The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Shot I'm really looking forward to seeing that you filmed: My tee shot on No. 14 at Caledonia. That was struck well.

Shot I'm really hoping makes the cutting room floor: My attempt in the waste bunker at No.13. Pretty certain someone will think that I had a seizure during that shot. Yikes.

My putt(s) on 8 at Caledonia during alt shot and on 3 at True Blue during singles can be trimmed if time is of the essence...

The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

I saw one of those things stand on it's hind legs and put it's paws on Mward's shoulders.

You weren't supposed to tell people about that.

I hope my tee shot on 3 makes it. There's context behind why I started waving to Mike G after contact

Also, Canadan isn't that long off the tee everyone. I mean if I can outdrive him.

That work Dan?

I saw one of those things stand on it's hind legs and put it's paws on Mward's shoulders.

Was the squirrel's back okay from leaning over that much?

YO!

I'm back in action boys! Had to drive 3 hours last night after landing in Omaha but the trip home went great. I had TONS of memories coming back and randomly would just laugh.

What an absolute whirlwind of a weekend. I get off the plan in MB, driving to the resort and all these memories come flying back at me. I got chills pulling onto the True Blue property. THEN to find out I'll be playing and not just showing up for the 10th tee announcements completely BLEW me away. I thought JB was lying to me. Then the chills and goosebumps as I realized that I'm actually going to be playing in the Morgan Cup. Oh and it's on Team Paradise, my good buddy Erik's team?!?! No effin way!

I've got so much more to add, I'll get a video put together because I'll be typing for days otherwise! Let me just say this......with everything I've been going through lately this is EXACTLY the kind of weekend I needed to pull myself out of a funk. I'll never be able to thank Josh and Morgan enough for making this possible. There's nothing better to me than being at True Blue/Caledonia with my THP family!!!!

Brotherman Jake. You being there tied it all together.

YO!

I'm back in action boys! Had to drive 3 hours last night after landing in Omaha but the trip home went great. I had TONS of memories coming back and randomly would just laugh.

What an absolute whirlwind of a weekend. I get off the plan in MB, driving to the resort and all these memories come flying back at me. I got chills pulling onto the True Blue property. THEN to find out I'll be playing and not just showing up for the 10th tee announcements completely BLEW me away. I thought JB was lying to me. Then the chills and goosebumps as I realized that I'm actually going to be playing in the Morgan Cup. Oh and it's on Team Paradise, my good buddy Erik's team?!?! No effin way!

I've got so much more to add, I'll get a video put together because I'll be typing for days otherwise! Let me just say this......with everything I've been going through lately this is EXACTLY the kind of weekend I needed to pull myself out of a funk. I'll never be able to thank Josh and Morgan enough for making this possible. There's nothing better to me than being at True Blue/Caledonia with my THP family!!!!

Thrilled to see you bud! Glad you got home safe.

I can't thank Jake enough for stepping into a bad situation and making it better. It is not an easy thing to be tossed into something like this at the last minute and Jake stepped in an did a fantastic job.

YO!

Loved seeing you again dude, we had us some laughs for sure!

Jake the circumstances for you being in the matches was just awful. But it wouldn't have been the MC without you buddy. Loved sitting back and thinking about all the years that we have been there in this crazy event.

YO!

Jake it was truly awesome to play with you Saturday afternoon. That time will be cherished by me forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YO!

Watching you and Dean walk up 18 one last time is something I will never forget. Not to mention riding with you on Sunday was a highlight for me as well.

Loved this tweet from yesterday morning

Jake it was a pleasure to finally get to meet you and play our match together on Sunday. You are one cool dude and one heck of a golfer sir.
YO!

Dang Orange Hog!! Great pics a few pages back! I will be framing that range photo!

Oh no, no I won't, framing would be small...I'll make 4 foot canvas print out of it! :D

Announcement

Coverage will be posted the week of August 25th. It will be broken down into 4 rounds and based on what we have seen so far, there is some awesome stuff.
I can't wait to watch!!!

Man that's gonna be a lot of anticipation waiting til the 25th, but I'm sure its going to be worth the wait. With so many golfers I'm sure that's a short timetable to get all that coverage around.

I'm still trying to digest everything that happened over the last weekend and still can't fully put it all together. Whenever I think I've got everything sorted out I remember 10 more things that happened that made the experience even more amazing. The list of people to thank, all of the AMAZING people I got to meet for the first time, the comradery, the ups and downs of the day one matches, the emotion of the singles matches. It's really way too much.

I'm not the most emotional person when it comes to things, but as I type this I find myself getting choked up just thinking about all of it. Ok....I'm lying, I'm sobbing like a child with a skinned knee right now. Thank God I'm at home and not at work. Mentally and physically I'm drained right now. 6-7 months ago I had no idea what this event was about, nor did I understand anything that was going on. As I was playing this weekend, it really seemed like just the most amazing golf weekend with 40 of my best friends. But today when I woke up in my own bed I realized it was so much more than that. I now get what the veterans were talking about and why people were as impassioned as they about this event.

Just so many great stories came out of this weekend. Some of them caught on film, others that weren't. Thank you Josh and Morgan for making this happen. As I told Canadan, Amart and Neb on Sunday, this is was the most amazing thing I've ever been a part of that didn't involve family or some sort of life milestone. I'd love to do a full recap, but there's still way too much left to recollect on. I will say this, this message board became a lot more than just a place to spend a couple hours a day after this.

This! Adam, I will talk much more about our singles round in length, but it was truly something special for me. Going into this weekend, I wasn't sure what to expect from you, after all, I just saw some nut job with huge chains in your intro video! (I can say that now, we're friends) After this weekend, you are my brother. I'm so glad to hear that you're taking so much away from this event and can't wait to read your recap.

This! Adam, I will talk much more about our singles round in length, but it was truly something special for me. Going into this weekend, I wasn't sure what to expect from you, after all, I just saw some nut job with huge chains in your intro video! (I can say that now, we're friends) After this weekend, you are my brother. I'm so glad to hear that you're taking so much away from this event and can't wait to read your recap.

Oh....I'm still a nut job with huge chains! Lol

I feel the same Ryan. I was looking at the poker chip last night and replayed the entire round in my head. All I could do was smile.

Question for the participants. How many of you are making a permanent switch to your MC clubs? If just a subset of them which ones?

Question for the participants. How many of you are making a permanent switch to your MC clubs? If just a subset of them which ones?

Well, nothing is permanent in my world, but...

The irons and wedges are right up my alley and are going to get a ton of use. Might consider moving to graphite in the irons eventually.

The rest needs to be analyzed a bit. Will look at numbers first. I will say that the driver performed much better than I expected it to for my swing. Fairway wood was great on the range.

For now they are all in my bag, and looking to stay there at least the rest of the year. I'm very lucky that Bridgestone is sending us staffers their next line around the beginning of next year, and then it will be a head to head match up to see what stays in the bag. I was so happy with how all of my clubs performed this weekend.

For now they are all in my bag, and looking to stay there at least the rest of the year. I'm very lucky that Bridgestone is sending us staffers their next line around the beginning of next year, and then it will be a head to head match up to see what stays in the bag. I was so happy with how all of my clubs performed this weekend.

Wait what? Did I miss something? Bridgestone is sending the staffers the next line as well?? If so that is just mind blowing how much they outdid themselves this year!

Everything but the putter right now.

Back