What type of putter grip do you prefer? Why?

Super Stroke 3.0. Sits in hand nicely and keeps my thumbs out of my stroke. Considering trying a Flatso, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I put a SS slim 2.0 on my SeeMore a while just to try it and love it. I like the feel and the bigger grip helps my stroke stay a bit more stable I reckon.

I am now using the Super Stroke 2.0 and loving it...makes my hands quieter through impact.

Just switched from the SS Midnight Slim 1.0 to "The Claw". I LOVE THIS GRIP! I was putting way too hard with the Midnight. The 13" Claw is perfect for me because I use a claw grip and the balance is outstanding. I'm making more 10 footers than ever.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Super Stroke 3.0. Sits in hand nicely and keeps my thumbs out of my stroke. Considering trying a Flatso, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
I currently have the 3.0 on my putter but I did the grip fitting on the SS website and came back with the Flatso Ultra 1.1. I might have to give it a try on my Seemore when it arives.

i had a salty grip.... i didn't like it its to light for me.... they are nice and more durable than i thought i just didn't like how light they were.

I prefer the SS 1.0 mainly because of the non taper. Because I use a lead hand low style this just works great for me

S.S 5.0 that is all

I love the SS 3.0. Switched about a year ago and haven't looked back since.

when I went through my fitting, they told me to stay away from the really large putter grips. Like I assume many have done, I was experimenting with the fastso grip and I did like it a lot. Then came the fitting... in spite of my gorilla hands, my setup and stroke require a thinner grip on the putter. With all the changes they made over the course of a month in various fitting sessions, I was absolutely sure that my new-to-me putter needed to be changed - after all, I had never done anything to it. As it turns out, it was a perfect fit as-is.

I'm using a standard size Winn belly grip on my 38" counterbalanced non-belly putter and I've never putt as well as I do with this setup.

I know when I did my SPi training, the pro's opinion was oversize putter grips hurt your feel during the swing. I have tried a few larger sizes but don't like them.

The beauty o the hard edges in the SPi grip. Its why I like it so much as well.

I haven't gotten a chance to try the Flatso. Do they make one that's close in size to the SS 1.0?

I think I'd be a SS 1.0 fan..may need to try one soon

I know when I did my SPi training, the pro's opinion was oversize putter grips hurt your feel during the swing. I have tried a few larger sizes but don't like them.
I think it's a give & take. My instructor asked about what grip I was using (the SS 3.0) and said something similar, but he also said the oversized grips help take your wrists out of the putting stroke more, so it's a question of which is more important. If you already effectively avoid using too much wrist hinge, or if it works for you, then a bigger grip will affect your sense of feel and distance. On the other hand, if you struggle to keep your wrists quiet, or have a tendency to deloft the putter through impact (one of my biggest sources of heartache), then a bigger grip can help with that.

I love the iomic mid, and I'm also a fan the old school basic Lamkin Crossline putter grip.

i had a salty grip.... i didn't like it its to light for me.... they are nice and more durable than i thought i just didn't like how light they were.
I've been eyeing these lately and am curious about the weight. Did they just make the head feel too heavy or were there other issues you didnt like? I can't try any out before hand is why I ask

I'm currently playing the SS Slim 3.0 and love it.

I have been playing a large grip for so long it felt very odd switching to the normal grip. I like the feel of this Lamkin 3gen on my SeeMore, but I would like to try the iLine putting grip as well as the Flatso Ultra.

I have been playing a large grip for so long it felt very odd switching to the normal grip. I like the feel of this Lamkin 3gen on my SeeMore, but I would like to try the iLine putting grip as well as the Flatso Ultra.

You would enjoy the flatso.

Currently using the SS 5.0 but looking to change it up soon to try something a bit thinner. The Iomic mid looks like it would be a nice one to try

I have really started to love this Boccieri Secret Grip.

Agree with jman, love the ping man putter grip . my bro has it on his laguna pro platinum... Love that putter.

James, with the Flatso Ultra, do you notice a change in the swing weight? I know the Ultra weights in a few ounces more than a lot of their grips, and I was curious if you feel like you lose the head when using it.

Just picked up one of these.
417zDXXA0UL._SX300_.jpg

So who has gone from a jumbo style or a SS back to a smaller, original grip style?

I always liked my SS or Jumbo style, but after putting with a Scotty in the store I think I like the pistol style grip. Seemed like I could feel the head/stroke better.

Thinking of regripping my Tank 7 with a pistol style grip, maybe a GP or Iomic.

Thoughts?

Back