What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
never heard of Del-Mars? what is it?

Sorry I guess I should have mentioned that. It's a Mexican restuarant that is trying to be like Chipotle. You can pick the ingredients for your taco, burrito or whatever. It might have been the location I went to.

Sorry I guess I should have mentioned that. It's a Mexican restuarant that is trying to be like Chipotle. You can pick the ingredients for your taco, burrito or whatever. It might have been the location I went to.

Hmmm...sounds good but dont think there are any around here. I never heard of Chipotles either but I dont get out much. PF Changs rocks though

Hmmm...sounds good but dont think there are any around here. I never heard of Chipotles either but I dont get out much. PF Changs rocks though

Never heard of Chipotle?? What?? It's only the greatest "fast food" joint for Burrito's. You have to find one and try it. When I hit the lottery or the market rebounds and makes me a billionaire ( :roll: ) I'm going to open a Chipotle just so I can eat there everyday and not feel guilty about spending so much time there.

Never heard of Chipotle?? What?? It's only the greatest "fast food" joint for Burrito's. You have to find one and try it. When I hit the lottery or the market rebounds and makes me a billionaire ( :roll: ) I'm going to open a Chipotle just so I can eat there everyday and not feel guilty about spending so much time there.

McD's developed Chipotle, I think. I like it too. There is another similar franchise called California Tortilla. It's good as well. But my favorite "quality quick" Mexican franchise is Taco Cabana, which I got to know in Austin, TX. Far and away the best of these types of places, in my opinion.

McD's developed Chipotle, I think. I like it too.

Was it developed by them, or did they just buy into it? I think they are a company out of Denver and McDs owns 49%. I am probably wrong though. I do enjoy their burrito bowls but not so much the burritos.

actually I never eat fast food. but i dont think there are any chipotles in the philly area or I would have at least heard of it

We have "Taco Del Mar" with the "Mondo Burrito" and such.

Hmmm.. that might be the name of it. I'm not sure though. I know there's a guy that drives a yellow Hummer that has Del Mar's on the side. I think it's the same guy that just a year ago had Subway on the side of the same Hummer.

Was it developed by them, or did they just buy into it? I think they are a company out of Denver and McDs owns 49%. I am probably wrong though. I do enjoy their burrito bowls but not so much the burritos.

I THINK McD's bought into Chipotle. Sounds like a question for Wiki.

Hmmm.. that might be the name of it. I'm not sure though. I know there's a guy that drives a yellow Hummer that has Del Mar's on the side. I think it's the same guy that just a year ago had Subway on the side of the same Hummer.

Could be different. Taco Del Mar is more like a Taco Bell or Taco Time. Pretty good food though. Fresher than Taco Hell or Taco Slime.

2007-menu.jpg

2394530010_16a06cf4b5.jpg

Could be different. Taco Del Mar is more like a Taco Bell or Taco Time. Pretty good food though. Fresher than Taco Hell or Taco Slime.

That's the place. Like I said it could have just been the location or the employees or many other things but I just didn't think it was that good.

I avoid chains... only one I frequent is Chilis b/c their salsa is amazing!

whoever owns what the food is damn tasty!

Just to clear everything up.

Chipotle on Wiki

McD's did have majority interest. They have since sold it. I'll agree that it is damn tasty. :smile-big: Now I think I want Chipotle for dinner. :sad:

I wish my wife liked it. I could eat there a couple times a week for probably a month before I had to take a break! Cheap and filling.

Very nice Dent.
I am making GG Chicken Marsala tonight.

One of the two worst jobs I ever had in my life was at Taco Time. I couldn't eat Mexican food for years after that. :sick:

I know I will probably never eat there again after this..

Spoiler
Do tell me why!

You never want to know how food is made. Especially fast food.

You never want to know how food is made. Especially fast food.

The grease pretty much osmoses through your pores.

What was the other one?

Receptionist in a 500 lawyer law firm. That one was like the Kurt Vonnegut story where everyone is equal, and the smart people got their brains zapped at regular intervals to interrupt their trains of thought. Ever since that job, I can't remember a name to save my soul.

No good "bad job" stories. Just boring, depressing ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back