Help locating or building a swing aid

Chip

Reaction score
Handicap
Asking here if anyone has made/or purchased a product that i use during my golf lessons.Basically the pro devised a drill where he stands behind me holding an alignment stick slightly horizontal.He will attach a c hook device to my clubhead that slides on the alignment stick.From there I swing in slow motion down the alignment stick that he pulls back forcing me to not go ott/keep back target.Once I start pulling the club ott toward me he pulls back on the alignment stick ingraining the proper approach feel while turning lower body to the target.He calls it riding the rail, and we do this in slow motion over and over in our sessions.Almost a resistance aid to keep hands back and Lowe body Turning open.Not sure how I can recreate this device or if they sell something like this on the market?Thinkng of attaching something to a wall or suspended from a ceiling.

Suggestions or a link to a website that might sell this type of device?Appreciate any help I can get

Asking here if anyone has made/or purchased a product that i use during my golf lessons.Basically the pro devised a drill where he stands behind me holding an alignment stick slightly horizontal.He will attach a c hook device to my clubhead that slides on the alignment stick.From there I swing in slow motion down the alignment stick that he pulls back forcing me to not go ott/keep back target.Once I start pulling the club ott toward me he pulls back on the alignment stick ingraining the proper approach feel while turning lower body to the target.He calls it riding the rail, and we do this in slow motion over and over in our sessions.Almost a resistance aid to keep hands back and Lowe body Turning open.Not sure how I can recreate this device or if they sell something like this on the market?Thinkng of attaching something to a wall or suspended from a ceiling.

Suggestions or a link to a website that might sell this type of device?Appreciate any help I can get

You may be able to practice this similar feeling at home. Stand with your back to a wall, swing to the top without touching the wall, then when you start down the club head should touch the wall while you initiate the down swing with your lower body. Hope this makes sense. The video below is what I'm talking about.

https://www.instagram.com/p/-AYb7UCt1I/?taken-by=ggswingtips

Both of you are very close.Just hard to describe on here and I have no pics.He stands behind me and will pull the shaft back or sometimes will slap the shaft shallow with his hand.Almost the harder I pull down the more he pulls back so I stay shallow and not hit early. Once I turn my body he will tell me to just swing while the clubhead stays on the alignment stick.It will come off at hip high and allow me to swing freely.Apologize for the description,something i want to build or purchase so I can do on my own.If I attach to the ceiling or the wall the club will hit the brackets and stop. I'm looking for something that will let it keep going while staying on the stick or aid behind me. I saw a device you stand in that simulates it, but a little to bulky and pricey for me

Chip, I'd 2nd the 'Wall Drill' (if I understand you correctly).

Chip, I'd 2nd the 'Wall Drill' (if I understand you correctly).
I will do my best to explain what he does.My teacher is big in the hands staying up in a frozen feel.Than the body turns while you have the feeling of hands never pulling down.Makes the hands and club go out.So having something that keeps the club stay back and causing resistance from pulling down.It allows me to show two full butt cheeks at impact.The guy I take lessons is light years ahead of anything I could ever do on my own

You may be able to practice this similar feeling at home. Stand with your back to a wall, swing to the top without touching the wall, then when you start down the club head should touch the wall while you initiate the down swing with your lower body. Hope this makes sense. The video below is what I'm talking about.

https://www.instagram.com/p/-AYb7UCt1I/?taken-by=ggswingtips
do you think this drill would work for Sergio, Rickie, furyk, hunter? The back drill is a very specific drill for a very upright swing and someone that turns inside of a hoop.

do you think this drill would work for Sergio, Rickie, furyk, hunter? The back drill is a very specific drill for a very upright swing and someone that turns inside of a hoop.

This drill is actually for someone who sucks the club way inside during the takeaway, picks it up and then comes over the top.

This drill is actually for someone who sucks the club way inside during the takeaway, picks it up and then comes over the top.
Yeah I've used it for years to get guys out of flat swings

But that drill in the instagram link talks specifically about intentionally coming over the top. I understand the thinking if somebody gets stuck inside.

But that drill in the instagram link talks specifically about intentionally coming over the top. I understand the thinking if somebody gets stuck inside.

At the beginning of the video he takes the 'club' (alignment stick) back very upright. So the sequence is: upright backswing, clear the lower body, club head touches the wall (a.k.a. flattens), hands go down and out.

The over the top he is talking about is just a feeling. Hands down and out...club drops on plane.

Back