driver woes......

semi

Reaction score
Handicap
I am just wondering what some of your driver swing thoughts are and looking to improve my driving. Like many, i tend to hit right and need to straighten my ball flight. I tend to get a little powerful with the arms and hands and end up cutting across.

I have tried some things, like changing my grip to a stronger grip, slowing my swing down etc... and both work okay, but i am always chasing that 280+ drive and end up arm swinging most times.

Lately i have been trying to start with my body first by moving my left shoulder FIRST which kind of allows my arms to follow. When i time it right its golden, but when its not i HOOK. Any help, any thoughts that have improved your consistency? i am working towards a repeatable swing. Also trying to keep a flatter left wrist but didn't seem to work for me. What thoughts can lead to a consistent swing?

I'm not qualifired to give swing advice. But I would advise you to post your swing in the Swing Tips section with Tadashi (Freddie Kong), he's absolutely the guy to point you in the right direction

I battled severe ott move for years and it still rears it's head once in a while. A crude fix that helped me it I put a 16oz Coke bottle (plastic) approx. 12" directly behind the ball. It forced me to come inside on downswing and has helped me dramatically.

Tie a stretchy band over top of the door or up high. Then pull the arms back at the top of the swing, held back under stretchy band load.

Next start/engage the swing with the left hip turn, turning, but not sliding fwd, a nano second later start to push off the right foot. From here the arms should drop into the slot

Pump this move. You only need to move a small amount then finally the arms start to move. Get the lower body moving first till its automatic

First off stop chasing the 280 plus drive. Second, start your down swing with the lower body. Allow the arms and shoulders to join in only after the left hip has pulled back away from the ball.

First off. I agree 100% with tadashi. Slow it down and focus on contact. But i would also look at ball position. Test out various positions and see what works for you. For me ever since i moved the ball forward to where my big toe points at the ball i have found a lot of success.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back