And you are swinging a club while watching the video? Or is it for only certain parts? Put this on possible xmas list from the wife.

Some of it yes it does incorporate a club. Some of it is positions, pressures, movements without a club, then he incorporates the club into those movements and positions as they all come together. Sometimes it makes you wonder what this "movement" is for but he always insures he will build on this movement to the days to come, in which he does.

Finished rest of chapter 3. Had some really cold and nasty weather here recently so had some time hanging around the house. Lots of repetitions and repetitive routines to finish out the chapter. Started chapter 4 and completed day 40 and 41 tonight which introduced short game movements A and B. Basically short version of the full swing. This will be very helpful when I hit balls for the first time. Really slows down the movements to get more of the feeling. Also introduced distance control. Instead of using 9 o clock, 10 o clock, 11 o clock for distance control, you use pressures already learned previously. Very interesting

I'm really considering this. Its intriguing me for some reason.

After reading everything here, I guess I'm going to go check this out.

Saw this the other day on my Facebook timeline from one of you all Liking it. Hope it works for you guys, look promising so far. There are many different ways to learn, no doubt about that!

I started this a few days ago and I'm on day 4. I am enjoying how he builds on each movement and then shows how it connects to the next move. I have done day 4 routines a couple times to really get a feel of them. The "talk" at the beginning of each lesson is a little much for but the lessons are well worth it. I think it is money well spent.

I must see the commercial for this product a dozen times a day. Gotta see what it's about.

I must see the commercial for this product a dozen times a day. Gotta see what it's about.

They seem to be running it a ton

I just started playing again last April after a 20 year layoff and I wasn't that serious then. I played about 1-2 times a week through the summer and a couple range sessions but could not get any consistency. One day I would be good and the next day Horrible! This winter seemed like the perfect time to take on a training/golf instruction program such as this. If it does nothing else but give me some insight into my swing and a way to self diagnose the days when I am horrible, then it will be worth it.

Any updates from people using this? Want to see how you are doing once you golf?
Looking at doing this or just staying with the impact bag.

Ok nobody is posting so I have to take it as this system does not deliver in the end.
It is that or it is so involved that no one can finish it.

Ok nobody is posting so I have to take it as this system does not deliver in the end.
It is that or it is so involved that no one can finish it.
In my case, I used the $$ for a golf club instead.

In my case, I used the $$ for a golf club instead.

Was it the Callaway Epic? Cause a lot of buzz going on.

I am still doing this and enjoying it for the most part. The rah rah zen stuff gets old but you can fast fwd to the meat of the lesson. This is something you have to commit to though, so if you don't have the time to spend on it, you will just blow $180.

Couple of things that stand out for me personally while doing this. One is I am not very flexible! The other is breaking down the movements in the swing practicing and building on each movement is really helping me understand the golf swing. The real revelation happens about day 8 when you see how some of the greatest golfers ever do exactly what you have been learning. So far I am happy with it look forward to going into chapter 2 where he brings in the arms and hands.

I've just gotten through Day 4 of Chapter 1. So far I like it. Very complimentary to other training I have done (Advanced Ball Striking). This chapter, as I think others have mentioned, are about body movements. I like how it improved my use of ground forces and brought some details in that ABS didn't discuss as much. I noticed an immediate impact when I took it to the course this weekend as I was striking my mid and long irons the best I have in a long time.

I'm most curious to see what the release is like and how it compares to what I have learned in ABS. I have heard others discuss it as being a body release with a bit of a hold off. That seems compatible with ABS.

A lot of people don't like the mental training aspect but so far I don't mind it. A lot like other training I have seen where imagery and target focus are used. In Tathata Golf they use the term thinking out front and energy flow forward.

If my improved ball striking continues, then it is already worth the $180.

I'm half way through and have pretty much learned the basics of the Tathata swing. Interesting that thoughts of turn, layoff, and plane go away with this method. It is all about getting deep into the ground and into the glutes, surfing with the knees, and pushing the club away from you.

The chapter on impact and pressures seems so far to be the meat of the program - learning how internal body pressures stabilize the club face and power the golf swing. It has also been the most difficult for me to adopt. This is not due to any difficulty but rather how different this part is to my ABS training. In transition, ABS wants one to increase forearm range as the club takes a free ride down into the slot. I would have an open club face as my left arm reached a position parallel to the ground as I move into impact. Tathata has one pushing the club away from the body at this point with a much more closed orientation. Very different feelings and motions that I will need to drill more on in range sessions.

All in all, I think it is a good program so far. Everything seems logical and progressive, though from the outside may seem counter intuitive. One criticism I have heard is about how the use of historical examples is pretty much cherry picking and not supported by personal testimony. The ABS program also uses a lot of historical examples and at times I find them at odds in terms of their conclusions. In the end, the use of the historical examples does provide good validation to the program.

My swing is improving through the program though I am finding adopting some of the principles challenging at times. I'm working my way through the speed and strength chapter now with short game and shot shaping chapters still to go. I have yet to video a Tathata-based swing yet but plan to do so in the next couple of weeks. It will be interesting to view the changes.

