Fitting or not and where?

Dgalland

Reaction score
Handicap
Looking for advice here so thank you in advance. I live right outside Nashville Tn and member of a country club there. I have improved my game a lot down to a 7 handicap from about 13 in 2 yrs. My clubs now are Wilson staff di7 irons I hit them very well but old and prob not right for me but hesitant to change bc I hit them well. My driver is old TM. I guess I'm askin even though I'm playing good and improving what is your opinion should I get fitted for new clubs or stay like I am. If I left any info out feel free to ask. Thanks

Looking for advice here so thank you in advance. I live right outside Nashville Tn and member of a country club there. I have improved my game a lot down to a 7 handicap from about 13 in 2 yrs. My clubs now are Wilson staff di7 irons I hit them very well but old and prob not right for me but hesitant to change bc I hit them well. My driver is old TM. I guess I'm askin even though I'm playing good and improving what is your opinion should I get fitted for new clubs or stay like I am. If I left any info out feel free to ask. Thanks

There is no right answer, if you're hitting your clubs and are comfortable with them I don't know that it will provide you much assistance. If you're in the market, a fitting is the way to go. A fitting might provide some insights into some things, but it's not going to fix a terrible swing.

Just throwing this out there ... perhaps go for a driver fitting, see what you think, and while there discuss the pro's/con's of your current iron situation. I think in what you described, the driver may offer the most in terms of technology etc

Not familiar with your area so I can not recommend a location.

The club I belong to has several fitting carts on site. The Pros will fit you or I have just grabbed stuff out of the cart and headed to the range. If you interested talk to your Pros and see what they think. If you happy with your current set then stick with it.

I am a big fan of Golf Tec

I use a custom golf shop and it is hard to beat GolfTec. Avoid the big box stores. Their only job is to sell clubs.

If you have a Club Champion close I would check them out. Worth it IMO

Thanks for info. I think I'll do the driver fitting and go from there. There's a golf Tec about hr away and I'll check with them and see what they do. I appreciate it.

Back