two separate drivers too? I just read this again and got it confused I think?

I think I see what you're asking...you could carry 14 drivers if you want to, but you couldn't carry any other clubs. Phil has carried 2 drivers at times.

But yeah, for a round that isn't tournament play? Knock yourself out.

no way that would limit the # of other clubs ie wedges which would hurt my score

Back