Cleveland Golf - Welcome to the 2014 Morgan Cup

Shout out to WardF for a last minute clothes swap. Thanks so much brother.

A perfect trade my friend--we now are both in the optimal sizes :) Time to rep some Cleveland/Srixon and Bobby Jones in style!

Bumping this thread to give some love to Srixon and Bobby Jones today. The clothes got a ton of compliments both from folks on the range and some friends back home. The clubs, while I can't say much more, are AWESOME. What try were able to pull off for us was nothing short of incredible.

The clubs I can talk about - 588 fairway and hybrid, and the smart square, are also fantastic - especially the hybrid. Looking forward for their first trip to the course tomorrow.

Bumping this thread to give some love to Srixon and Bobby Jones today. The clothes got a ton of compliments both from folks on the range and some friends back home. The clubs, while I can't say much more, are AWESOME. What try were able to pull off for us was nothing short of incredible.

The clubs I can talk about - 588 fairway and hybrid, and the smart square, are also fantastic - especially the hybrid. Looking forward for their first trip to the course tomorrow.

Awesome bump. Totally true on all accounts

So proud to be a Cleveland/Srixon/Bobby Jones staffer. Everything was done right...Everything.

I kept finding myself during some delays on the course looking over and checking out the sweet bag on the back of the golf cart and then remembering that it is my bag. Nothing better than walking away from the cart for cart path only and walking back to see that beauty just sitting there waiting for me. Cleveland/Srixon and Bobby have made us the envy of many out here--I keep seeing other Non-thpers just checking out the bags when they are lined up ready to go on the carts for the rounds. Such a privilege to be here in this event.

This gear is flat out amazing. Amazing

Finally getting back in here after an awesome weekend with the Cleveland/Srixon gear. I'm ready to settle in with this gear at my club and get them grooved to me. But I like what I see so far.

I had Jeff/John Spicoli hit the bomber on Sunday night to validate what I was seeing and it only took 2 swings.

Finally getting back in here after an awesome weekend with the Cleveland/Srixon gear. I'm ready to settle in with this gear at my club and get them grooved to me. But I like what I see so far.

I had Jeff/John Spicoli hit the bomber on Sunday night to validate what I was seeing and it only took 2 swings.
Big Time I love my new clubs. Especially the bomber 9.5er. Cranked her up specs and I was hitting it great and finding fairways. Now I can't wait to get some time with these irons and really get them dialed in.

Big Time I love my new clubs. Especially the bomber 9.5er. Cranked her up specs and I was hitting it great and finding fairways. Now I can't wait to get some time with these irons and really get them dialed in.

I have pictures just itching to get off my cell phone when the time comes.

I have pictures just itching to get off my cell phone when the time comes.

Couldn't agree more man. This is some special stuff

Distance is probably 10 yards past my prior gamer. Validated when I was keeping up with Freddie Kong on Sunday off the tee!

It was an interesting ride with CGSrixon this time around. Much different than the first time - and in the end Friday solidified it being a truly memorable experience. Keith is truly a man of the people and our Staff Sponsor Day experience was more than I could have ever expected.

I agree w/ Hawk - Keith was great on Friday. What CGSrixon was able to put together for us was amazing.

Really looking forward to getting out with the clubs on a couple courses I'm familiar with. I was hitting everything great - interested to see if my distances go down a little, since there was definitely the adrenaline factor. But even if I don't have as much distance gained, I was more consistent with these than I was with my own clubs during the practice rounds. I hit the clubs really well - new fairways always take me longer to get used to than any other club, but I liked what I saw when I put a good swing on the ball. I'm also already looking for a 4h to add to the set. The 588 hybrid might as well be magic, in my opinion.

The wait on the embargo date is killing me with these knowing that you guys have hit them...

Nate, did you go with CG16 tours? Was surprised to see them in your bag pics over the weekend. Great irons.

It was an interesting ride with CGSrixon this time around. Much different than the first time - and in the end Friday solidified it being a truly memorable experience. Keith is truly a man of the people and our Staff Sponsor Day experience was more than I could have ever expected.

Interesting and amazing dude. I keep looking at my bag and thinking how we are each 1 of about 10 people on the planet who have this stuff hahaa

Cleveland Golf - Welcome to the 2014 Morgan Cup

So just a question. You all had to sign a NDA and no pics were allowed at the MC

So are you guys allowed to play with them in Public? If so How does that work, do you have to confiscate your buddies phones :

May be a dumb. Question but just curious.

Last edited:
Were allowed to play with them on the course. But we have to be safe with them and make sure no pictures are taken of them or us showing them off. I know I will take them out of my staff bag and will put them in my carrying bag so most people probably won't even know a difference. Imagine I'll throw on some different head covers.
So just a question. You all had to sign a NDA and no pics were allowed at the MC

So are you guys allowed to play with them in Public? If so How does that work, do you have to confiscate your buddies phones :

Keith was cool with it. He just said no pictures posted until the embargo is lifted. Cleveland/Srixon wants us to play them to give feedback and to post as soon as we can on the date. I know I trust the dudes I play with to respect a company as cool as Cleveland/Srixon to let me play pre-release gear :)

You know you got hooked up when Keith says "Let me see that thing. I haven't been able to check it out in person yet."

That pretty much caused my jaw to hit the floor.

You know you got hooked up when Keith says "Let me see that thing. I haven't been able to check it out in person yet."
Yea I couldn't believe that he never seen them up close. The way he said was that the Asian Cleveland/Srixon is super protective over there and we were really lucky they allowed us to have them. Just that makes it even more special. Plus him buying us cold ones was awesome to.

MikeDean's 7 iron >>>>>> my 7 iron

MikeDean's 7 iron >>>>>> my 7 iron

7-PW was money, for me to even considering parting with the Apex is just insane

Couple of things from the Staff day when Keith was there:

- These things came directly from Japan.

- Like Hawk said, Keith hadn't even seen them in person yet and was just in awe of 'em as we all were.

- 3 weeks before the MC guys from Clev/Srixon came to Keith and told them it just wasn't going to happen and we would have to go with Cleveland's current lineup. He told them no way and to make it happen. THANK YOU KEITH!!!!

- Talked to JB about the irons for a bit and the technology that is behind them is a first of it's kind. Hasn't been accomplished yet....till now.

- The Srixon staff bag is a looker.

Team, when does the NDA expire? Look forward to hearing about your experiences.

Back