Collecting Putters Hypothetical

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
This should make for some interesting conversation..

Would you rather have one putter worth 2,000 dollars (type or brand isn't really relevant but assume custom or 'tour'), or a handful of putters totaling 2,000 dollars in value?

Ignore the following potential logic elements:
1 - "Collecting putters is stupid"
2 - "They aren't worth that much anyways"
3 - "I'd rather use it as a downpayment on some PXG irons"

I would go with one very unique, very valuable putter. Less chance of me taking it out and using it and stupidly damaging it.

I'd rather have 1 putter that I can make putts with, I don't give a rip what it's worth! Haha

To answer your question, 1 worth $2k. And cherish it and game that baby!

I would get a few vs. just one. Too much temptation to have the same kinf of cereal every morning for breakfast when I could have a variety.

Hmmm...tough one...but probably would go with 2-6 putters totaling $2k rather than one worth that.

I'd get a few totaling $2000 instead of one. If i had one i'd never want to use it so i'd have the 'what's the purpose' feeling... If i had a few i could see what was working and switch them out as need be.

I would spend the $2K on about 6 putters. I like options too much when it comes to putters and can get 6 very, very nice putters for $2K.

1 expensive putter. That's the reason I got the one I currently have. I could never decide on one to stick with, so this kinda forces me to.

Personally I would rather have multiple putters value totaling $2000 as it gives me options and options are good!

1 expensive putter. That's the reason I got the one I currently have. I could never decide on one to stick with, so this kinda forces me to.

This is my logic as well. Eleanor ain't going nowhere!

Give me the pile of putters.

I probably have $2K worth of putters on my ponder list already :D

hahaha even hypothetically speaking i cannot answer this question lol

hahaha even hypothetically speaking i cannot answer this question lol
I've got a pile of $2000+ putters. But it all started with that first one.

I was going to add a fourth assumption that you two weren't allowed to have an opinion hahahahha

I like to stick with one...so it would be that.

I think I would go with one putter worth $2,000. I don't even think I would store it as a collectible, I would probably game the heck out of it.

I would have a handful of nice putters. I always like a little variety every now and again.

Assuming I could get two $1000 putters, I would do that. Probably exactly the same. One to game, one for a backup.

Hmm, since I don't collect putters* I would have to say just the single putter.

*BS

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I would go with a few. Options are always great and a wise man once told me its in the stroke and not the putter.

Handful. I can almost get 5 customs for 2k.

One putter worth $2000

I would say one $2k putter as long as I was fit for it. I like rotating clubs but if I spent that much on one and knew it was fit for me it would be hard to not always game it.

Back