Today I completed Chapter 1 which consists of ten lessons that focus primarily on body movements (no club), stretching and mental training. Though I have some issues with the program, the biggest compliment I could pay is that I'm absolutely certain I will finish. I have learned to think of the golf swing from the feet up, which is transformational for me. When I go out to the range or course I'm trying very hard to incorporate what I've been taught.

Chapter 1 includes a lot of repetition, which makes sense if we are trying to ingrain patterns. I am a bit bothered by how many times the instructor talks about any particular part being "absolutely crucial" "vital," or "really important." Additionally, I would admit to struggling a bit on the mental training, which is more of a statement on my lack of imagination than any criticism of the program. I also have had it reaffirmed how incredibly inflexible I am. I have given each of the stretching routines an honest effort, but when I look at what I'm doing and what the three people are screen are doing, well, let's just say there's a bit of a gap there.

Overall I am satisfied and believe the lessons and supplemental materials make the cost very reasonable.

I'll provide another update when I'm done with Chapter 2.

MUTiger, I totally get what you are saying. He does get a bit repetitive at times with his wording. I have learned to not let it bother me and just work on the movements.

There are several keys in Chapter 1 though that get built on over and over - getting deep into the glutes on the takeaway, pushing back when surfing to level, and thrusting up with the lead hip through impact. As you get into Chapters 2 and 3 pushing away with the arms will also be an important concept to build on.

It was Chapter 1 that convinced me that this is a worthwhile program. The fact that the body movements integrated so well into what I was already trying to do with my swing was testament to me that Bryan has a good handle on the operation of the swing. The principles he teaches are very similar to other instruction I have had - specifically ABS and George Gankas - just brought out with a different perspective of martial arts.

I am on Day 44 since October, when work, then holidays, then more work hampered progress -- but Day 44 got me through full swing. I still work on the concepts on the range or rehearse at home. Talking with another guy who was doing the program at the same time, he says the Instagram and other additions have helped since the Fall.

Worthwhile? Yes - you must have time.

Does it take more than 60 days? You bet. It takes time to ingrain new concepts and take them to the course.

After a time, my procedure was to preview the lesson quickly by listening, then doing it later in the day - it helps ingraining the moves.

Remember, video is not the same as a live instructor, and sometimes, not every detail is clear - rinse, repeat, look at forum...

Good luck.

I'm into the last week of training as I am on Day 54. I have seen basically all the instruction from the swing perspective with just some more discussion and mental training to go.

First, I enjoyed the training and have found it valuable. My swing is getting better as the instruction has taught me to use pressures more efficiently in my swing. This last chapter is about trajectory and shot shaping, though the shot shaping is more of just a discussion topic. They reserve actually training of that until after the 60-day program. I was pleased to find that it is not different in concept that what I am learning through ABS - application of pressure on the shaft through impact and into follow-thru to influence shape.

After the course is completed, they open up all the various lessons into individual modules so you can structure swing maintenance as you see fit. There is also plenty of opportunities for upselling as they have on-site and on-line follow up lessons and the "Grad School" once a year. I definitely want to do the stretching routines several times a week and also the strength and speed routine a couple times a week. I think the strength portion is very important for success in the program. The course is all about pressure through impact and how the body builds and delivers those pressures. Flexibility also plays an important part especially with the back and the hips.

Is it worth the $180 I spent? Given how much I have spent with ABS and with PGA lessons I would say absolutely. The movements are easy to pick up and they include print-out guides that you can reference to validate your movements. Personally, I am also getting tremendous benefits from the mental training as it takes me out of going shot to shot and has me looking much further forward in time. This is helping me remove a lot of anxiety and pressure of did I hit a shot well or score well. My thinking now is much more that I've been trained and I know what to do - direct my energy forward and execute. I won't always be perfect or sometimes not even close to perfect, but I know where I am going.

I've shared video of my swing with friends and they can see positive changes. I will probably do a before and after and post it here too over the next few weeks if people would find that beneficial.

I actually had never heard of this but just started seeing a teaching professional and he uses this as his basis for teaching. It's only been one lesson, but I'm intrigued so far. Wondering if picking up the program to work on at home would be a good supplement to what I am and will be learning in lessons.

I actually had never heard of this but just started seeing a teaching professional and he uses this as his basis for teaching. It's only been one lesson, but I'm intrigued so far. Wondering if picking up the program to work on at home would be a good supplement to what I am and will be learning in lessons.

I would think this would be a great way to learn the program. If this method interests you then having a pro to work with who understands what you are trying to do and can help you work it into your swing more efficiently and effectively can only be a plus. Also, the cost can't be more than 2 lessons with your pro so it is a good value. Just be committed to working all the way through the program. 60 sessions are a lot and it takes a commitment. I am in my last 5 lessons and taking my time. These last several are really just review.

I would think this would be a great way to learn the program. If this method interests you then having a pro to work with who understands what you are trying to do and can help you work it into your swing more efficiently and effectively can only be a plus. Also, the cost can't be more than 2 lessons with your pro so it is a good value. Just be committed to working all the way through the program. 60 sessions are a lot and it takes a commitment. I am in my last 5 lessons and taking my time. These last several are really just review.
Are you having a lot of success with the program? What changes/successes have you seen?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Without me reading the whole thread. How does this compare to Joey d stuff? He doesn't teach a swing mostly golf related conditioning

Back