What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a horrible round. Shot a 53, highest I've shot in a long, long time. Just wasn't having fun.

Played a course that requires a lot of forced carries of about 220, but my driver was not functioning today. Took a penalty on pretty much every hole I had to use my driver. And if I did manage to get it in the vicinity of the fairway, the heavy rough screwed me over. My short game was okay though.

Same as yesterday. 38 - 40 - 78. Had a terrific 4 hole stretch on the back 9 where a pull hooked every shot and bogeyed them all. No birdies, doubles or worse.

Posted 38-38 for a 76. Nothing flashy today- lots of GIRs (12), two putts for par, and only one large number (doubled the third hole).

84 on Friday with THP'rs IceyShanks, LordByron, and Girardcorp in our little shamble comp. Good times.

76, +5 in tournament today. A triple on the ninth, four bogeys, two birdies, 11 pars.

Longest drive too, very happy with that!

Not bad for a 9.4 handicapper ;)

Played a pretty tough course today, pure target golf with a lot of blind tee shots and forced carries. With the exception of Par 3s every holes had a fairway stake as the target.

Went 52/42 for a 94. 33% GIRs and 65% FIRs 33 total putts 4 Pars 2 Birdies. Had one horrific blow-up hole that was bad from the start and is the reason my score is the 94.

My wedge shots and approach shots were dialed in. Definitely want another shot at this track. I will score better next time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shot a 118 today. Anything between 20-80 yards was a nightmare. Either blasting over the green, or 3-chipping just to get on the green. Lots of 3 putts...

Still had a great time.

40/39 for a 79 today. Not terrible but swing felt off today. Chipping was horrendous but putting saved me.

Not having touched the clubs since last weekend due to weather, I shouldn't be surprised at short game being a mess.

Weather for next couple of days looks bad, so time to bring practice indoors.

Went 41/41 today for a PB 82. Missed 2 fwys & putted 29 times, can't really pinpoint what happened other than I had no penalty shots all day & my short game was on fire. It was only 6500 yards, but I'll still take it and run

Congrats on the PB Mike!

Nice Mike

Went 41/41 today for a PB 82. Missed 2 fwys & putted 29 times, can't really pinpoint what happened other than I had no penalty shots all day & my short game was on fire. It was only 6500 yards, but I'll still take it and run
Atta boy Mike! I like it.

112 on the same course I shot a 102 on last Sunday. I had 7 penalties off the tee for an added 14 strokes. It will be nice if/when I learn to keep the driver in play and get back to trying to break 90. Putted 37 today when I putted 33 last week. Irons were about the same, but I just wasnt chipping/pitching as well as I was last week.

2014-15 season opener for Houston Amateur Golf Association today at Gleannloch Pines. Putting was way off (34 putts) and wedge game lacking today. Shot 40/43 83 net 74 despite 10 fairways and 7 greens, only made 1 birdie and missed 4 birdie looks inside 10 feet. Finished 5th in my flight, 2 shots out of 2nd. That triple and 2 doubles killed me. Blah. Two weeks till the next one.

91. Best round out of Friday Saturday and Sunday. W/S D200 played admirably. It's something else to point and shoot and that's where the ball goes

I had my A game for the first time in the last few months. I hit 15 greens but only made 1 birdie with very rough greens that were punched and sanded 5 days ago, 1 over on a windy day with 34 putts - maybe my best ball striking day since May.

Great round Mike. Some solid playing there.

Very nice Mike. Well done with the PB!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice buddy! Great shooting and congrats. Now there is no reason to go low every time.

Nice buddy! Great shooting and congrats. Now there is no reason to go low every time.

Funny thing is I didn't realize I was that low until I was on 16. I knew my front 9 was good & just kept playing bc I was in a groove.

Funny thing is I didn't realize I was that low until I was on 16. I knew my front 9 was good & just kept playing bc I was in a groove.
That's usually how it goes. Sometimes it's just hard to get out of your own way. Just makes golf much more fun. Haha

Congrats on the PB Mike! awesome job!

Played some of my best golf and some of my worst today.
Was sailing through my first 7 holes today.
Opening with par then birdie, then giving the stroke back but finishing the opening 7 holes +2.
Then #8... Par 5. Took a 9 into a tight hole on a links style course, coupled with a bad crosswind. Lost my tee ball, then my approach. Before holing my 9th shot.

#9 was just as bad. Tee shot caught some serious cross breeze and went OB, Re-tee'd and found a FW bunker with a 35 yd carry out of the bunker towards the hole, that I left it in the bunker, then short of the green, a bladed wedge, then 3 putts got me in in 8...

Ended up shooting 10 over 46 on the front.

Same ferocious wind on holes 10-13, I wish I would have played some shots differently as I ended up doubling those holes.
I fought back and shot par on each hole 14-17 before doubling 18.
Also for a +10 46.

I did finish with 30 putts which I was happy about.

So 46/46 for a 92, not happy with the blowup holes, but the other 11 holes I'll take.

Great round, Mike! With your game, you should be hanging in that neighborhood all the time. I feel a sub 80 round in your near future my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back